Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's really not that hard. Outside of twintania, most groups of randoms (unless there's someone who's who's exceptionally retarded) could clear all endgame content, including primal extremes, in a couple hours practice, especially now since any mix of 8 will atleast have a few that have beaten it and can tell the others what to do. The problem is df is only 60 minutes, compounded by the fact people in both pf and df give up after 2-3 tries. Add to that the occasional stupidly under geared dps and the 'lagging' tank and you end up with easily farmable content that ends up taking numerous attempts to beat, which is incredibly frustrating.
I envy those of you that have a steady group or groups that can just roll in and farm content for hours. My fc stopped logging in months ago, which sucks for people who want the night horse mount like me

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
By the way , what happened to wow? Because the wow I remember would laugh at these ffxiv raids. But I quit when wrath came out. But I think anything in sun well was a bigger raid check than stuff in this game, outside of maybe twintania

Draynar_sl

shitlord
By the way , what happened to wow? Because the wow I remember would laugh at these ffxiv raids. But I quit when wrath came out. But I think anything in sun well was a bigger raid check than stuff in this game, outside of maybe twintania
I think thats kind of unfair as new extremes are really hard at appropriate gear level , just all the raid groups out geared them at release. I'm thinking 2.2 extremes levi and GKM will be really tough since they'll probably be at coil 1-5 level of expected gear with 6-9 coming out.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd say that's the case for ifrit extreme for sure. That last nail phase at i70 dps would be tough I bet. But I don't think the difficulty of Garuda and Titan arises from gear relates issues. There would be even less room for error, sure, but it doesn't matter if your illvl 67 or 90, if you yet knocked off by landslide or tardkill spiny with an aoe, you're gonnna have the same outcome

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
No actually it isn't. I'm one of those players who likes to help people and chat alot with people in general. When I ask people about dungeons or primals I get the same response "No one will do them with me because I have never done them". I have even had people tell me they have watched the videos and explained that to the grps but have still been booted. My point is this game is not newb or casual friendly at all. Therefore you will not keep new folks in fluxing into the game.
Idk who these people are, but it's MMO 101 these days when pugging... learn what you can and fake the rest. Really when pugging, you have to pretend it's the last lifeboat leaving the Titanic and you're a 'doctor'. The main thing is getting in the group. Not getting in won't help you at all.

If someone takes the time and watches Turn 1 of Coil, that takes all of 5 minutes to learn. Turn 2 takes 10. So on and so forth. The ideal thing is you learn one part of a run and go with that, then bluff your way in the other parts. There really are only two options in ANY game, not just FFXIV:

1) Get your own group/guild/linkshell/clan and run with those guys.
2) Get in a pug and fake your way as much as you can

Again, you're taking things that are in every mmo (superciliousness, hyper-selectivity, low patience) and attributing that as if it's unheard of. I don't know a game that doesn't have that to a large degree.

I could probably spend all day here explaining the horrible PUGs I had the past 2 weeks I have been in since my guildees have flown the coop.
I can only assume that prior to your buds leaving, you were perfectly happy running content then. If that's so, how is this the game's fault that your friend's left and you haven't found a new guild to run with? If you had lucked out and found new friends and an even better guild, and your tale would have been totally different, no? That's what happens to some people, and not to others.

But again, that's ANY game.

Draynar_sl

shitlord
PVP is great way to get commends if you can stomach it and probably be better once they fix groups not being able to commend the solo player. (I solo healed up to like rank 15 or so when i realized latency allowed people to hit me through walls if they saw me not behind the wall even though i wasn't lagging and was behind said wall)

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
fake shit and don't be honest. that's what i did when i first learned primals. group sign would say, "ONLY CLEAR."
lolno.

i don't think i can play ffxiv again. all the addiction went out of my system and i really did not enjoy the chore that is coil/primals on a weekly basis. the moment i cleared twintania, coil became a huge hassle and logging in everyweek to beat it wasn't doing it for me anymore. plus i suck at social interaction so fuck.

