Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Why are you unpleased with NIN? Curious as a fellow 60 NIN.
I'm a bit interested in MNK myself simply because my latency is messing up my mudra spam even with the GPN. It feels like NIN was made for Japanese players who benefit from having the best latency.

Also, as someone who just leveled 2 classes from 40-51 in north than, and now another from 50-55 purely on nthan fates, I feel your pain.
Yeah, what makes you disappointed with ninjas at max level?
I don't think they got the utility they needed to stay relevant for cutting-edge progression. My initial thought while playing one at E3 was that their damage was gonna be too low, but having played one at home now I really don't feel like that is the case; their damage is on-par with MNK. I was hoping they would've gotten a new debuff, but sadly, they didn't, so now it seems like they are harder to fit into a cutting-edge raid comp.

Assuming that we will need an INT debuff in the party (as we have for every other tier of raiding,) that means every raid group will need either a DRK or a MNK. If your raid group runs a DRK, then you can go DRG/NIN and be fine, but my static's PLD refuses to switch to DRK, so we have to put a MNK in the party. Even if it wasn't me, that last melee spot would be open to either DRG or NIN, and considering that BRDs are having a tough time dealing decent DPS without the DRG's piercing debuff (and DRG damage is fantastic right now anyways), there isn't really room for NIN.

Furthermore, if your static doesn't run a WAR, then NIN is even more screwed, because it is extremely difficult to use Aeolian Edge with Armor Crush thrown into the mix if you need to keep up Dancing Edge. So really, for a cutting-edge progression group, a NIN can only fit into a raid comp that has both a DRK and a WAR in it.

Of course, if you're not worried about cutting-edge progression, then none of this matters.

Any thoughts on Dragoons in the new expansion? Leveling one to go with my two tanks.
DRG will probably be the most-desired DPS in HW raiding. Top damage, piercing debuffs for BRDs (and MCHs if you are ever unfortunate enough to have one in your party), and Battle Litany is just icing on the cake.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Working through the MSQ at 50+ now. Kind of sucks all the instances are just level 60s powering through for appearance armor. I wish I'd played before the expansion heh.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Are there any mods for this game, specifically a dps/damage meter?
Google ACT FFXIV, it's an old EQ2 parser, there's a FFXIV plugin for it. Currently broken due to this maintenance's patch but will probably be fixed in a couple of hours.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Does anyone have any idea what ilvl gear is required to get grade five materia? I know back in 2.X ilvl 45-50 gear spiritbonded very fast with a 10% chance to give grade four materia.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I broke down all the crap I got from quests from 51-60 (probably 40 pieces of gear) and didn't get one Grade 5 Materia.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The only way to get grade5 materias atm is to combine grade4 and be lucky. They're not currently in the game from conversion, it was in the patch notes, they'll add them once they add the rest of the crafting shit.

Xalara

Golden Squire
I thought that was crafter materia only that wasn't in the game? I understood that disciples of war got grade five materia. As for combining grade four and getting lucky you are right. I combined 500k worth of grade four and got nothing.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I thought that was crafter materia only that wasn't in the game? I understood that disciples of war got grade five materia. As for combining grade four and getting lucky you are right. I combined 500k worth of grade four and got nothing.
If you could get them there would be a decent amount on the market, but at least on my server there's like 3 of grade 5 materias, which mostly likely came from combining. I mean literally everyone was given several sets of white shit to spiritbind then convert, so even if they were rarer than grade 4 in the old systems, there would still be half a dozen of each(all for stupid prices too).

Needless

Toe Sucker
there any crafting guide sites for 50+ yet? debating if i want to keep saving my leves for alchemy 50-60 or just use them to level something else up from scratch

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
there any crafting guide sites for 50+ yet? debating if i want to keep saving my leves for alchemy 50-60 or just use them to level something else up from scratch
Leves are good and probably the better way to level crafting, along with GC daily(if you're not in a hurry). Once you're 56+ you can do shit for blue scrips or whatever but that's like terrible for leveling I believe I read, and it's mostly still about leves. You can use them to level an old skill from 1 to 50 though, it makes little difference since you'll need everything leveled more or less anyway.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Curious: what exactly is the GC daily and where can it be found? Thanks!
Hmm at your Grand Company. You can turn in one item for a lot of xp and some shitty old GC seals, and if you turn in HQ you get double the xp, then on top of that they have stars next to some of them that give double base xp, so you can get like 500-600k xp just for one item turn in, however it's only once a day(per craft). Roughly gives a level every 3days for every craft if you do it daily, so it's pretty nice.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Hmm at your Grand Company. You can turn in one item for a lot of xp and some shitty old GC seals, and if you turn in HQ you get double the xp, then on top of that they have stars next to some of them that give double base xp, so you can get like 500-600k xp just for one item turn in, however it's only once a day(per craft). Roughly gives a level every 3days for every craft if you do it daily, so it's pretty nice.
Oh neat, i didn't know about this either. I'll check it out!

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Oh neat, i didn't know about this either. I'll check it out!
Yes, they are very much worth doing.

rrr_img_101660.png