Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Mystina_sl

shitlord
questing is the best way to level up. fating in between is fine as well. just make sure not to do those fates that has one boss mob. once you get one class to 50, you get 50% exp bonus buff.
YOu get an xp bonus as long as it's not your highest level class. Chocobo riding unlocks at 20, chocobo companion (that can fight with you) unlocks at level 30.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Whats the fastest way to level now days? I have my BLM in full i90 gear, have 50 ARC, and 33 Pug/Archer but figured I better get WHM for future class requirements plus healers seem to suck and there are huge queues for dps.

I don't see anyone out fating it seems, are dungeons better now ? (just got back from a few month break so not sure of all changes). Also is there a manual you can buy to gain extra exp from adventuring/slaying?

Lastly, I also have a 50 WAR as another character since I figured I'd take advantage of myth cap's etc on 2 characters instead of putting all classes on one. Are tanks in such a desperate demand that it would be better to focus my attention on him? I've always been a caster dps and 2 box/alt a healer my entire life but part of me enjoys the tank role since I tend to be more of a leader then most ingame so its easier to call shots when you are the tank.

Oh, has there been any talk about larger then 8 man raids? I fucking hate 8 man raids, and no CT that can be done with your eyes closed is not what I am talking about. I mean 24 man content ment to be the hardest in the game. Or are we doomed to small guilds

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Why would anyone ever give the advice "pull out your chocobo"? That thing steals exp and is as useful as a downy trying to pick up chicks....

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Why would anyone ever give the advice "pull out your chocobo"? That thing steals exp and is as useful as a downy trying to pick up chicks....
I actually thought about leveling it seriously. Another bar to fill!! /OCD

Then I realized how horrible the interface was, and that If I wanted to mount at all I'd have to resummon it from scratch. Horrible setup.

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
Haven't played in a while, but can you still not queue for party finder with chocobo out? If you do summon it while in party finder, it automatically drops you out of queue? Also cannot mount? Yeah...goooo chocobo.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yes all of those things are still in the game for no good fucking reason. Also for some reason when I'm riding my floating eyeball or magitek, my chocobo can't be out! Makes a ton of sense.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Word on the street is that they are going to let you summon your mount and queue for dungeons with your chocobo out. If you are looking to solo fates for quests or whatever, getting him to level 3 or 4 and putting points in healer is totally fine. Takes like an hour or less if you have the FC buff up. If you are looking to get all the achieve's and stuff then sure, do it. I just thought it was funny that someone recommended it as a way to level good.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
How do I sign up for the PS4 beta? I downloaded it, but I have no clue if I'll be able to log in this weekend.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
The first phase of beta testing for the PlayStation?4 version is rapidly approaching, with testing scheduled to take place at the following times:

From Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:00 a.m. to Monday, March 3, 2014 at 12:00 a.m.

With no need to apply or pre-register, users are encouraged to participate and experience the many new features offered by the PlayStation?4 version of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone | PlayStation®4 Version Beta Test Overview (02/12/2014)

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Turn 2 Enrage buffed (so much for working as intended):

Turn 5 Nerfed:
1. Increased the length of conflags
2. Snakes HP decreased.
3. Possibly enrage lengthened or removed.
(bonus: bigger green dots at dive bomb).

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
How is the telegraph one working? At work so cant see some of the other sites but I would imagine any improvement for the people who have delays would be good.
Meh, I like it but it doesn't really change anything.
I don't know how people missed the solid shapes before that NOW they need neon flashing on it. It does look better but I don't think I get any 'extra' warning to move. If people weren't moving before, this isn't likely to make them want to move now.

spronk

FPS noob
wow first impressions of PS4 client are absolutely terrible, the launcher is complete garbage. its literally the PC launcher ported to ps4, with a tiny window thats 1/2 the 1080p screen (not scaled, NICE) and requires you to move the cursor with the gamepad. I guess I shouldn't have expected anything other than brutal incompetence.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
frown.png