Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You don't get a level per run now, so you will get at most a level after the patch, probably less. The only time you get a level atm is if you have the roulette. A lot of dungeons can be run in under 30mins though, especially if you have semi competent DPS. Challenge log as you said is around 10%, and you only have a few(2 dungeons, 2 guildhests, 2fates and hmm, not sure what else) so that's not even a level and it resets next tuesday so that won't do shit really. 8hours is grossly exagerating. It's not terribly long, but it's still longer than that I'm fairly sure. Probably closer to 18-20hours.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
The notes say they changed quite a bit of the Arcanist and Conjurer/White Mage abilities. Any details here?
I didn't look at Conjurer at all, and I didn't notice any changes with Arcanist abilities, but I was mostly looking at new stuff (and running around using Akh Morn because holy crap it is amazingly satisfying). I think Ruin has a lower mana cost now? Was hard to tell.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah woops, I was talking about the roulette. 3-4 levels worth over two days is pretty significant, and if you manage to run one after the patch before it resets, that makes it even faster. I would expect to see level 50 new classes Saturday evening, unless there's active PLing going on. Fate groups are going to be bloodthirsty as fuck for the next couple of weeks, I imagine.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I bought Final Fantasy XIV to give it a try since some people praise its PvE and the game looks well alive. Two days in and the game seems okay, gameplay and class system are interesting but there's this noticeable lag undermining my gaming experience. Maybe I'm playing on an overcrowded server ? Nope, apparently FFXIV has the same curse than TESO back in the day :EU servers are located in Montreal, Canada.It's just sad to see Square Enix doing the same cheapwhore trick Bethesda did with TESO. I'm definitely not gonna play a MMO with 200ms. I'll check the game if they ever locate EU servers in Europe.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
You don't get a level per run now, so you will get at most a level after the patch, probably less. The only time you get a level atm is if you have the roulette. A lot of dungeons can be run in under 30mins though, especially if you have semi competent DPS. Challenge log as you said is around 10%, and you only have a few(2 dungeons, 2 guildhests, 2fates and hmm, not sure what else) so that's not even a level and it resets next tuesday so that won't do shit really. 8hours is grossly exagerating. It's not terribly long, but it's still longer than that I'm fairly sure. Probably closer to 18-20hours.
If you get 50% of a level per dungeon now and they double the exp from kills then that's about a level per dungeon right?

Right now, leveling the 3 classes I did over the past few weeks, I was easily able to attain an average of a level every 45-60 minutes. It took me 18.5 hours over the course of a Friday and Saturday with almost no rested to go from 30-50 on my BLM. Cut that in almost half and it seems pretty easy.

If the servers stay up Friday I would put money I am level 50 on my DRK on Friday.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Honestly, I find that the fastest dungeon groups generally have a healer that deeps in between heals if they aren't doing titanic zonewide pulls. When I was working my paladin and warrior up, the healer would routinely stand there waiting for me to get hit. So I'd let them know that they can throw stones/dots between heals, as I was fairly geared for the content. And they would occasionally, but they wouldn't stance dance and it wouldn't be consistent at all. Then I get a group with a white mage who knows how to play the class, and we plow through the dungeon much faster. The dps not being bots/incompetent helps quite a bit as well, though.

And you only get the 50% of a level per dungeon if you have the armory bonus, so you'd be getting 75% of a level with the increased bonus, and a full level with rested. Can't stay rested for the full 20 levels though, so Pyros is right about the leveling rate. That said, I expect the servers to be a shit-show for the xpac like every other expansion launch in history, so a lot of people are going to be fighting the queue and log in servers when it comes up, and since I play on Gilg that means 2-8 hour queues whenever I'm not ingame. Sad times ahead.

Malkav

French Madman
So I bought Final Fantasy XIV to give it a try since some people praise its PvE and the game looks well alive. Two days in and the game seems okay, gameplay and class system are interesting but there's this noticeable lag undermining my gaming experience. Maybe I'm playing on an overcrowded server ? Nope, apparently FFXIV has the same curse than TESO back in the day :EU servers are located in Montreal, Canada.It's just sad to see Square Enix doing the same cheapwhore trick Bethesda did with TESO. I'm definitely not gonna play a MMO with 200ms. I'll check the game if they ever locate EU servers in Europe.
They're moving EU servers in Europe this year, they are in the process of buying the stuff and so on.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeesh, i didn't even think about the potential queues on gilgamesh come friday.

Also getting 5 more abilities is kind of gross, Ninja's already have so many god damn buttons (which are also... greatly affected by latency).

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm going to be fighting the queues to get on but if anyone wants to party up for some shit, I'm a i110 dragoon, I could be around i113 or so but I've decided to not spend any more poetics and just wait it out for xpac at this point. Sadly, only have like 500 atm. I spent 360 on tokens for a i120 weapon so far but wont make it in time (unforseen circumstances). Wish there was a way to get those poetics back from the tokens lol.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Yeesh, i didn't even think about the potential queues on gilgamesh come friday.