need archeage.

spronk

FPS noob
every mmo is the same, thats why i just play until cap, fuck around a few weeks, and then never login again. once you quit for a few weeks or months you can't really ever go back, dunno why but its just not the same

that said i have like 2 months of ffxiv (ps3 version bought, $5 ce bought on amazon in january) so i'll fuck around again for a few weeks but raiding is a young mans game. a young man who cant get any pussy. HAHAHA (yeah i cant get any either)

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Nah, I don't want to pay for that, Conkuur. I hear you. That's why I'm not renewing.

Conkuur_sl

shitlord
Idk who these people are, but it's MMO 101 these days when pugging... learn what you can and fake the rest. Really when pugging, you have to pretend it's the last lifeboat leaving the Titanic and you're a 'doctor'. The main thing is getting in the group. Not getting in won't help you at all.

If someone takes the time and watches Turn 1 of Coil, that takes all of 5 minutes to learn. Turn 2 takes 10. So on and so forth. The ideal thing is you learn one part of a run and go with that, then bluff your way in the other parts. There really are only two options in ANY game, not just FFXIV:

1) Get your own group/guild/linkshell/clan and run with those guys.
2) Get in a pug and fake your way as much as you can

Again, you're taking things that are in every mmo (superciliousness, hyper-selectivity, low patience) and attributing that as if it's unheard of. I don't know a game that doesn't have that to a large degree.

I can only assume that prior to your buds leaving, you were perfectly happy running content then. If that's so, how is this the game's fault that your friend's left and you haven't found a new guild to run with? If you had lucked out and found new friends and an even better guild, and your tale would have been totally different, no? That's what happens to some people, and not to others.

But again, that's ANY game.
Not sure why we aren't seeing eye to eye here so hopefully I can clarify better. Most Folks (thankfully) are still honest and decent people and aren't going to lie.(So morality is the problem you are saying ?lol jk) Which Means most people would rather leave a game than betray their moral character for a piece of gear. I mean I get what you are saying and understand it but I can't ascribe to it. I'm old, and old school though and thats just how I roll. Maybe its a fatherless societal social issue but I'm not gonna digress into social issues since this really is about me and the game mostly.

Yes prior to my buds leaving all was sorta ok if you call running 8 hours of game a month ok. It IS the games fault for timer,lockout,tome caps etc... mechanics. So yes my game play woulda been the normal 8 hours a month less the PUG headache but yes its the games fault.. My buds didn't leave because the game play sucked they left because mechanics prevented them from doing what they liked "Playing the Fking game". I"m not getting why you wont concede and are intent on White Knighting. Is it your contention the game is just perfect. If it is I really am happy for you, no sarcasm at all. I like to see folks enjoying a MMO. I just don't get how you can't see how from my viewpoint as I described (and evidently others here in thread) why I don't find it very enjoyable at $15 a month.

I get there really are no MMO's really worth a shit at the moment and I certainly am a disillusioned MMO gamer at present. So I get you making do with the game you have. It's like dating some broad just to get some ass, but she isn't THE ONE you are still looking, but you will still defend her if she is disrespected in public. I'm not trying to disrespect your game I'm tryn to thank you for taking her off my hands lol.

With that my friend I am out.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
If it is I really am happy for you, no sarcasm at all. I like to see folks enjoying a MMO.I just don't get how you can't see how from my viewpointas I described (and evidently others here in thread) why I don't find it very enjoyable at $15 a month.

Yes prior to my buds leaving all was sorta ok if you call running 8 hours of game a month ok.
Totally see your point, sir. I would have suggested if you were only playinganygame for less 8 hours a month WITH your friends, it probably wasn't worth a $13 a month sub either, and definitely not a $15/sub most charge unless you were financially able to hang onto them without blinking. If it was F2P, sure.. 8 hours will do it probably for you.

