Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Well I haven't really had a chance to play as much since I transferred so anything I say might be premature. The only thing that really stands out so far is the 30+ grps in PF at any given time that I have been on (as oppose to the 8 at peak on Jenova). I find that alot of the postings are ppl selling stuff or looking for statics though. Way more ppl doing savage than on Jenova as well. Over there it's mostly ravex and fates.

As far as hunts go, I saw way more called out in my Jenova LS. Steaktheory is supposed to be tops so i'm hoping to be proved wrong on this though.

Again, only played a few hours here and there since moving so take it with a grain of salt.

If you wanna know about the market economy then I honestly couldnt tell you. The only thing I ever buy is food and pots and even then I don't pay much attention to the price tag.... i'm a sellers dream like that.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Once you're 17, and that's basically the lvl you get retainer so you should be 17, you do the quest which is available in every major city("An Ill Conceived Venture" from Troubled Adventurer). Takes like 2mins to do. Then you get ventures, the easiest way is to use GC seals, 1000seals buy you 5 ventures, when you're 50+ you get like 700-900GC seals per green item drops in dungeons so you can easily get an average of 1000seals a dungeon, quite often more, you can also craft green items and turn them in(need to find the cheap ones though, don't know if there's any new ones, but you used to do like those alchemy 50 WHM weapons and shit). Can also buy them with Allied seals from old hunts, get them from leves and get them from treasure hunts(but unreliable).

Then you basically buy some random shit from the vendor to gear your retainer and send them on shit so he levels up. You try to pick items that are kinda valuable to sell to level on, and every 5levels you pick a new item for more xp and upgrade the gear as needed. Pick your main class so you can gear up easier, unless your main is a SCH, then you're fucked.

Best money retainers are by far adventurers atm, though Fishing if you're super lucky can get jackpot minions for several millions. Most of the time you get shit fishes though, but if you're tired of the lottery ventures you can get sharks for more or less the same money.
You're a hero, thanks.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Steak theory is really good, but I think the problem is hunts are not as "needed" as they once were, at least right now so the motivation for it is lower.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
For some reason I've been doing this lvl 50 Hildebrand questline for the past hour.

I had to massage Hildebrand like 8 times in a row just now....

edit:

And it only gets sillier from there.

I am actually being slightly entertained by the ridiculousness of this quest line this afternoon.
Best questline in the game easily.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Turns out either I was wrong about the beast clan dailies being a source of good cash, or they nerfed those rewards with the xpac.

Which sucks ass. Because I really don't know what I should do at this point in this game to make gil.

Was thinking about levelling crafting quests but don't have much gil and don't want to spend it, tbh.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
1-49 the beast dailies for crafting are great. Good xp, oaknots eventually for random mats and crap if you need em, and they are super easy once you get a crafter to the upper 40s to abuse them to do the quests then change and hand in with lower ones.

But the moment you hit 50, the xp drops from almost 40k per to 10k, and the gold drops from almost 1k to like... 100 or so. Making a single level 51 item nets you more xp than that, and can be sold for the same/more money straight to a vendor (which you should never do, really) so the quests are good to avoid having to farm up mats or anything 1-49 on all your crafters. It's 50+ that it is basically useless. You still get oaknots by doing the last couple of tiers for Ehcatl, but as to what they sell for these days I have no idea. Probably not good.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm just putzing around in this for the first time since the Rebirthening and I've got a guy on Marlboro as I believe that was where the Rerolled crew started back then. 18 THM, 15 GLD, 15 MRD, following some leveling guides, but I just wanted to know if there are any special things I need to do or items I can get on the way that will help later? Right now I'm leveling through Hunting Logs + Fates, and doing the Story quests as they come, and I know the Chocobo comes at 20 for mount and 30 for fighting. But I've also been playing Path of Exile and that's made me kinda paranoid about low level items being useful later since that's how that game works. Anything to watch out for?

And any recommendations about the fastest class would be nice too. I'm most interested in Tanking (thinking of Warrior specifically), but zipping up to 50+ and having a fat pad of money to help level other characters is ok too. I keep my weapon up to date but it seems I level fast enough and the stats on Armor are so low that it isn't really worth keeping them up to date, outside of what I get from questing.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Play as a tank, queue for dungeons. You'll get solid exp forever and gil comes in whenever you do the roulette and tank is needed. Also consider just moving over to Gilg, marlboro was where the people that had no patience to get onto gilg went, and the majority of them quit soon or moved over to gilg. You seriously can get those levels in a night, and you'll have a few guilds friendly here that will invite you and get you the buffs.

As for making money. I honestly cant really help you on specifics. Hodj. As you'd become competition. But its in no way a bad idea to do the ixals beastman quests from 1-49 as a crafter(s). You're just not going to become a multi millionaire overnight doing just that.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Just started playing recently and got to the point with grand companies. Does it matter which one I join at all or is it just a style thing and location thing?

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
You can always swap if you want later on, and there are rewards for doing all the stuff in each one.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Just started playing recently and got to the point with grand companies. Does it matter which one I join at all or is it just a style thing and location thing?
Cosmetics/location pretty much and yeah you're not locked into them, you can change eventually. Just pick whatever you like.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
just downed a1 savage in a pug, everyones first kill too. That fights pretty intense as a healer. Does gilgamesh havea lot of people raiding during the daytime? I am not having any luck finding a static on my hours over on adamantoise. If anyone here knows a good group of people that raid during the day over there (finish before 8-9 pm est) and are looking for a healer i'd cough up the 18bucks to try itout

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Apparently it's impossible to find a DRG that does both good DPS and actually shows up to raid. Still looking for one if any of you know anyone. Raid time is W/Th 8pm-11pm PDT. Currently progressing A2S but will take anyone who has at least seen enrage on A1S.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Apparently it's impossible to find a DRG that does both good DPS and actually shows up to raid. Still looking for one if any of you know anyone. Raid time is W/Th 8pm-11pm PDT. Currently progressing A2S but will take anyone who has at least seen enrage on A1S.
All you can have from me is the heart of my cards. And I mean Spear, since you want DRG so badly I'll improvise one with your recast timers!

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
All you can have from me is the heart of my cards. And I mean Spear, since you want DRG so badly I'll improvise one with your recast timers!
rrr_img_106541.jpg