Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I've got a key for someone that isn't a total ass hole here.

I'm in way to many betas right now and have no interest in this game.

Pm me and I'll send it. Not for friends but actual members here please.

Stave

Potato del Grande
The interesting thing to notice, is that every job has a main class. Ie -> Paladin from Gladiator. They have already announced that Summoner is from Arcanist, so what about the Scholar?

The information about the Scholar being a job wasLEAKEDearly. Aside from us knowing it's going to be a job at launch, nothing else is known about it, well until later this afternoon when they discuss it at E3. If I were a betting man, I would wager that the main job for Scholar is going to be theMUSKETEER. It only makes sense as every class is tied to a job for it's level 30 counterpart. It would be silly at this point to make 2 jobs stem from the same base class.

Also let's take into the fact that there is already a guild in the game for the Musketeer, along with data-mined Musketeer specific items, icons and NPCs.

Here's to hoping Musketeer gets announced! Otherwise maybe Scholar would branch out from Arcanist?
It just came out today, Scholar branches out from Arcanist (Along with Summoner). Which opens up the ability to branch multiple jobs from a class. This is sweet, because that means that we may have warrior branch into Samurai, and Gladiator branch into Dark Knight, etc. Multiple branches from each class. Should allow them to add new jobs easier and more often.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah in the dev letter thing, they explained that they didn't intend for class to only have one job, that'd be pretty boring, and Arcanist will be the first class to have 2 different jobs. That's to be expected kinda, that lets them add jobs with only a few key iconic skills instead of having to add an entire class and it makes perfect sense for some class to split into multiple things.

Also, scholar is a support class with aoe heals and stuff(thus the fairy), while summoner is your more traditional nuker.

I still feel they'll need to add a "rogue" type class to branch out jobs like Thief or Ninja. Or just thief > ninja. I just don't feel either Thief or Ninja would make very good jobs for current classes, maybe pugilist for ninja but going from unarmed combat into dual wielding daggers/short swords feel a bit weird as a change, so far the jobs seem to use the same weapon type.

Anyway it's all good stuff, can't wait for tomorrow, hope the servers won't burn and crash but meh with that many invites that seems unlikely sadly, the only good point is it launches in the middle of the night in the US and in the morning in europe, so maybe the euro/us servers will be stable enough.

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Also looking for an invite to play with a buddy if anyone has one!! Been playing on his acct =/

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Hey Fazana,

Thanks for the key, but it wouldn't let me register it for a US Account
frown.png

NDA was lifted , not like it matters..but was lifted today.

In regards to Confidentiality and Usage of Copyrighted Materials
Under the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test Agreement, we asked you to keep confidential the features, information, and bugs related to the Beta Test as well as information shared on the Beta Tester Forum. As of June 13, 2013, we grant you permission to disclose information regarding the Beta Test.

For details on media usage, such as screenshots, please refer to FINAL FANTASY? XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test Materials Usage License.

Krueger

Molten Core Raider
Does this game use essentially the same class system that was in FFXI, wherein you have the main class and subclass, and you can switch between them or other classes at will? I haven't followed the game that much due to the horrible original launch, and I can't find anything about that specifically on the official site.