Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You can even check the items you need via the timers window, so you don't have to go there. Then I used that for the 50 levesCrafting as a Service | Final Fantasy XIV ARR Crafting Informationbut it hasn't been updated for 50+ stuff sadly, otherwise it's great to add a bunch of items(use the recipe book feature and do searches for all the items) and see all the mats you need at once. I think FFXIVdb does something similar but I didn't like how it was displayed/done so haven't used it yet.

But yeah definitely do leves, I skipped them for like a week before I bothered and tbh I wished I did them from the start, it only takes like 15mins to make all the items(and then 15mins for the gathering, or like 2 if you don't bother with HQ for these) and gives you stupid amount of xp, at no leve cost. There's the Ixali daillies too but they're nowhere as good, and stop being any good at like 45ish.

Sincerely_sl

shitlord
Just hit 60, what are the things people should be doing gear wise and such getting ready for alexander.

Do hunts or dungeons for the new tomes? what are peoples methods, maybe if anyone has a guide that they could link, that would be cool.

Needless

Toe Sucker
where are you even getting these leves from? i see some thing about missions but thats it? or is that what it is? you make that, and the higher quality it is the more exp you get?

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Just hit 60, what are the things people should be doing gear wise and such getting ready for alexander.

Do hunts or dungeons for the new tomes? what are peoples methods, maybe if anyone has a guide that they could link, that would be cool.
So I personally haven't done it (on account of having to level MNK right now), but from what I've gathered from friends and guildmates, this is sort of what you want to do when you hit 60:

KRIP'S GUIDE TO GETTING READY FOR ALEXANDER NORMIE

1. Complete the levl 60 MSQs and your level 60 job quest. (Duh.)
  2. Unlock "The Fractal Continuum" and "Neverreap" and complete them so you gain access to the daily expert roulette.
  3. Do your daily expert, high level, low level, and trial roulettes each day for a ton of Law tomes.
  4. Use Law tomes to purchase gear in Idyllshire from one of the NPCs next to Rowena. If you want to farm for Law tomes after your roulettes, you have two options: you can farm Aetherochemical Research Facility, which is fast, easy, and grants 60 Law tomes, or you can farm the Fractal Continuum, which is slower and more difficult, but gives dungeon drops in addition to 60 Law tomes.
  5. Complete Bismarck Ex and Ravana Ex, then farm Ravana Ex for an i190 weapon.
  6. At this point, you can upgrade your Law gear from i170 to i180 by using Centurino Seals obtained from hunts.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
where are you even getting these leves from? i see some dude in mor dhona with some maelstrom dude that gives delivery missions? i'm guessing thats not it though
Press Ctrl + U to access your Timers window, then click on "Supply and Provisioning." Bring those items to the office at your GC HQ. There is no quest, you just give those items to the officer at the HQ.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Here'sa guidethat gets into a bit more of the specifics...

Some basic information on obtaining ilvl 160 to 180 gear, law tomestones farming and centurio seals farming.

1) i160 GEAR
---------------------------------------------
These are obtained from level 60 dungeons "Neverreap" and "The Fractal Continuum". Bosses and treasure chests drop tons of ilvl 160 gear. These dungeons require ilvl 145* to enter.

*You can buy ilvl 145 weapons and armor pieces at the Goblin Trader, Idyllshire (7,6), to bump up your ilvl. They're pretty expensive though.. also the Goblin Trader doesn't sell accessories so you might need to farm some in "The Great Grubal Library" dungeon or do leves**.

**Varius Gray (Odin) also mentioned that you can get "free" ilvl 145 accessories.

"When you do leves you sometimes get an item called Amber-encased vilekin. I think I got 5 from an coffer of one of those leves that cost 10 allowance. Next to the levequest NPC in Ishgard there is an NPC called Amber Trader. This NPC trades ilvl NQ 145 accessories per 5 Ambers. NPC Location is at Foundation (10,10)." - Varius Gray (Thanks Varius!)

2) i170 GEAR
These are obtained by trading in law tomestones at Hismena, Idyllshire (5,5).

Law tomestones cost:
570 law - Weapon (for paladin, 400 sword, 170 shield)
285 law - Helm, Gloves, Boots
475 law - Chest, Pants
215 law - Belt, Accessories

3450 law required for full set

3) i180 GEAR
You'll need to be level 60 in order to see the menu to buy these upgrade materials.

Buy "upgrade materials" with Centurio seals at Ardolain, Foundation (13,11); it's in the tavern near Forgotten Knights. Then, bring these materials with your ilvl 170 gear to Seika, Idyllshire (6,7) to upgrade.

