Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Thank's. There's actually learning parties for content I need here! I'm a fool for not doing this sooner.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah Gilgamesh is a good server. Always stuff going on, always groups willing to do shit, haven't met many dicks on the server either. Only downside has been gold farmer spam, and even that is lessening up lately from what I can tell.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I'm playing on Cactaur atm cause Gilg was full but holy shit the gold spam is horrendous. About every 5 minutes its just a wall of pink chat. BTW does the full retail version of ARR for PC ever go on sale? I only see it for 20 bucks everywhere.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Gold spam is less on Gilg because they can't create new characters on it.

I mean its still there, but its like every 20 minutes instead of constantly.

I haven't seen ARR for less than 20 bucks anywhere that I can think of.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm playing on Cactaur atm cause Gilg was full but holy shit the gold spam is horrendous. About every 5 minutes its just a wall of pink chat. BTW does the full retail version of ARR for PC ever go on sale? I only see it for 20 bucks everywhere.
FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm RebornT (NA) | PC Game Download | Green Man Gaming

Use the following code at checkout for 23% off. Ends August 10th.
SAVE23-WITHGM-GAUG15

It'll be $15.40 about the best deal you can get, or you can use it on Heavensward to save even more, or any other digital game for that matter.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You can get it cheaper on PS3, but yeah PC price doesn't really go down a whole lot. 20$ isn't particularily expensive considering it comes with a free month though, even if you already have an account(that is, as long as you don't have a pc version already registered, obviously, but like if you buy the game for PS4 or for PC after having the other version, you get a free month for both).

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Fuck I looked at housing prices... Yeah I'll never afford one of those.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Fuck I looked at housing prices... Yeah I'll never afford one of those.
You can if you don't spend money on random shit. I have like 10 million gil. I don't buy or sell anything. I vendor pretty much everything I get. There really isn't anything to spend money on in this game except frivolous shit.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
You can easily afford it. I had about 3.5m when I came back. Up to 7.8m right now, and I've havent actively been trying to make money. Retainer ventures are the main income for me atm.

joz123

Potato del Grande
You can get it cheaper on PS3, but yeah PC price doesn't really go down a whole lot. 20$ isn't particularily expensive considering it comes with a free month though, even if you already have an account(that is, as long as you don't have a pc version already registered, obviously, but like if you buy the game for PS4 or for PC after having the other version, you get a free month for both).
I only have a free trial account on PC. Will there still be a free first month for getting the full game for PC?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I only have a free trial account on PC. Will there still be a free first month for getting the full game for PC?
Well yeah obviously, trial is trial, if you buy the box you get a free month like every mmo. What I meant is you can't buy it again after and get another free month(which could make sense if the price of the box went under the price of the sub).

joz123

Potato del Grande
Ahh ok makes sense. May get it again on PS4 sometime when I actually get the system haha but PC is fine.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
For some reason I've been doing this lvl 50 Hildebrand questline for the past hour.

I had to massage Hildebrand like 8 times in a row just now....

edit:

And it only gets sillier from there.

I am actually being slightly entertained by the ridiculousness of this quest line this afternoon.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
It's a better quest line than most class quests and arguably better then most of the main story quests. (Barring major plot events)

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
You can easily afford it. I had about 3.5m when I came back. Up to 7.8m right now, and I've havent actively been trying to make money. Retainer ventures are the main income for me atm.
Yeah, I've not setup any of the retainer ventures yet (not even sure how). I just have Catgirl and Unklerukus holding stuff for me.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I've not setup any of the retainer ventures yet (not even sure how). I just have Catgirl and Unklerukus holding stuff for me.
Once you're 17, and that's basically the lvl you get retainer so you should be 17, you do the quest which is available in every major city("An Ill Conceived Venture" from Troubled Adventurer). Takes like 2mins to do. Then you get ventures, the easiest way is to use GC seals, 1000seals buy you 5 ventures, when you're 50+ you get like 700-900GC seals per green item drops in dungeons so you can easily get an average of 1000seals a dungeon, quite often more, you can also craft green items and turn them in(need to find the cheap ones though, don't know if there's any new ones, but you used to do like those alchemy 50 WHM weapons and shit). Can also buy them with Allied seals from old hunts, get them from leves and get them from treasure hunts(but unreliable).

Then you basically buy some random shit from the vendor to gear your retainer and send them on shit so he levels up. You try to pick items that are kinda valuable to sell to level on, and every 5levels you pick a new item for more xp and upgrade the gear as needed. Pick your main class so you can gear up easier, unless your main is a SCH, then you're fucked.

Best money retainers are by far adventurers atm, though Fishing if you're super lucky can get jackpot minions for several millions. Most of the time you get shit fishes though, but if you're tired of the lottery ventures you can get sharks for more or less the same money.