Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

spronk

FPS noob
Have all the relic weapons been finished already? I just wanted to see what they all look like.
yeah they've all been completed for at least a week. Here is an imgur album with all of them rendered with webGL, not in game. in game they have particle effects (glow) and look slightly different

http://imgur.com/a/dpr7J

for example in game the black mage one looks like this

509d56dd2e0efc3d10a59274.jpg

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
i am a casual scum.

got my friend on board with this game. bought ps3 version the other day. only one left. he can only run ps3. oh well.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
How are you level 50 people finding the repair bills?

There's a huge thread on the lack of ways to *generate* gil (not earn via market). I agree with the OP, but the white knight/fanboi posts coupled with the idiots makes this thread one of the most painful to read ones I've seen:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...d-in-this-game.

Sean_sl

shitlord

There's a huge thread on the lack of ways to *generate* gil (not earn via market). I agree with the OP, but the white knight/fanboi posts coupled with the idiots makes this thread one of the most painful to read ones I've seen:

Gil is pretty fucked up in this game. 99% of it comes from people story questing to 50 and there's hardly any entering the world from other sources and it's going to be a *huge* issue with repair bills draining all of that way.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
yeah they've all been completed for at least a week. Here is an imgur album with all of them rendered with webGL, not in game. in game they have particle effects (glow) and look slightly different

http://imgur.com/a/dpr7J

for example in game the black mage one looks like this

509d56dd2e0efc3d10a59274.jpg
Fucking... the bard trainer has the bard relic weapon, seriously?

Saban_sl

shitlord
Gil is pretty fucked up in this game. 99% of it comes from people story questing to 50 and there's hardly any entering the world from other sources and it's going to be a *huge* issue with repair bills draining all of that way.
Lol reading the first few pages of that thread and its amazing how many people just don't understand what the problem is.

Saban_sl

shitlord
I'm never Raising anyone again outside of a group or raid. 30 fucking people running around all these fates but no one will stop to raise you.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'm never Raising anyone again outside of a group or raid. 30 fucking people running around all these fates but no one will stop to raise you.
I make it a point to res people at Fates. Unless I'm running around as a Botanist, because I don't care enough about you to reset my GP to 0 :p

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
at first i didn't rezz people because i couldn't give a fuck. then i died in one and someone came over to revive me. I was so thankful that I decided to do the same thing every time someone asked for one. Hell of a game.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

It's eventually going to be a huge issue. The only game generated gil entering the game is via questing. It just doesn't come from any other source at any meaningful quantities(level 49/50 mobs dropping 2 gil, or instances bosses dropping nothing. Vendoring items blows really bad etc). Eventually the vast majority will be done questing , money will drain via repairs(and you have to repair everything, combat, crafting, gathering ) and the total gil in play is going to just decline rapidly unless they do something.

Naj_sl

shitlord
I'm bringing about 10k a day into the economy through high end cooking levequests. It's not a lot of money but it more than covers my daily repairs.

I don't know how pure DoM/DoW players are supposed to generate more gil than they destroy though.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm bringing about 10k a day into the economy through high end cooking levequests. It's not a lot of money but it more than covers my daily repairs.

I don't know how pure DoM/DoW players are supposed to generate more gil than they destroy though.
Yeah, but you are one hissy fit from pitching it all down a river.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Did anyone craft their weapons/gear as they leveled?
It's viable if you level a bunch of trades to 15 for the cross class skills, so you can HQ your gear. Also armor is only worth it if you're using plate so you can craft with armorer which uses ingots, as weaver and leather require a fuckton of farming for drops, or having a bunch of leves and disposable income. Overall it's completely unnecessary however, you can basically level from 1 to 50 naked by just joining groups for FATEs and running that, don't even need to do quests or anything. Obviously once 50 you'll have to go back and do a ton of low level story quests and you will have no gear or money but eh.

Side note, finally killed Titan. Joined a fairly casual guild with my friends instead of the hardcore raiders I usually join so finding the right group of people to do this has been painful. Then we did find the right people at around 2AM and wiped until almost 7 non stop, almost all at under 20%. 2 wipes under 2% too, one of which was basically one more shot. But did get it on a perfect run even though everyone was tired as fuck, felt good. I even won a shitty ass blue weapon from titan which I'm gonna replace in like 3runs of amdapor to get the tomes to finish the relic. It's not an insanely hard fight mind you, if you have consistent people it's just a matter of dodging shit and there's not much random aspects to it, but it still requires a level of execution nothing else before that requires, not even close.

Skrigg

Golden Squire
So I was going to level some crafts specific to the class I want to have as my main (Bard) and I was going to choose them based on being able to slot materia into my own gear so I thought having leatherworking (armor) and carpentry (bow) would be the way to go. But as I looked at the gear sets I realized that the best gear doesn't have materia slots? I must be missing something because of the way people are buying and selling materia. Could someone fill me in on this?

Sean_sl

shitlord
So I was going to level some crafts specific to the class I want to have as my main (Bard) and I was going to choose them based on being able to slot materia into my own gear so I thought having leatherworking (armor) and carpentry (bow) would be the way to go. But as I looked at the gear sets I realized that the best gear doesn't have materia slots? I must be missing something because of the way people are buying and selling materia. Could someone fill me in on this?
None of the high end dropped/token gear use materia, just crafted stuff (which is fairly decent but way more tedious to obtain). The main reason people are buying and selling materia right now is that the Relic Weapons require it.

Skrigg

Golden Squire
None of the high end dropped/token gear use materia, just crafted stuff (which is fairly decent but way more tedious to obtain). The main reason people are buying and selling materia right now is that the Relic Weapons require it.
I see thanks. So basically it comes down to just needing the crafting profession that can craft and meld the weapon you need for the quest if you want to be self sufficient.