Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I finally transferred to Gilgamesh. Add "Krip Tini" to your friends lists/linkshells. I'm leaving my character logged in.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Just resubbed on PS4. Have a ilvl90 PLD but I think I may start a new class to get back into the swing of things. I like how I can lvl a SCH and a SMN together so I am leaning towards doing that. Any input on how they play with a controller (mainly SMN)? Have m/kb but I ended up enjoying playing my PLD with a controller more.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So what's up with the wishy washy dodge mechanics? Mob does an ability, I move out of the square, circle, whatever, and still get hit with the ability? Seems I have to move immediately after it pops up, otherwise I get hit. Let something finish casting, and according to what I see, still move before it goes off, and it's too late? Seems wishy washy!

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Need tot be out of the square/circle/whatever before it disappears. The attack can look like it doesnt hit if you're out, but if you were in during the cast time, you're taking some dmg

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Need tot be out of the square/circle/whatever before it disappears. The attack can look like it doesnt hit if you're out, but if you were in during the cast time, you're taking some dmg
Exactly like this. Don't focus on dodging visuals, focus on dodging telegraphs.

At first it seems silly but it's actually a very nice system, because once the telegraph disappears you can move back into position and not get hit by the attack.

Crone

Exactly like this. Don't focus on dodging visuals, focus on dodging telegraphs.

At first it seems silly but it's actually a very nice system, because once the telegraph disappears you can move back into position and not get hit by the attack.
Maybe it's lag (trademarked), lol.. Swear multiple times I've been completely out of the telegraph and get hit all the time.
frown.png

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Maybe it's lag (trademarked),going".. Swear multiple times I've been completely out of the telegraph and get hit all the time.
frown.png
You need to be out of the telegraph before the cast bar finishes. Many telegraphs don't start disappearing until after the cast bar finishes.

It could be lag, but people who are prone to "lagging" generally don't get to do the harder content... you feel me?

Crone

Wtf doesn't the telegraph coincide with the cast timer?! That's stupid retarded!!

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm thinking about just paying for a World Transfer. Is there a level limit on World Transfers, and can you transfer to the locked down servers without any hoops to jump through?

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Wtf doesn't the telegraph coincide with the cast timer?! That's stupid retarded!!
To be honest, I think it does. I was just trying to say something other than "git gud."

I'm thinking about just paying for a World Transfer. Is there a level limit on World Transfers, and can you transfer to the locked down servers without any hoops to jump through?
I transferred from Siren to Gilgamesh for $18 with no problems. You just gotta make sure that you're not in a FC, you don't have any wedding invitations, your retainers aren't selling anything, and you can only transfer with 1mil gil max. There's some other rules too, but they didn't apply to me at the time so I forgot them.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's 1millions plus 100k on retainers iirc for gold, which means if you have any money you're gonna have to convert it. Check prices but shit like savage might/aim IV, craft/gather IV, mastercraft demimaterias, fieldcraft demi III and such are a great way to transfer money since they sell very fast and the prices are relatively constant between servers.

Note that you can transfer several characters at once too, so you can spread money this way, but obviously you need a sub with the multiple chars. On that note if you only have the minimum sub, after you're done checking prices on the server(assuming you manage to make a char there), make sure to delete it, as it won't let you transfer as long as there's a char(since it'd make 2 chars on the server and you can only have one).

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was mostly worried about transferring a low level character to avoid having to camp the character creation screen every 3 hours. I'm still going to give it another day or two, but WoW had a level 10 minimum, for example. I couldn't find anything like that on the website.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There might be a level but I'm not sure. Maybe something about story progress? Anyway you can check for eligibility before you actually transfer, so just check, you don't have to pay and shit until everything's confirmed and locked in place.

Edit: I think I remember, it's only that you have to finish the very first quest when you make a char, as before that you're in some sort of instanced city rather than the actual city. Once you see people running around, you're in the right place.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Having to do a level 35 dungeon and some guild hests to progress the main scenario past 50 is just baffling.
It was added when they added the low level duty roulette shit, as a way to promote it I guess. It's fucking idiotic though. Mind you, you have to do that shit a lot if you do your relic quest, on 2 different steps too. The story fillers are like, really bad. The story itself I think is pretty decent, after the 2.0 stuff with the empire it kinda went meh but since they started the Shiva arc it became a lot better again, and there's some good stuff inbetween

Btw if you haven't played in a while, do the Hildebrand quest line. Shit's great, not too many fillers, funny cutscenes(though it's japanese humor, so might not please everyone), cool characters and awesome boss fights.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
It was added when they added the low level duty roulette shit, as a way to promote it I guess. It's fucking idiotic though. Mind you, you have to do that shit a lot if you do your relic quest, on 2 different steps too. The story fillers are like, really bad. The story itself I think is pretty decent, after the 2.0 stuff with the empire it kinda went meh but since they started the Shiva arc it became a lot better again, and there's some good stuff inbetween

Btw if you haven't played in a while, do the Hildebrand quest line. Shit's great, not too many fillers, funny cutscenes(though it's japanese humor, so might not please everyone), cool characters and awesome boss fights.
I still want them to make emotes of some of the custom animations they did for the Hildibrand stuff.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Which part is that for? i've done Atmas twice now, not so bad since they changed the drop rate. About to start working on the books for animus soon as i get my last accessory.
Didn't know they changed the drop rate. That shit was the worst idea ever added to a game.