Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
If you get spammed with tells, you can do /blist add <r>, and it will add the last person that sent you a tell with a confirm message in case its not who you were expecting.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
So what's with the cash flow in game? Sure I can make money selling to suckers on the marketplace, but it feels like there's more $$$ leaving the server (market fees, transport/repair costs) than is coming in. I mean I'm killing stuff in my 30s and it drops 2 gil. Just fighting that one mob probably costs more than that in repairs.
Levees are the current way to make gil at 50. Everything else is a sink pretty much. (well other then feeding off other players)

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
They really do need to ton down the port costs. And the fuck if im choco'ing and taking air ships all that way and taking an extra 20 min each time you want to switch cities.
Favorited the 3 cities, binding in whichever one I get to a new quest hub, porting to a city and taking the chocobo from there takes 4 minutes max. For a while I did have horizon favorited, but realized that the chocobo to vesper from ul'dah isn't that much longer than the chocobo from horizon, and saves me money.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Well finally got my relic weapon complete. I won't lie, they make you work for it abit and the average duty finder'esk player is going to be having troubles to complete this without a major nerf to at least the Titan HM fight. Everything else is doable and or a function of cost which will eventually go down with more crafters/gathers. I need myth tombstones to refresh on Monday and i'll have enough to +1 the relic staff which adds + 3 attk power and a few to each stat for the low low price of 900 myth tombstones. Probably be better off buying my robe but fuck it, I want to have this 100% complete. I shudder thinking I need to do this again for my second account tank....have him at 50 WAR atm but think i'm going to level PAL up and play him as a PAL back up.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Finally finished my Relic today. Curious what other people's time is at speed running AK. We finally did it in under 11 minutes today and that was missing 3 relics in the group.
rrr_img_42729.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
FWIW my brother found a physical copy for pc at our local Walmart, it was the last one though.

Kind of tired of the plastic sheen armor in this game. So far enjoying levelling though (slowly, 23 MRD

Menion_sl

shitlord
Well finally got my relic weapon complete. I won't lie, they make you work for it abit and the average duty finder'esk player is going to be having troubles to complete this without a major nerf to at least the Titan HM fight. Everything else is doable and or a function of cost which will eventually go down with more crafters/gathers. I need myth tombstones to refresh on Monday and i'll have enough to +1 the relic staff which adds + 3 attk power and a few to each stat for the low low price of 900 myth tombstones. Probably be better off buying my robe but fuck it, I want to have this 100% complete. I shudder thinking I need to do this again for my second account tank....have him at 50 WAR atm but think i'm going to level PAL up and play him as a PAL back up.
Just curious but why do you have 2 accounts when you can do everything on one character?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Maybe they like to dual box? I have two accounts. One is my wife's but I am fairly certain I will inherit it

vehn

Silver Knight of the Realm
How much would it cost to get alch to 50 with no gathering stuff? I Got 185k and want to try it

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How much would it cost to get alch to 50 with no gathering stuff? I Got 185k and want to try it
Depends on your server prices and how many gatherers there are I guess. It takes about 100-150 potions/basic materials combines to get 5 levels from 20 to about 30, then 150-200 from 30 to 40, then 200-250ish from 40 to 50, based on what I did. 1-20 is done with vendor mats. You can look up what is cheaper for each tier and check the prices, for me I used only botany stuff since that's what I was leveling but mining could be cheaper(lots of mining stuff is cheaper on this server). It'll also take I wanna say 5000water shards and 2500lightning shards or something, I'm not 100%sure since I kept buying them but should be a decent estimate, maybe 4000water.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Yea shards will definitely get you. Be sure to do all the tradeskill level 1 and 5 quests, I think those still give like 100 crystals. I blow through lightning shards, and it's boring as hell gathering them (I can't afford to buy em QQ).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ah also forgot to mention you can cut down heavily on shards/materials costs by doing crafting leves. If you craft HQ stuff to turn in, and assuming you can HQ reliably(do 1 tier lower leves if you can't), you basically get a level every 3leves, which generally require only 1 item done. There's also special leves that require 3 of the same item, these can be repeated for free(without leve allowances) if you turn in HQ, but you need to find which one works like that. If you don't plan on gathering, leves are a great way to lvl crafting fast and cheap.

Saban_sl

shitlord
I don't see why you would want to deal with the hassle, can't think of much you could do with 2 characters that you can't do with one.