Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Does this game use essentially the same class system that was in FFXI, wherein you have the main class and subclass, and you can switch between them or other classes at will? I haven't followed the game that much due to the horrible original launch, and I can't find anything about that specifically on the official site.
No it doesn't. It uses the same system of one char > all classes, but there's no primary/sub class system. Instead you have a certain amount of slots(it's like one every 5levels iirc) that you can fill with any ability of another class that can be used with the weapon type you have currently. That's most self buff type things(think +dmg, +speed, +def cooldowns etc) as well as some attacks between the physical classes and some spells between the caster classes. But you can use heal and taunt on every class for example. However, one of the downsides of jobs, which are advanced classes, is that you can only pick from the primary and secondary class of that job. For example Bard is the mix of Conjurer and Archer, and as such if you play a Bard, you can only use skills from these 2. Jobs will be nice for specializing but for soloing/leveling it's likely that normal classes will be more efficient since you'll be able to mix in more stuff.

Also classes can be changed in the field by simply swapping to it, there's a system that saves your gear and skills and stuff. Also to note, crafting and gathering are also classes, so to do them you have to swap, which sadly is quite annoying when gathering since that means you first need to swap class to start it. Don't know if that'll change.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now I remember one of the things I disliked about SE. So much hoop jumping to get something done.

They sent me a key, I went to register it(made a new account, since I cant remember the old one when I alpha'd this the first time), went to put in key and it says " The code's region is inapplicable". I look up at the address bar and it does indeed have (JP). But there is no way to change it, and my account has US as my location. And the links through e-mail/register only point to the JP one.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Now I remember one of the things I disliked about SE. So much hoop jumping to get something done.

They sent me a key, I went to register it(made a new account, since I cant remember the old one when I alpha'd this the first time), went to put in key and it says " The code's region is inapplicable". I look up at the address bar and it does indeed have (JP). But there is no way to change it, and my account has US as my location. And the links through e-mail/register only point to the JP one.
Same fucking thing. If you find a work-around, post it.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can login to both EU or the NA login through those links when I say "I already have a account"(with same login info)but the beta code works in neither. Oh well, not surprising.

Stave

Potato del Grande
The only thing I have found on reddit is another user saying

If you are on PC: Make a new SE account that corresponds to the region of your code
If you are on PS3: Do same as above but also make a new PSN account that corresponds to the region of your code
Hope that helps

Sounds like you got a JP code? Maybe something to do with when you signed up for beta?

Where did the email come from? a JP address?

Some people are having this issue with NA/EU keys herehttp://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...key_and_im_na/

Stave

Potato del Grande
Yeah EU and NA are on the same server anyway, in Montreal, if it is open already. If not, then everyone is still using the JP servers (English Version though). For beta it would be exactly the same as having an NA key.

And yeah in P2 I recall some people here on the forums getting EU keys to work playing in NA. They posted it on here. I can't speak for them as I never had to do that, but I'm pretty sure they made an EU account with an EU address and it worked fine. Maybe one of them could chime in.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Looks like I'd gotten a UK key. Downloading now.

Had to open a second account with my alt e-mail and apply the key there.