Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Need a crafter at level 50 of the type of weapon you have (carp/gsm/bsm) and they attach it for you.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Both the previous answers are correct, you need to have done the lvl 19 quest to attach materias(it's the same questline that lets you convert your gear into materias when it's spiritbound, it's in Central Thanalan, a bit northeast of Black Brush, Mutamix the goblin gives the questline) and then you need to either be a crafter or find a crafter of the same level and type than the item you're trying to meld(for example for relic, a lvl 50 crafter that can make the weapon, you can tell by the craft required to repair it which is written in the tooltip).

Finding a 50 crafter shouldn't be too hard but could be annoying now that most people left Mor Dhona for the time being. Just ask around in shout, most people will meld for free or ask for a small fee(1-2k, maybe 5k if you're desperate). You will also need Grade 3 Carbonized Matter, can buy those on the broker or ask the crafter as most of them will have some, it's like 200ish per but you might have to buy a stack which is annoying. You can Request Meld as an option when targetting a crafter, so you don't need to give them anything, it's automated, he only has to accept.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Patch notes heavily imply yes, as transmutation is the ONLY current way to get grade V gathering (and crafting?) materia.
Yeah, you can definitely transmute grave five materia into grade five, but what about grade four into grade five? Previously there was a small chance of getting a higher level materia.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just do what others are doing and go to an inn and view a cutscene. Game doesn't boot you mid cutscene. Admittedly, I haven't had issues logging in except right after release at 2am on Friday. If I see 2002, I just reselect the data center and it appears to fix it every time.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Level 60 dungeon queue times are longer than the dungeons themselves. I get a queue every hour / hour and a half as a tank; I can only imagine how painful it must be to queue solo as a DPS.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I imagine a lot of the first group to max would be tanks/healers, since they generally get faster queues for all the new trials/dungeons etc

Needless

Toe Sucker
good thing i'm in no rush to get there lol

dicking around leveling alchemy, their crafting system is actually pretty neat compared to a boring ass system like WoW

Elsebet

Peasant
If anyone on Leviathan is looking for a casual adult Level 8 FC, check us out! Mostly Rerolled folks from the guild on WoW Hyjal. We'll probably do whatever raid content there is 1-2 times per week.

Message any of the following for an invite:

Elsebet Steinen
Agrias Hyral
Tadrien Arunat
Valechec D'insane
Mordryn Khazan

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
So yeah, even with full rest xp, if you aren't grinding dungeons you will run out of quests before 2/3 into 58. You will definitely need to either run the dailies each chance you get (of course~) or run the new xpac dungeons more than once each (probably closer to 2-3x each at a minimum) in order to be able to progress the main story, which gates literally everything else in the game, including side quests.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Really enjoying my machinist so far. Got to 52 over the weekend. Haven't had the chance to try glauss barrel yet, so anxious to give it a go after work today. Overall, really pleased with the expansion, so far.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The story is like A LOT better in the expansion. There's no real completely shitty stuff in the middle like you had in the original, you still sometimes do basic tasks but most of it is fairly epic and it feels a lot longer since it's so condensed instead. Really love what they did with that and the graphical design of all the areas and dungeons, and the music is as expected awesome. Overall I feel it's a really good expansion so far, I haven't reached 60 yet on my AST(soon, probably tomorrow) and apparently there is more or less jackshit to do at cap until they open alexander, but I'm fine with that, I have so many classes to play anyway.

Only major issue I have right now is they shouldn't have had Aether Currents from quests, or only from main story quests. It fucking sucks trying to figure out which sidequest gives them as doing sidequests without flying is a fucking pain. I found a decent googledoc that had the list for the early zones, but it's lacking the later ones and not looking forward to these.Heavensward Aether Currentsif someone needs, obviously potential spoilers in the names of the quests and what not.