Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Actually it's not terribly complicated (especially compared to what it used to be).

A "service account" is a completely new purchase. For example, if you bought the PC version and PS4 version of FFXIV, you would have two service accounts. If you entered an early access code for your old service acct, you need to just reactivate it, not create a new one. It's no surprise that it's telling you the code was already used.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Actually it's not terribly complicated (especially compared to what it used to be).

A "service account" is a completely new purchase. For example, if you bought the PC version and PS4 version of FFXIV, you would have two service accounts. If you entered an early access code for your old service acct, you need to just reactivate it, not create a new one. It's no surprise that it's telling you the code was already used.
Except I have 1 service account, and have both PC and PS4 version on it?

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
can anyone craft set of machinist gear? pm me gilgamesh

also anyone know of some good FC on gilgamesh that are known for raiding? looking to join a raiding FC now, i checked the FF gilgamesh forums all i saw was DnT, some areius knights? (SP) and pain train, all but DnT seemed to not be organized for raiding just yet.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Except I have 1 service account, and have both PC and PS4 version on it?
I also tried the PS4 version on it last time I reactivated.

However, there is no option for me to reactivate anything now. I don't recall this being an issue at all when I reactivated in January.

When I try to log in through the Loadstone to view my character(s), it says

You could not log in because the service account in question is not registered.
If you would like to log in to the service, please log in to the Square Enix Account Management System and register the service account.
Here are the games I can see registered to my account when logging on to the SE main site.

rrr_img_100529.jpg

Here is mogstation

rrr_img_100530.jpg

There is no update option, and when going to account update under square enix account settings, it only shows things from 2010. It's like all information about my FF 14 (other than beta in 2010) is gone.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Working on mining, and about 2 seconds before I used another survival manual server died. lol. good timing. All in all though it's been pretty stable and lag free, better than I thought.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
So, last time, I joined Gilg, on the US servers.

Looking at their site now, it says

You are now required to accurately register your current region.If this differs from your previous registration, you may be prevented from using any services or products that you had been using on your Square Enix Account up until now.However, if you fail to update this information now, you may be prevented from accessing future services. We apologize for any inconvenience.
After you have registered your country of residence, a list of the services usable in your registered region will be displayed. We thank you and look forward to your continued support.
Soooo, FF game registered to a US service account just gone poof?

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
can anyone craft set of machinist gear? pm me gilgamesh

also anyone know of some good FC on gilgamesh that are known for raiding? looking to join a raiding FC now, i checked the FF gilgamesh forums all i saw was DnT, some areius knights? (SP) and pain train, all but DnT seemed to not be organized for raiding just yet.
Raiding is 8 people so people just recruit for their group not their fc

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Raiding is 8 people so people just recruit for their group not their fc
yeah i know its 8 people so i imagine it being a bunch of cliques within a guild so you probably have the vets aka geared members as raid 1, then everyone else falls somewhere in place it must suck for a new person coming into these big guilds, was kinda looking for a smaller ish FC where i could get into a nice static, instead of being in a big FC where each week i may end up in a different group for a while as a new member.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Just get a group of 8 friends, make a LS together, and there's your party. Unlike a lot of other games, raiding in FF14 isn't really "guild" dependent. "Raid Guild" generally means something different in FF14 than most other MMOs.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Last I checked, Friday was still a work day.
It is, but it is getting close to midnight here in Norway
smile.png
They closed a few hours ago. Hope they can fix it. Fairly sure I am still considered a EU customer, even though I played on a US server.

Guess I will wait until monday and see. Can always buy it again, but willing to wait a few days to save $50 + 100 hours that I had in the character.

DavivMcD

Peasant
So I've been hearing good things about this game, decided to finally give it a try. Even though I already had a Square Enix account it would not accept it in the launcher, so I made another new account...whatever. Tried to get on for 2 straight days only to be rejected because of maintenance. Launcher finally lets me in today and all I get when trying to connect to a data center is this error:

Is the server infrastructure of this game always such a hot fucking mess?

rrr_img_100544.jpg

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Just get a group of 8 friends, make a LS together, and there's your party. Unlike a lot of other games, raiding in FF14 isn't really "guild" dependent. "Raid Guild" generally means something different in FF14 than most other MMOs.
I guess, only been playing for about 2 weeks and that was tunnel visioned straight at completing the story so i havent had alot of interaction with the community if i had been pug raiding or something for a bit to build up a network like i did in WoW but yeah guess ill just wait till 60.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Can't even get in right now. Guess that's what happens to us poor bastards who have to work for a living and couldn't take today off.

I'll try again in a week. I don't have the story quests completed anyway, so I won't see new content for a while.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
So I've been hearing good things about this game, decided to finally give it a try. Even though I already had a Square Enix account it would not accept it in the launcher, so I made another new account...whatever. Tried to get on for 2 straight days only to be rejected because of maintenance. Launcher finally lets me in today and all I get when trying to connect to a data center is this error:

Is the server infrastructure of this game always such a hot fucking mess?

rrr_img_100544.jpg
Reselect your data center and try again. Worked for me both times that came up.