Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
So beta so far has been limited in content right? Can anyone playing or perhaps with more knowledge than me give some kind of insight into the end game without being too NDA breaking?
There was already a quite a bit of endgame content introduced in subsequent patches of version 1.0 of the game, I don't see them totally scrapping all that stuff, It will be reintroduced in some way.

ixian_sl

shitlord
I don't expect it'll be like FFXI's end-game. Until the level cap raise a few years ago, FFXI was all tiny upgrades, sidegrades, and highly situational pieces of gear since you could swap gear in-combat. Though, I wouldn't expect FFXIV to be like modern MMOs where you have frequent gear resets, either.

Sidhe

<Banned>
Starting tomorrow (the 27th, not the 26th), the NDA will be partially lifted and players will be allowed to discuss character creation and the zones Old Gridania and New Gridania.

Forbin_sl

shitlord
Yeah im running into the same issue.

let me know if you figure something out

edit- im pretty sure the link sent with the e-mail is just down at the moment.

Fenz

Silver Knight of the Realm
I just registered and got a beta key (encountered no problems). NM this was about the FFXIV site. No joy there too :|

Fazana_sl

shitlord
The info a_skeleton_03 supplied is enough to get going, silly square!

It's probably not going to run on my shitbox laptop anyway but wth, can but try.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Insta crash on launch from the Play button after login for me. Probably hates my machine but it gives no info when it keels over.

At least the account creation process was 800x easier than the old FF11 version, that fucker was worse than solving a rubiks cube.