Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Doesn't seem like there's a big difference between Preliminary and Full patch notes, specifically only thing added was a couple **IMPORTANT RED NOTE** sentences, and the fact that Soldiery mats are on the GCs now... which still were not mentioned as getting a rank boost, nor Chocobo rank maxes. I'm wondering if 3.01 (Alexander release patch) is holding some things hostage, besides Esoterics.

Also, this (if you haven't played between 4/1/15 - 6/7/15):
Commemorate the Launch of Heavensward with the Welcome Back to Eorzea Campaign! | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone
So would that gear cover me while leveling or just get replaced in a few levels?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The intro quests give you ilvl 115 gear, so uh, yeah. It'll cover you into starting the expac and that's about it.

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
Stuck at work here. Do you need more than melded ilvl 55 crafter gear to level crafting effectively? I.e. Do you need to have done any of the master book stuff?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Stuck at work here. Do you need more than melded ilvl 55 crafter gear to level crafting effectively? I.e. Do you need to have done any of the master book stuff?
Not sure what type of gear you need. The new stuff's difficulty is around 3stars, but unlike the 3star stuff, it costs jackshit to make and a NQ still gives xp anyway, so there's that. There's no minimum stats either, and it's not book based, it's just a new category of 51-55 that goes after the normal 46-50 stuff. I think you'd probably be able to get to 52 or whatever then craft the new set at that level to gear up.

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
Cool thanks. Looks like my decision not to try catching up to 4 star might have been the right one.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There is book stuff added, but as far as I could tell it either's AST/DRK/MCH weapons(like primal crafted stuff and allagan weapons and so on, which at this point is entirely glamour) or airship stuff, so not particularily important stuff.

Also as a general tip for everyone, make sure to turn off shout in chat, people are spamming spoilers and for the non spoiler stuff it's just the usual constant stream of same "where's mankrik wife" type of questions.

So far got to 36ish on AST and it's pretty fun. I had one bad run early on, not sure if it's because I didn't bother crafting a HQ weapon or because the tank was bad/badly geared(I only checked the gear quick, looked like lvl 30 HQ, but no jewelry, shouldn't have mattered too much though). After that I got the regen and since then it's been going really well. The card system is pretty cool and otherwise the class mostly plays like a WHM, put regen, use the equivalent of Cure I, go into cleric to drop some dots then refresh regen and so on. Mana efficiency seems kinda poor so far though.

Xalara

Golden Squire
I am very glad I'm on a small server (Jenova). Been working my way through the main quest and am quite happy with it so far. What surprises me is how few issues there have been considering the game didn't have any kind of beta test.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Tricks of the Trade now enables when excellent btw (finally!) lol.

So far so good on expac, the maps are HUUUUGE

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Ugh. Good luck with their support. Sounds like you are going to have to call them. Or, maybe you made a second log in and forgot? I had to do that when the EU/NA fiasco at re-launch was hitting everyone.
Is their support bad
frown.png
? Just submitted a ticket. Asked them if there was a second log in ID for my registered e-mail. I don't think there is, but maybe? All the e-mails I have gotten as confirmation of purchases and subscriptions are tied to the same e-mail so no idea why suddenly (when using e-mail as my ID) it doesn't show up any FF 14 information other than beta access in 2010.

I really don't want to have to buy it and start from scratch again.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Hah was gonna start this when I got home this afternoon but it sounds like queues are a thing. Any reason for me to buy the expansion or should I wait til I hit 50?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
This is because SE has the most confusing account setup I've ever seen
That is certainly a correct statement.

On my account page, it says

"FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn
PC
Registered On: 21/08/2013"

I can click on My codes, and it gives me the registration key that was used for early access.

Try to create a service account with it, and it says already in use. So service accounts does not equal my normal account.

Downloaded launcher, but it won't let me download without having a service account, which I can't create due to key being used for a service account tied to my e-mail and ID, but it no longer exists?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Prepurchased off amazong, supposed to get early access codes today at 2 PM PST or something. For the new classes/actual expansion content do you still have to finish the 2.0 storylines or is there a new questline to move into the new shit?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Prepurchased off amazong, supposed to get early access codes today at 2 PM PST or something. For the new classes/actual expansion content do you still have to finish the 2.0 storylines or is there a new questline to move into the new shit?
You have to finish the entire story to gain access to ishguard(where the new expansions starts).

Xalara

Golden Squire
In terms of getting experience, if you're post 50 just do the main quest. Pre-50 just queue for dungeons, especially if you're a DPS since everyone is trying out Dark Knight and Astrologon. Beyond that, one thing I've noticed is that most of the field monsters are tuned for level 50 players with ilevel 115+ gear. It is why the main story quests give you ilevel 115 gear to get you caught up and why the initial main story quests have easier monsters.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
That is certainly a correct statement.

On my account page, it says

"FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn
PC
Registered On: 21/08/2013"

I can click on My codes, and it gives me the registration key that was used for early access.

Try to create a service account with it, and it says already in use. So service accounts does not equal my normal account.

Downloaded launcher, but it won't let me download without having a service account, which I can't create due to key being used for a service account tied to my e-mail and ID, but it no longer exists?
I was seeing something kind of similar but I did notice a "reactivate or update" existing account option below that, it was pretty hard to see though.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
You have to finish the entire story to gain access to ishguard
Erm, well damn. How much effort or better time investment if I leveled throughout fates and dungeons and never touched a quest after I got the flying license?

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
In queue. Decided to go Marauder but it looks like you need to level most classes up at least somewhat. How long is the starting area before I can group up? I didn't want to play this but now I'm kind of excited hah.

Edit: Also, can anyone explain how the jobs system works exp wise? I assume you eventually run out of quests.