Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Stave

Potato del Grande
I wish it were going to be on the PS4, I think we'd know if it was or not though by now. Maybe they're saving it for E3 or something.
http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/0...-set-for-june/

Upcoming info, and "Yoshida says a PS4 version is possible as the team would like to reach a wide audience, but a final decision will be made when the time is right."
Sounds to me like PS4 version will come if the game/ps4 does well.

Also of note, "Yoshida thought that the global cool-down in Phase 2 beta was too long." Good so we should see some combat tweaks. Also it sounds like the UI is being redone for phase 3. "How's Hiroshi Minagawa doing? (person in charge of ARR UI, wiki link) > Great! He completely revamped the UI for Phase 3. The stuff you see now will no longer be there"

Sean_sl

shitlord
Ah nice, here's to hoping for an E3 announcement then. Hopefully Square pulls out an awesome show and announces this and FFVs13 rebranded as FF15 for the PS4.

ixian_sl

shitlord
An E3 announcement would mark the 4 year anniversary since the game was originally announced. Remember when that happened?

Malkavious_sl

shitlord
Ladies and gents! We're happy to announce the official launch ofFFXIV Junkies!
In the days and weeks to come we'll have more and more updates, including the kind of news and guides that you've come to expect from the Junkie Nation!
So please, check it out!
Also, should anyone be interested, I'd like to find a few contributing writers. So if you are interested, please feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you ASAP!

ixian_sl

shitlord
Sadly, phase 2 also limited playersthe theregion of Gridania, which though completely redone and mind bogglingly gorgeous, one can't help but wonder what they've done with the other regions of the world.
Oops. :b

Grizzlebeard_sl

shitlord
I'm almost moved to tears by all this communication from S-E. Having played FFXI from NA launch where all player communication, Japanese included, was treated mostly with stony silence or the odd contemptuous, "You're not playing the game how we want you to, you need to adapt not us!" this is like spring water to a man crawling through the desert.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm almost moved to tears by all this communication from S-E. Having played FFXI from NA launch where all player communication, Japanese included, was treated mostly with stony silence or the odd contemptuous, "You're not playing the game how we want you to, you need to adapt not us!" this is like spring water to a man crawling through the desert.
Would you go as far as saying... western altepa desert... BAAAAAM

Nhilist_sl

shitlord
More Info regarding Beta phase 3

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...o_phase_3_etc/

Translated by the always amazing Reinhart
?Official service start is during summer (Sale during when it's hot (weather))
?Post 5/20 we will have information on sale date & CE details + pre-order starts
?If you pre-order you can get early access
?All legacy players will get early access
?TV CM is being worked on, CM will be different from Japan/US
?Aside from promo CM they are working on different stuff, planning to release info on that around June
?New trailer around 3rd week of May (preparing several / showing Odin as well)
?There is 6-7 in-game item in the CE edition (Such as FF1's main characters "Light Warriors" head gear)
?For "Light Warrior" gear they are working on not only the head, but full gear
?Beta test phase 3 is for early June
?580,000 people is already (in/applied?) Beta test
?UI will change in phase 3 (Will be faster/number of available options is probably #1 in the world (lots of config options))
?Opening is implemented from phase 3 (voice included)
?2nd Benchmark is going to release in between phase 3 and 4
?PS3 versions optimization progressed and the quality got higher
?Per YoshiP regarding PS4 version - we'll (probably) have it
?PC version: High resolution texture will be looked into after DX11 is addressed
?After launch, they are planning to ask different music composers to create music.
?2-3 new BGM by Mizuta Noashi is planned for launch
?Already asked Nobuo Uematsu for new music ?
?Planning to sell OST, will have it in CE version as well
?BLM's magic damage increases by casting in a row
?The live demo video of Arcanist will be released around E3
?Can go to Eureka (FF3's dungeon)
?Will have 2 retainers (Within same world it's possible to share between characters)
?Planning to implement a super retainer (temp name) which has more features
?Difficulty to obtain Dark Light gear will be eased, will be something lower than primal gear
?Need Relic to go Crystal Tower
?Crystal Tower gear is higher than Relic, Bahamut gear is higher than this
?With later added content it's possible to upgrade relic
?FATE level sync is switched on manually through task list
?There is no difference in convenience between starting nations
?Swim suit will be redistributed, confirmed.
?Shiva coming after Ramuh and Leviathan
?Barber will be implemented through patch right after launch
?Weather forecast NPC or Fat Chocobo coming after launch
?Planning for in-game library (temp-name) (can read lore information and such)
?Birthday even will be looked into later
?Subligar (FF11's leg gear) will be looked into for release
?In scenario staff there may be staff SE fan's know
?SE's new CEO Matsuda is planned to appear around next letter LIVE
?YoshiP's birthday May 1st, turning 40.
?YoshiP: His favorite character from FF series is Cloud and Sephiroth
?YoshiP: Has played over 4 digit numbers, done all the G rank solo, talked to Tsujimoto, might have something in future for colaboration.

ixian_sl

shitlord
Not with your grammar.
That sounds like an invitation to pick apart every Junkies post!
smile.png

ixian_sl

shitlord
Nah. But I did go through the posts on FFXIV Junkies when it was first revealed, and you don't even need to hit up the "Continue Reading" sections to find errors. Take for example the summary from the Mark Jacobs interview:
This week we sit down with Mark Jacobs and discuss his Kickstarter project: Camelot Unchained. Our conversation ranges from what to expect in the game to going over his founding principles and getting to the bottom of what he wants his game to become. Camelot Unchained looks to bring old school RVR/PVP ideals to a modern game. While not shooting for a AAA game created to support millions of players;Mark Jacobs hopes to fashion a game for RVR players only. Not sacrificing design to make everyone happy, Camelot Unchained hopes to bring RVR toit'sniche market.
Edit: There's also a lot of other things I'd like to fix or see fixed. For example, the link toWrite for Junkies Nationleads to a page with an error. Also, "COMMUNITY ENGADGEMENT".

Edit 2: There was also an issue I pointed out inthis post(the word "the" was used twice in succession) that someone tried to fix by removing an instance of "the" rather than correctly replacing the first instance with the word "to".