Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The only change I saw was the addition of a note about how some new items were listed prematurely. I haven't audited the list to see what the difference was.
Oh right, they removed the metallic colored dyes and some of the cash shop minions.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So how awesome is the Ninja?
It's pretty nice. Actually is fairly complex even though there's very little to none positional requirements(every minute you want to hit from the back once and every 20secs from the flank once assuming a WAR isn't doing the slash debuff for you). There's a lot of off the GCD stuff and the ninjutsu themselves are off the GCD. Ninjutsus are a bit weird cause you have to clip the GCD since they don't like chain super fast, but they're pretty strong in comparison to normal skills so that's fine. Class is fast paced, has a lot of ranged options but is probably the squishiest of the 3 melee DPS, other than the OP "dodge next phys attack" which will be great to dodge boss skills.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Just for clarity: Assuming I've done all the "!" quests 1-25 or so, my only option to level a rogue right now would be to grind LEVE & queue for dungeons right? My does that sound exciting. I hope I'm wrong, seriously.

Tonic_sl

shitlord
Just for clarity: Assuming I've done all the "!" quests 1-25 or so, my only option to level a rogue right now would be to grind LEVE & queue for dungeons right? My does that sound exciting. I hope I'm wrong, seriously.
Dungeons and the FATE train sir. Not much has changed.

Grizzlebeard_sl

shitlord
Solo till 15 and run Sastasha >Tam-Tara (16-19) > Copperbell (17-20) > Halatali (20-23) > Thousand Maws (24-27).

If you haven't already completed them there's always Guildhests.

However, yeah, tedious repeated dungeon-bashing and leves it is.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
They would be if people still did hunts. Probably won't happen again until square adds poetics to A ranks. Right now people doing ST and LOA for sold tomes/sands/oils. ST runs are hella quick as well. The roulettes give sold tomes as well.

Saban_sl

shitlord
ST and LoA i can only assume are the crystal tower zones?

edit: how much of a burden will i be queueing as the tank at ilvl 52 in LOA?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Don't think you can queue as 52 anyway. For gearing early on, you're probably better off running dungeons and stuff. Try to unlock all the trials and all the normal dungeons so you can run high lvl roulette and trial roulette, these give decent soldiery every day, and the runs themselves sometimes give good soldiery if someone's new. It's kind of a rough patch to gear up, before the patch you could get full i90 easily but now you struggle quite a bit to get i100 since soldiery drops are lower and the content for them relatively harder, and jumping from no gear to 100 is a huge jump. You can get i90 in the new dungeons but the new dungeons are insanely hard in comparison, you'd probably want 90 before you even do them, especially as a tank, so that's kinda fucked up.

It's kinda stupid tbh, they should have increased soldiery drops.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Don't think you can queue as 52 anyway. For gearing early on, you're probably better off running dungeons and stuff. Try to unlock all the trials and all the normal dungeons so you can run high lvl roulette and trial roulette, these give decent soldiery every day, and the runs themselves sometimes give good soldiery if someone's new. It's kind of a rough patch to gear up, before the patch you could get full i90 easily but now you struggle quite a bit to get i100 since soldiery drops are lower and the content for them relatively harder, and jumping from no gear to 100 is a huge jump. You can get i90 in the new dungeons but the new dungeons are insanely hard in comparison, you'd probably want 90 before you even do them, especially as a tank, so that's kinda fucked up.

It's kinda stupid tbh, they should have increased soldiery drops.
You can do LOA at ilvl 50, but yeah since im playing a tank i don't want to drag the group down, even though theres 6 tanks.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh then you could probably do it, tbh it doesn't matter you need like 2 tanks for the entire thing, other tanks are just there to distract adds or what not. You want to get it out of the way asap as you're not ever going back in there once it's done, just need to unlock ST. For ST, you'll need to minimum level for it which is 70, then it doesn't matter just don't MT the bosses. For 70 a fast way would be to look into crafted stuff maybe, it shouldn't be too expensive to grab some i70 or i90 crafted armor depending(especially darksteel stuff is 1pc for 2slots, can get both for like 50k if there's some leftovers on the market, that's 4slots in i70 for only 100k), and inflate your ilvl like that. Get a relic and upgrade to zenith too, this helps for just in general tanking. ST is what you want to run for gearing up, since you can get i100 drops, sands/oils you'll need for soldiery gear upgrades and it's 50soldiery per run which is not as efficient but is still good.

Saban_sl

shitlord
You can run LOA as many times as you want per week and get loot multiple times? thats what it sounds like this wiki is saying.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You can run LOA as many times as you want per week and get loot multiple times? thats what it sounds like this wiki is saying.
Yeah both LoA and ST(since 2.4 patch). Especially now with the removal of ST lock out, LoA is completely worthless other than glamour(that monk armor looks so good).

Saban_sl

shitlord
Finished my relic a year...on time. Almost ready to start Atma part. Do i need to be playing the class im working on the atma for to get them to drop or can i switch to other classes to level?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Finished my relic a year...on time. Almost ready to start Atma part. Do i need to be playing the class im working on the atma for to get them to drop or can i switch to other classes to level?
You can be any class BUT you need a Zenith weapon equipped, meaning you can't get atmas while lvling, which sucks. On the other hand they massively increased atma drop rates and people are reporting getting all 12 atmas within a single (long) day, which would have been a joke prepatch when it took like 3-4hours per atma on average. The relic past zenith is a huge pain in the dick though and unless you really want to grind a lot of shit I wouldn't bother. You can get an i110 weapon kinda easier by running ST for Unidentified Allagan Tomestone and getting 1300 soldiery then a Sands of Time(from ST also) to convert the i100 to i110.

Not that getting UAT in ST is easy nowadays due to everyone rolling on everything, but beats Animus and Novus steps by a fuckton. Especially Novus being expensive as all fuck and both being a huge soldiery grind, 4500 for animus books plus doing the actual books, 30000 for novus though you get one alexandrite a day from the daily so that's 400 less per, and you could in theory buy alex from hunts seals if you can find groups still doing them.

Saban_sl

shitlord
I'll do Atma for now and then work on anything past that when i'm really bored then. Trying to get gear to drop for me in LoTA but it's not going well.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Did you check the AH thing? Not sure if you have any money though, but can probably i70 for like 400k or so and then it's ST queue all day long. Other than that I think you're better off running dungeons than labirynth. Also obviously, spend your soldiery on gear asap.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
One thing about this game is it has the best looking weapons out there. This is just the basic Ninja epic :

rrr_img_80931.jpg
rrr_img_80932.jpg

Think I'll do a few Atmas while everyone is busy leveling Ninja via Fates.