Centurio seals cost:
395 centurio - Doman Whetstone (for weapon*)
300 centurio - Doman Urushi (for armor)
150 centurio - Raw Doman (for accessories**)

2645 centurio required for full set upgrading

*For paladins, sword and shield upgrades together; Sword + Shield + Doman Whetstone
**Belt is now considered as accessory; buy Raw Doman instead of Doman Urushi

4) FARMING LAW TOMESTONES
Do your roulettes, hunts and try and do dungeons with new players for first time bonuses.

Roulettes
80 law bonus - Expert (dungeon 80, bonus 80, first time 40 = 200 if you're lucky
tongue.png
)
100 law bonus - High level
100 law bonus - Low level
60 law bonus - Trials

Dungeons
80 law - The Aetherochemical Research Facility (first time bonus +40 law)
80 law - Neverreap (first time bonus +40 law)
80 law - The Fractal Continuum (first time bonus +40 law)

Trials
10 law - The Singularity Reactor (first time bonus +10 law)
15 law - The Limitless Blue (Extreme) (first time bonus +15 law)
??? - Thok ast Thok (Extreme) (first time bonus +???)

Hunts
10 law - 2.0 zones A marks
30 law - 2.0 zones S marks
10 law - 3.0 zones A marks
30 law - 3.0 zones S marks

5) FARMING CENTURIO SEALS
Get into a hunt linkshell, do daily hunts, don't neglect killing old hunts marks. Use hunt websites such ashttp://ffxiv-the-hunt.net/?Masamune

Daily hunt bills
3 centurio/mark - One-star Clan Mark Bills (daily)
4 centurio/mark - Two-star Clan Mark Bills (daily)
15 centurio/mark - Three-star Clan Mark Bills (daily)
100 centurio - Elite Clan Mark Bill (weekly)

Hunts
15 centurio - 2.0 zones A marks
35 centurio - 2.0 zones S marks
40 centurio - 3.0 zones A marks
100 centurio - 3.0 zones S marks

Needless

Toe Sucker
Press Ctrl + U to access your Timers window, then click on "Supply and Provisioning." Bring those items to the office at your GC HQ. There is no quest, you just give those items to the officer at the HQ.
Okay lol makes sense, it says the reward is like 66k though, but its higher if you get a higher quality then?

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Here'sa guidethat gets into a bit more of the specifics...
AFAIK, the amber only comes from Temple Leves, but I could be wrong.

Okay lol makes sense, it says the reward is like 66k though, but its higher if you get a higher quality then?
Yes, you get double the EXP for an HQ item. At level 50 it's not going to be much, but as soon as you hit 51, it's going to spike up.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
66k sounds kinda low. Pretty sure it was closer to 90-100k at 50 but I forgot. You get double xp for HQ and double xp for the stuff with a star next to it(and they stack, so you get 4x xp for star+HQ).

Amber comes from any 50+ leves, but if you get them from a chest in a normal leve, you only get one, so you'd need 5 chests to get the same as one temple leve. That said since temple leves take 10leves, it's still better to do single leves unless you don't have the time for it. I've gotten a couple from lvl 52 leves.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Finished my full 180 set 3 nights ago. Fuck the current state of hunts, it's basically guaranteed that I'll never level up a different armor type. That was some of the most boring grinding that I've ever done.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Finished my full 180 set 3 nights ago. Fuck the current state of hunts, it's basically guaranteed that I'll never level up a different armor type. That was some of the most boring grinding that I've ever done.
Considering that Alexander Normie gear will probably be i180... yeah lol

Needless

Toe Sucker
AFAIK, the amber only comes from Temple Leves, but I could be wrong.

Yes, you get double the EXP for an HQ item. At level 50 it's not going to be much, but as soon as you hit 51, it's going to spike up.
Noice, i had to make a embossed book of electrum, wasn't entirely sure how to maximize my HQ efficieny (without using HQ items) and got the HQ to 20%, which made a HQ version anyway lol

I'll definitely start doing this daily, along with my kobold beast tribe dailies now~

Seems like a lot of people recommend getting a weaver to 15 for careful synthesis?

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Noice, i had to make a embossed book of electrum, wasn't entirely sure how to maximize my HQ efficieny (without using HQ items) and got the HQ to 20%, which made a HQ version anyway lol

I'll definitely start doing this daily, along with my kobold beast tribe dailies now~

Seems like a lot of people recommend getting a weaver to 15 for careful synthesis?
Eh... Careful Synthesis I isn't good IMO. At level 50, WVR gets Careful Synthesis II, which can be a game-changer. (120% progress, 100% success, 0 CP).