Also getting 5 more abilities is kind of gross, Ninja's already have so many god damn buttons (which are also... greatly affected by latency).
You'll probably only put three of them on your bar. Smoke Screen and Shadewalker don't seem terribly useful.

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
so - from 44-50 I was getting an average of a level every 45 mins or so doing DD first room farm. Any reason to think this wont be the best place to go from 50-53 or something like that?

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
so - from 44-50 I was getting an average of a level every 45 mins or so doing DD first room farm. Any reason to think this wont be the best place to go from 50-53 or something like that?
EXP from trash mobs in dungeons is being reduced. After the patch, the fastest way to level 1-50 will be FATEs, because the Armory Bonus is being increased to 100% for characters under 50.

The EXP needed to get from 50-51 is going to be massively larger than 49-50, so you'll have to level up in the new zones that grant significantly increased EXP.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I really hate that change, though they apparently drastically raised the boss exp so I guess it evens out. They say the overall exp gain is the same but I guess they are trying to get rid of things like DD farms. Kinda sucks though. They need to not make FATEs so.. needed, and exp room farms were a great alternative.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I really hate that change, though they apparently drastically raised the boss exp so I guess it evens out. They say the overall exp gain is the same but I guess they are trying to get rid of things like DD farms. Kinda sucks though. They need to not make FATEs so.. needed, and exp room farms were a great alternative.
Um

ARMORY BONUS IS BEING INCREASED FROM 50% TO 100%

Knock knock, anyone home? This is going to reduce time it takes to level via FATES pretty significantly. Instead of like 10 FATEs for 1 level post 40, it would take like 6 or 7.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It also means that if you aren't in a dominant fate group, you are going to get dick for xp from stuff. Sub 50 fates are going to be as competitive as they were at release, at a minimum. Glad I'm planning on DK vs. Machinist, as the queue times are going to be a lot more manageable.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
It also means that if you aren't in a dominant fate group, you are going to get dick for xp from stuff. Sub 50 fates are going to be as competitive as they were at release, at a minimum. Glad I'm planning on DK vs. Machinist, as the queue times are going to be a lot more manageable.
Dude.

Just cross-class Physick/Cure and spam it on random people that have aggro. You will get full credit every time.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Credit for the fate (which I don't remember seeing if they upped those. I think they did, though?) but not credit for the kills. The armory bonus only applies to kills. And unless your group does a pretty decent chunk of damage, your xp from that fate is going to be group dps dependent. Tagging means a lot more than you think, and anyone with aggro is going to have initial tag on every mob around them for the most part.

I get what you are saying, but the Fate game is very different when -everyone- is trying to get credit. Release was a vastly different animal than how Fates work today. And I fully expect that same situation to occur when the xpac drops.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
If you get 50% of a level per dungeon now and they double the exp from kills then that's about a level per dungeon right?

Right now, leveling the 3 classes I did over the past few weeks, I was easily able to attain an average of a level every 45-60 minutes. It took me 18.5 hours over the course of a Friday and Saturday with almost no rested to go from 30-50 on my BLM. Cut that in almost half and it seems pretty easy.

If the servers stay up Friday I would put money I am level 50 on my DRK on Friday.
whats your method, fate grind and dungeon que? its kinda lame you cant do anything with your chocobo summoned and hes not needed... but having him as a healer is pretty nice for a dps class, so ive kinda just done the whole switch zones every 5ish lvls and grind fates.

Honestly, I find that the fastest dungeon groups generally have a healer that deeps in between heals if they aren't doing titanic zonewide pulls. When I was working my paladin and warrior up, the healer would routinely stand there waiting for me to get hit. So I'd let them know that they can throw stones/dots between heals, as I was fairly geared for the content. And they would occasionally, but they wouldn't stance dance and it wouldn't be consistent at all. Then I get a group with a white mage who knows how to play the class, and we plow through the dungeon much faster. The dps not being bots/incompetent helps quite a bit as well, though.

And you only get the 50% of a level per dungeon if you have the armory bonus, so you'd be getting 75% of a level with the increased bonus, and a full level with rested. Can't stay rested for the full 20 levels though, so Pyros is right about the leveling rate. That said, I expect the servers to be a shit-show for the xpac like every other expansion launch in history, so a lot of people are going to be fighting the queue and log in servers when it comes up, and since I play on Gilg that means 2-8 hour queues whenever I'm not ingame. Sad times ahead.
as far as i know from the little peaking ive done on the RB forums, there isnt a dungeon crawler bot yet so its 100% incompetent people, and if they are using a combat routine they are 99% efficient, other than moving out of telegraphs(and i think there is an addon for this)

now when you see all those guys running fates, and standing afk after each fate, or running to the aetheryte after each fate they are your botters, its incredibly easy to see ive been grinding a shit ton of fates to get the last few lvls so i have every cross class leveld up for the 3 new classes, and i wonder if i bothered to report if any would have gotten banned, everyone ive suspected ive sent messages to, never got anything back for hours.

Leaf next to your name = new player or something right? its alot of those guys most the time.

Godamn monks/pugilist level incredibly fast, just based on how fast they kill, summoners dps is about the same, but its overtime so it seems like less dps based on TTK, monk just seems to ruin shit.