Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Nexus light farming makes me fall asleep at the keyboard.
frown.png
Wish I had more time right now to keep up with things so I can get Zodiac BEFORE the Expansion.
tongue.png

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Some of the things they've integrated on the PS4 are pretty neat. I don't think it'll ever beat having full blown mouse/keyboard, but apparently the game supports that if I wanted to plug those in.

Quite neat, I can use the PSN app, and link to PS4, and then use it as a second screen for keyboard. Type out things on phone rather than in game.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
So isFFXIV-APP | Homethe standard dps meter for FF14? Any downsides to using it i need to know about?
It's not very good. Easy to set up, but it will sometimes misreport numbers, and it does not combine Summoner and pet DPS. The program is also really slow when trying to view previous logs and getting accurate breakdowns is tough because like I said it misreports sometimes.

ACT is much better but also it takes quite a bit more effort to get working properly.

Download ACT
The Up-to-Date FF14 Plugin to Make ACT Work
Miniparse Layouts (if you want to see real-time DPS tracking overlayed on your game)

Also, you probably already know this, but using DPS parsers is an actionable offense due to kids getting butthurt when getting kicked for low numbers. However, the devs have no way to track that you're using a parser so they go on a "don't ask, don't tell" rule.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah as long as you're not pasting parses in pub chat, no one really gives a fuck if you parse.

On monk/ninja, Ninjas were nerfed and Monks are a bit ahead, on personal DPS. Ninjas do increase raid DPS though with Trick Attack, so they're probably fairly even. Dragoon after the buff is close too, so all 3 melee DPS pretty much perform equally, though both Ninjas and Monks have a lot more useful utility than Dragoons. Dragoons get piercing debuff which only increases theirs and bard damage, so pretty garbage, Monks get Crushing debuff which only affects themselves but also get int debuff which reduces magic dmg done and Mantra which massively increases group healing for a little while, great for like, every fight in the game while Ninjas get Trick Attack(10% damage taken increased debuff every minute for 10secs), Goad(TP regen on a single target, generally the monk) and Slashing debuff which buffs the tanks damage so not that useful(however it can be cast by Warriors too leading to Ninjas not having to debuff for themselves).

Also 2.5 was announced for January 20, so a lot earlier than expected. It'll contain the 3 new dungeons, CT3 World of Darkness, new Hildebrand quest, new Odin trial boss fight, crafting and stuff. 2.51 will probably come 3-4weeks later, with the Golden Saucer and DX11 and whatever else.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I don't even know that I would be able to remember how to Archer/Bard again after having not played this for so long. I might try it out again for one month since I heard it has gotten immensely better.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't even know that I would be able to remember how to Archer/Bard again after having not played this for so long. I might try it out again for one month since I heard it has gotten immensely better.
Might want to wait a few weeks since 2.5 will add a lot of "catch up" content shit. Soldiery will probably rain and CT3 will drop welfare i120 gear so will be much easier to gear up then.

Crone

What level can I start doing dungeons? The tips here were right. Leveling as a conjurer is boring. Lol

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
On monk/ninja, Ninjas were nerfed and Monks are a bit ahead, on personal DPS. Ninjas do increase raid DPS though with Trick Attack, so they're probably fairly even. Dragoon after the buff is close too, so all 3 melee DPS pretty much perform equally, though both Ninjas and Monks have a lot more useful utility than Dragoons. Dragoons get piercing debuff which only increases theirs and bard damage, so pretty garbage, Monks get Crushing debuff which only affects themselves but also get int debuff which reduces magic dmg done and Mantra which massively increases group healing for a little while, great for like, every fight in the game while Ninjas get Trick Attack(10% damage taken increased debuff every minute for 10secs), Goad(TP regen on a single target, generally the monk) and Slashing debuff which buffs the tanks damage so not that useful(however it can be cast by Warriors too leading to Ninjas not having to debuff for themselves).
DRGs are much better at AoE than MNK and NIN, for what it's worth. Also, NINs can run Mantra.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Its the gimp 5% or whatever increase if my memory serves. Monks get an enhanced version of it.

I agree with the limited group member problem the game faces. They should have stuck with the 6 person group from 11 as the standard, it allows for a bigger selection of jobs in any one setting. The more classes they add, the more classes that will regulated to pass status over the ones that parse out better. The limit was fine for the amount of jobs at launch, but with ninja, dark knight, card wizard, and gunner in the fray I feel the amount of slots available is going to heavily bite them in the ass. Who knows, maybe they will expand the group slots to 6 at some point. But then again, consoles limiting them might actually be the reason.

Crone

Damn, the fun factor went up 10 fold as soon as I hit 15 and have been doing the guildleve groups through the duty finder. Friend is a tank, I'm healer, so instant queues. Just really fun healing. I'm glad I chose healer.

And the other leve's, that have you kill stuff, is amazing experience. I'm level 16 conjurer on Gilgamesh, if anyone wants to join in on the fun. Add me on PSN: BigCrone, or in game: Natalia Tear

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Damn, the fun factor went up 10 fold as soon as I hit 15 and have been doing the guildleve groups through the duty finder. Friend is a tank, I'm healer, so instant queues. Just really fun healing. I'm glad I chose healer.

And the other leve's, that have you kill stuff, is amazing experience. I'm level 16 conjurer on Gilgamesh, if anyone wants to join in on the fun. Add me on PSN: BigCrone, or in game: Natalia Tear
Binding Coil of Bahamut and beyond were very interesting healing experiences, so you have that to look forward to, especially learning Turn 2.4 / 9 and beyond. It was a very different, more intense experience healing Coil for the first time, when I started Turn 1 and beyond before 2.2 came out.

Crone

Binding Coil of Bahamut and beyond were very interesting healing experiences, so you have that to look forward to, especially learning Turn 2.4 / 9 and beyond.
No idea what that is, so I guess I have a lot to look forward! These single room little dungeons are fun, I can't wait for real dungeons. haha!

There are a lot of good things they've done as well with targeting. I really like how when selecting a party member, and casting a heal, it goes back to previous enemy targeted, so I could keep blasting. Then sometimes, and it felt like it was when the tank was low on health, it wouldn't go back to enemy target, allowing me to chain some heals! Was awesome.

Crone

So I understand the job system a little bit but coming from all other mmos I'm still trying to grasp the idea. Unless I want to look different there isn't a reason to make alts? Just switch weapons and gear sets and good to go?