Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Even if you and your wife end up having similar prescriptions, its really really awful for your eyes to look through other people's glasses, and the chance of you actually having the same prescriptions is about the same as winning the powerball, I imagine.

But yeah should get the eyes checked out, especially if you're edging up on 30 or past and words are becoming blurry.

I need to get back into this game. My sub is still active I just haven't had time to play for like over a month. Sigh.
Oh no, don't worry. I'm not wearing them, it was more a test to see if I needed glasses and I confirmed I do. Got an appt Friday. Good thing is work covers glasses 100%

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
General PSA for those currently and/or trying to get on Gilgamesh:

• Holler at me (see sig for who) and I'll drag your arses into the "unofficial" Rerolled LS I'm now de facto ruler of (I deposed Alkorin... sort of). I don't know who can do invites to ISIS at this stage, if you want the FC access.
  • That said, assuming I'm not afk and/or omg-trying-to-get-Omnilex-Nexus-done, I'm willing to help out on them thar Chrysalis/Steps of Faith clears to get ready for 3.0. Dibs on dragonkillers.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
If I'm on (Elrezz Darkraven) I can invite. There's also a few other people with inviting abilities still in ISIS after I went on my promotion spree. Cerpin Taxt, Gori Lla, Dameron Halasborn, Pajac Raginheart, Voldeth Hopebringer, Disgrim Eternalism. Those are the ones recently logged in from looking at the list from rank.

That said, that's also most of the people who actually log in period hah. The wave of expected returning xpac people hasn't kicked in quite yet.

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
  • That said, assuming I'm not afk and/or omg-trying-to-get-Omnilex-Nexus-done, I'm willing to help out on them thar Chrysalis/Steps of Faith clears to get ready for 3.0. Dibs on dragonkillers.
Doing my Zodiac dungeon drop grind now. Getting soooo lucky people in my FC hating me. Second day of working on it, have 10/16 done. Got 8 in 3 hours!

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Doing my Zodiac dungeon drop grind now. Getting soooo lucky people in my FC hating me. Second day of working on it, have 10/16 done. Got 8 in 3 hours!
Throwing down the gauntlet:

What is your current average number of runs for those 8?! (You did X dungeon runs, of those that could drop, to get Y drops.) My first Zodiac was about 3.5 average (52? total runs for all 16), with my highest count going to Halatali HM at 11/12 runs. 4 were 1-run drops, another 4-5 were 2-3 runs.

My current Zodiac (for Omnilex/Last Resort) is hovering around the same. And I still got Aurum Vale in 1 run this time too. =p

sike

Thoughts on whether it's worth progressing the relic past Atma (ilvl 100) stage now? I returned last week, so 1 more week should get me the poetry weapon anyway. Managed to gear up to ilvl 105 through WoD on 3 classes - mainly with a view to try and see the final coils before the expansion hits.

Kantern

Throwing down the gauntlet:

What is your current average number of runs for those 8?! (You did X dungeon runs, of those that could drop, to get Y drops.) My first Zodiac was about 3.5 average (52? total runs for all 16), with my highest count going to Halatali HM at 11/12 runs. 4 were 1-run drops, another 4-5 were 2-3 runs.

My current Zodiac (for Omnilex/Last Resort) is hovering around the same. And I still got Aurum Vale in 1 run this time too. =p
4 of those dungeons were 1 drops. The other few were 2-3 drops.

I dunno, but today is not going well. 20ish runs and only 2 so far. Atleast one was DD.

I was on pace to be grinding soldiery (spring water) over dungeons. Not going that way anymore. :p

Edit: This was with a full premade group. So AK/WP/etc we did not use a tank.

Kantern

Thoughts on whether it's worth progressing the relic past Atma (ilvl 100) stage now? I returned last week, so 1 more week should get me the poetry weapon anyway. Managed to gear up to ilvl 105 through WoD on 3 classes - mainly with a view to try and see the final coils before the expansion hits.
Really depends. I did my entire light stage farming Kirin. Finished Kirin the same day I finished my light. If you can pair it up like that it is not so bad.

Honestly, prob not worth it. I am doing it for the looks / achievements more than anything at this point. I am assuming it is just going to be useless pretty fast.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Honestly, unless you are at least past the Animus books part, I'd just get the ironworks 2hander and upgrade it with the weekly. It is a -ton- of grinding to get the books and alexandrite out of the way, before you even get to the lights.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Finishing those 9 books was my most hated part of the process. The Alex and the Light was alot more tolerable because at least you could choose what you wanted to do. I even find the zodiac dungeon runs are better than those books were, though maybe because at this point you know you are nearing the finish line.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Fate parts of those books was by far the most painful. Oh and always having to run back to the mines for 10 of a mob that spawns in three places. Absolutely ridiculous.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
How many of you fools are in the rerolled company?

I'm in Ohana, and really no time to play, I love that guild btw, but if you guys are starting again I might try to get on and at least be in the rerolled company to be able to help out on crafting shit (I dont think I'm too far behind for whats current these days)

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
How many of you fools are in the rerolled company?

I'm in Ohana, and really no time to play, I love that guild btw, but if you guys are starting again I might try to get on and at least be in the rerolled company to be able to help out on crafting shit (I dont think I'm too far behind for whats current these days)
I'd be surprised if you didn't catch up on crafting -- and I mean 8/8 Lucis
tongue.png
-- in 2 hours. But even if you didn't, 3.0(?) = Free Company airship crafting!

EDIT: (I might be exaggerating the bit about Lucis a little.)

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Going beyond 2* crafting is utterly pointless. I can make 100-200k a week just from making Darksteel Ingots, and even more if I get lucky with MCDs from desynth.

And now that I have max Ixali rep, I can buy and sell Sealants, which are going for 70k a pop. So money is still really easy to come by.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do they allow server transfers yet? I 'd play this game if I could get to Gilgamesh. I'd just want my gear I don need the mondy( hardly had any anyways)

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Going beyond 2* crafting is utterly pointless. I can make 100-200k a week just from making Darksteel Ingots, and even more if I get lucky with MCDs from desynth.

And now that I have max Ixali rep, I can buy and sell Sealants, which are going for 70k a pop. So money is still really easy to come by.
Yeah, I've made a couple of million from the sealants. The market for them on gilg fluctuates a bit, but 70k is pretty average.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, I've made a couple of million from the sealants. The market for them on gilg fluctuates a bit, but 70k is pretty average.
I asked my 4* crafting friend if people would be stupid enough to buy Sealants up until the day before the expansion. His response was, "...yes."

EDIT: THIS JUST HAPPENED LOLOLOLOLOLOL

4da02411cd.jpg