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
Ideally you want to get all your craft classes to 15 and go from there. 37 CUL for steady hand 2, and Byrgot's Blessing is fucking amazing but you need 50 CRP to get it.

Needless

Toe Sucker
i'll eventually get the crafting classes up, but maybe i'll just get them to 15 first then choose one to continue... i did 1-50 on alchemy because i had 100 leves saved up, i'll do it again for another hand class once i max out the leves again (this time more efficiently lol)

sounds like weaver is worth leveling though

Speaking of that.. for those that already did 50-51 on an alchemist is there a recommended route to take so i can just do 51-60 off these guild missions?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh... Careful Synthesis I isn't good IMO. At level 50, WVR gets Careful Synthesis II, which can be a game-changer. (120% progress, 100% success, 0 CP).
Careful Synthesis I however takes the RNG out synthesis success formulas though, and is good right up until you get weaver 50 where you never use it again. That 10% fail on basic is annoying as shit, and 22 CP for steady could easily be spent on another touch/higher touch instead. Knowing 100% that you will complete synthesis with 0 CP spent is pretty powerful.

Sincerely_sl

shitlord
So I personally haven't done it (on account of having to level MNK right now), but from what I've gathered from friends and guildmates, this is sort of what you want to do when you hit 60:

KRIP'S GUIDE TO GETTING READY FOR ALEXANDER NORMIE

1. Complete the levl 60 MSQs and your level 60 job quest. (Duh.)
  2. Unlock "The Fractal Continuum" and "Neverreap" and complete them so you gain access to the daily expert roulette.
  3. Do your daily expert, high level, low level, and trial roulettes each day for a ton of Law tomes.
  4. Use Law tomes to purchase gear in Idyllshire from one of the NPCs next to Rowena. If you want to farm for Law tomes after your roulettes, you have two options: you can farm Aetherochemical Research Facility, which is fast, easy, and grants 60 Law tomes, or you can farm the Fractal Continuum, which is slower and more difficult, but gives dungeon drops in addition to 60 Law tomes.
  5. Complete Bismarck Ex and Ravana Ex, then farm Ravana Ex for an i190 weapon.
  6. At this point, you can upgrade your Law gear from i170 to i180 by using Centurino Seals obtained from hunts.
Nice, thats pretty well laid out, is there like a big FF fan site like mmo champion for WoW and such? wanna find other summoners and see what their thoughts on macros were and some other things i need to ask some vet players since im new, to get access to the hunt board in HW, what quest do i have to do is it the hunt?

Also does anyone know of a guide that list all the currents in each zone, i picked up some as i went but i made a main focus to just level.

Ok throwing this in there because im one of those guys that just started and had time for just the MSQ i didnt unlock high duty roulette, so heres the question

so basically what im asking for someone in my circumstance where i need to unlock and do 12 dungeons on the list for high roulette, would i be better off just doing the two lvl 60 dungeons i can and farming law in a dungeon?

Because i mean some of the quest involved in unlocking the dungeons themselves is a few with about 12 to do thats alot, not sure whats more efficient.

In the time it takes me to unlock all those dungeons and have the abilitiy to run it once a day for the extra 100, how many law tomes could i have just grinded and geared myself that way through dungeon runs?

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
to get access to the hunt board in HW, what quest do i have to do is it the hunt?
You have to unlock Hunts through Grand Company first, I think. You need to be a certain rank and then grab the quest from your GC HQ.

so basically what im asking for someone in my circumstance where i need to unlock and do 12 dungeons on the list for high roulette, would i be better off just doing the two lvl 60 dungeons i can and farming law in a dungeon?

Because i mean some of the quest involved in unlocking the dungeons themselves is a few with about 12 to do thats alot, not sure whats more efficient.

In the time it takes me to unlock all those dungeons and have the abilitiy to run it once a day for the extra 100, how many law tomes could i have just grinded and geared myself that way through dungeon runs?
Youmightget bonus Law tomes for running those High Level dungeons for your first time on your level 60 character. I'm not positive. But if you have the time, might as well do them.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If you're 60 and still want Law, then don't bother with the 50 dungeons. Once you get bored or whatever though it's a nice thing to do, plus it's decent xp if you decide to level another class. Just no hurry, it's only 100law, a 60 dungeon is 80law without bonus and 120 with it, so no real point.

Other than reddit and the official forum, there's not that much in terms of discussions for classes and such. That said the official forum tends to eventually have good threads detailing how to play each class. Summoner got a recent reddit post about it:
The 3.0 Summoner: An Extensive Guide - Google Docs