But this game won't be doing that, no matter how many times people who want to play it but don't feel like it's worth money say that. The company's history shows that. They could drop another 100k subs tomorrow and they'll still have the fee up. I'm not defending that, I'm just saying that's a fact.

But make no mistake, this isn't MY game. I didn't make it, don't work for SE, never tried to convince anyone to play it, and don't have any skin in it if it closes anymore than the other ones I play. If someone calls it a turdbag, what do I care? That's their opinion. I also liked TOR, DCUO, TSW and Anarchy Online and people called those shitgames not worth a sub too. In fact I LT'ed on DCUO and TSW (although I'm getting the last laugh on people now because of SOE's new restructing plan), so /meh.

I was just pointing out a lot of the excuses you've been posting (can't get parties, waiting weeks/months for content, irritating snobby communities, whatever) aren't something you wouldn't find anywhere else in any mmo which makes me wonder why you would play them still if you feel that way. If I played mmos as less as you did, I'd probably just quit them altogether and stick with things like Titanfall or Destiny when that comes out.

Ferr_sl

shitlord
I am definitely gonna be giving this game a try again if wildstar is a piece of shit. The content was super enjoyable while it lasted, and I haven't fully immersed myself in an mmo like I did with ffxiv in a long, long time. However, waiting 4 months for a patch that really only added primals that I pugged in the first 3 hours, and a new 4man that was just awful RVR, I couldn't keep doing it
frown.png

Conkuur_sl

shitlord
" If I played mmos as less as you did, I'd probably just quit them altogether "

I think you are not reading what I write correctly when I said I was playing FFXIV 8 hours a month was because the game limits you with lockouts,and caps as to what you can do. Not that that was all the time I had to play. I play lots of MMO's and my gaming time is limited only to my ability to stay awake. I am retired and when I'm not workin the farm or chasing Grand kids I'm playn MMO's or strategy MMO's like Travian or rpgs. I have all the consoles as well . Time isn't my issue its the ability for a game to keep my attention and warrant money+ time+challenge= worth continuing. I reached my point with FFXIV for the time being.

"But this game won't be doing that, no matter how many times people who want to play it but don't feel like it's worth money say that. The company's history shows that. They could drop another 100k subs tomorrow and they'll still have the fee up. I'm not defending that, I'm just saying that's a fact."

I get what FFXIV is, and where its heading this is why you addressed me to begin with. I know they are going to continue THE EXACT route they are on thats the exact reason I left. We basically agree my friend just short of you admitting it.

I been around MMO's a long time I know what I like and don't like. I have been a hardcore raider in Elite guilds to just a casual Beta, alpha-ing newb. I know the ends and the outs and enjoy MMO's to their fullest but I find them less thrilling and less challenging these days. I do see hope on the horizon though with the surge in indie games. That will be the only place a more persistent world (my personal preference) and community based game will come from.

WoW kinda changed the model for gaming in terms of commercial success and also changed the entire industry in good and bad ways. Folks like me that enjoyed a persistent world were soon left with instanced everything and games you could solo to cap only to be forced to wait in lines for content with folks you not only didn't know but likely would never see again. I remember folks being angry in the old days because they had to wait on grind grps. The new games didn't change that they just added them to the end of the game.

Ah now see there I go geezing again thats what us old folks do lol. One day if you are lucky you will be here too. Anyway Jack I think you are good people and maybe one day we will be on a game grped up talkin shit together in the future. Take care bro and Game On!

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Ah now see there I go geezing again thats what us old folks do lol. One day if you are lucky you will be here too. Anyway Jack I think you are good people and maybe one day we will be on a game grped up talkin shit together in the future. Take care bro and Game On!
Gee willikers, Mister. Just how fucking oldareyou?
tongue.png

I've lived half a century already and if you're saying I'll "be lucky to get where you are one day", you must be Methuselah-aged.