Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Conkuur_sl

shitlord
Well let me put it this way I was around back when the Stones first started out.....you know......Fred and Barney lol.

We are close in age then. I'm used to most gamers being younger than me. Sorry for the assumption. I grew up on coleco and Pong,activision,atari, you remember DOS? lol

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I don't understand who plays a theme park MMO and doesn't realize they are all 8 hours a month after you level up and get it on farm and they all release content every 4 months or so. This isn't something new.

MoP drops on September 25th 2012
Throne of Thunder and some new World Bosses drop on March 15th 2013
Siege of Ogrimmar releases on September 10th 2013

Wait a minute here. Are you telling me Final Fantasy is releasing end game content faster then World of Warcraft?

Is this the first theme park MMO you guys have played?

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Well let me put it this way I was around back when the Stones first started out.....you know......Fred and Barney lol.

We are close in age then. I'm used to most gamers being younger than me. Sorry for the assumption. I grew up on coleco and Pong,activision,atari, you remember DOS? lol
To be totally honest, I'm so old that when all that stuff was coming out I had no clue about hardly any of it. I wish I could lie and say I was on the forefront of that revolution as far as taking them apart and seeing how they all worked and whatnot.

I spent my ass outside on the lot most of the day running around in my Keds and Chuck Taylors, and playing tackle football in the sidestreet. Pong was the only thing we had when I was growing up, and that was from a kid on another block we got to play 'sometimes'. Other than that, it was the old 'tape a string to a quarter trick' and hang out at the drugstore rigging free games while your buddies blocked the pharmacist's view.

You didn't find too many computer households with Pong and Atari's in the projects, but yeah I think we are pretty close in age if you remember that stuff.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Wait a minute here. Are you telling me Final Fantasy is releasing end game content faster then World of Warcraft?
Yeah, they are. They stated long ago they wanted a 3 month dev cycle, and they've been keeping pretty close to it, except the first patch which was delayed a month or so due to all the server pops being higher they expected.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
I can has 2.2 patch notes?

FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone | Patch 2.2 Notes (Preliminary) (03/21/2014)

-In order to alleviate server load during the weekly reset for item acquisition and player progress, the reset time for the following items and duties has been changed to Tuesday at 1:00 a.m. (PDT): Soldiery cap; Coil 2; Extreme primal weapon quest; PvP performance.
- Myth cap has been removed; now Soldiery cap (because no one saw that coming).Philosophies are gonebut you do not lose what you have; you can redeem them for mythology at Mor Dhona (!). Philosophy items are obtained from other places (GC will supply some materials; doesn't say where Darklight went).
- Crystal Tower's loot restriction removed, you can get gil from doing it too.
- Requires ilvl 80 for Leviathan and Mog Extreme. They're getting more serious now.
- Colored mounts from extreme primals!
- Tank jobs will get special mounts; DF role bonus will be vastly increased (7 times is what they state).
- Lots more stuff to buy from GCs that are semi-relevant (hi Cordial and Philosophy mats!) -- "Spiritbond Potion" = luls
- "The challenge log contains a list of adventuring objectives across a wide range of categories. Completing any one of these objectives will earn you rewards. Completion status is reset on a weekly basis on Tuesday at 1:00 a.m. (PDT), and it is possible to undertake the challenges repeatedly. Additional rewards can be earned for overall completion of the challenge log." Unlocked at Limsa Upper.
- No more Return trolling if you're in combat.
- "The Master category has been added under Special Recipes." Requires L50 as that crafter and includes "glamour gear" and special crafting. You have to do quests in Mor Dhona to unlock this.
- Retainer ventures is a long thing, go read it yourself.
- ilvl tiers for 2.2 are 90, 100, 110, 115 (weapons only)
- New relic upgrade, but you (of course) have to work for it. Relic will change appearance after a certain point (I presume it'll be 110 at the highest).
- Getting another (third?) retainer apparently involves $2/30 days.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
You can have HALF of the 2.2 patch notes.

It's pretty impressive to realize that's only half of their planned changes and updates. The fuck they got time to make all of this shit?
Cripes, didn't know that. I thought those patch notes were long enough.
tongue.png
But seriously, someone is either working overtime or RedBull/Monster/etc. have an account with them.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Damned if I didn't have Diablo 3 expansion, Landmark closed beta, Bioshock Infinite Burial at Sea 2 DLC, and BF4 Naval Strike DLC all releasing next week, along with Titanfall taking up a good chunk of my time. I would probably resub otherwise. I quit during 2.0, so all the new content would probably be ton of stuff to do. I did really enjoy the game in its time, just ran out of shit to do and didn't care to do coil. I hope they can keep this content generation up.

Noahx

N00b
Its not a lot of "staying power" content. The raid scene is getting bleak and a few extra encounters isn't going to make a huge difference that you can clear content in 4hrs a week. The game did keep me around for longer than most games today but now its probably back to WoW.

Draynar_sl

shitlord
Its not a lot of "staying power" content. The raid scene is getting bleak and a few extra encounters isn't going to make a huge difference that you can clear content in 4hrs a week. The game did keep me around for longer than most games today but now its probably back to WoW.
How much "new" raid content do you expect? We're getting Basically 6 fights that are top tier difficulty... 2 Extreme and 4 new coil turns. Thats a lot to learn considering only one of them has anything for us to work on as far as how to kill (good king moogle mog) other fights are 100% new and will require learning.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Last patch content was same or below ilevel rewards. Since they're upping the ante I expect the new fights to be a lot harder and take longer to learn. Ultimately it will be the same farm status but now you have it ontop of turns 1-4 which I think people will continue doing, in addition to the other primal extremes

Stave

Potato del Grande
Well, I haven't done any of the extreme primals,the moogle primal, any coil turns, crystal tower, or any of the random dungeons and stuff. When I quit, Ampador Keep chain runs were all that was going on, oh and the occasional behemoth and odin fates. I like the crystal tower loot limit removal thing though, as I am pretty much a pug raider because I never know when I'll be able to raid, so raid finders unfortunately are usually the only way I get to raid, and it seemed like a lot of people complained about that item limit thing.

So have they added in personal housing yet? Or just guild housing?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would imagine with a gear reset and new iLVL were going to get another DPS check ala turn 4 as well. For all we know Leviathan EX might have one as well like Titan / Ifrit, after all Leviathan is going to drop iLvl 100 weapons.

4 hours a week to clear content? Should be taking you ~45mins max to clear everything in the game, which imo is perfect for raiding nowadays.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
I would imagine with a gear reset and new iLVL were going to get another DPS check ala turn 4 as well. For all we know Leviathan EX might have one as well like Titan / Ifrit, after all Leviathan is going to drop iLvl 100 weapons.

4 hours a week to clear content? Should be taking you ~45mins max to clear everything in the game, which imo is perfect for raiding nowadays.
People clear top tier content in other mmos in 45 minutes? That's the norm?