Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So, I'm at 50 and at don't have all my MSQ done yet. I should get Heavensward to increase the level cap while going through MSQ?

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I was okay with the Aether currents. I needed those quests to progress anyways. I caught up to the main story every level starting at 55 and every level afterwards. It seems to me, and I could be wrong, that doing the side quests is way more exp per hour then grinding the highest dungeon you can do.

I hit 59 yesterday. I'm taking it slow but the pacing of the expansion seems really cool to me. They really want you to learn the new zones and get involved with them. I'm a little disappointed at the exp from dungeons.

Malkav

French Madman
No issue on Moogle during the whole week-end, could log in easily and so on.

Got to 60 this morning, currently queuing for the last trial of the MSQ.

Damn, the story is good.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Arcaus: the xp tapers off pretty hardcore compared to needed xp as you get closer to 60. Even fully rested the entire time and completing every single sidequest in every new zone, about a million xp shy of 59 (I ran a few dungeons and got it later, though) with quests giving about 40k xp each. That's a minimum of 20ish quests short, and I even ran some dungeons 2-3 times while I was leveling for other people. Completing most dungeons starting with Sohm Al will give you 160k-ish+ xp, and the roulettes were rewarding like 200k for completing before any other bonuses were added in.

I haven't really had any problems on gilg, as it appears with the heavy instancing of some areas they don't really need to gate the server nearly as much.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I have yet to run out of quests and I am 59 with still a bunch of side quests available in Moghome that are 55 that I haven't touched yet. I also got in my roulette's on Friday before the reset so that probably helps a ton as they are worth like a half a level.

Xalara

Golden Squire
I think the expectation is that most people aren't crazy and power levelling so they will be doing the roulette on the side, which over several days of playing, adds up.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
One thing I didn't do was actively participate in most fates. They take forever and were rewarding like 14k xp gold completion in the first areas. Definitely seem more geared for armory bonus than for first run through, except as an inefficient change of pace. Might be worthwhile with a dedicated group doing them, but I spent so much time running to little red circles on the maps and because of the number of people in the zone the mobs had a shitload of hp that it was really bad for me. And yeah, I didn't do the roulettes on Friday before reset, just Friday/Saturday/Sunday afternoons.

Needless

Toe Sucker
So, I'm at 50 and at don't have all my MSQ done yet. I should get Heavensward to increase the level cap while going through MSQ?
I would say yes.. i'm still playing catchup on the MSQ, and i'm already almost 52 lol (i'm like half way done the 50 MSQ content)

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I did the minimum amount of fates to get the challenge bonus. I also did all challenges except the leve one so far. I will prolly bang out the leve's tonight.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Fates scale up depending on how many people completed the last one. So since there were a bunch of people in the beginning zones the fates were ridiculous.

I will agree the story so far has been awesome. Well except the Uldah part.

Needless

Toe Sucker
That reminds me, i missed the entirety of the last couple parts of the MSQ up to the ultimate weapon.. due to having to cancel cutscenes everytime.. I can rewatch them in my room right?

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Funny story about that. I get in to a Praetorium as my daily roulette. I look over and the other tank has like 3k hit points. So I start taking lead and we go through. We get to the first boss fight and I pull right away. One of the healers was watching the cut scene, the other has her Zeta weapon. We kill the boss in like 5 hot seconds. The zeta healer starts calling me rambo and yelling at me to let the newbie watch the cut scenes. We get to the second boss and I pull right away. The zeta healer doesn't heal me because I didn't wait for the newbie. We kill the boss, I heal and tank the fight because, at level 58, that shit barely touches me. I leave. Not sure how they planned on finishing it with a 3k HP tank. Maybe the Dragoon was going to tank it?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
They'll just tell the boss to hold on, the newbie has to watch the cutscenes. Then they'll bore it to death.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Yep. As long as you don't care if I watch them, I don't care if you watch them, and get left behind.