Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone know of a good astro guide? Seems like its gonna be a fun class but I am pretty clueless on how to use cards optimally

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Anyone know of a good astro guide? Seems like its gonna be a fun class but I am pretty clueless on how to use cards optimally
Off the top of my head,

Balance: Spread it and wait for a good RR, then use it.
Bole: Always RR it.
Arrow: You can use it right away or spread it and wait for a good RR.
Spear: RR it, unless healing is super intensive and you're going to be popping all your cooldowns within the next 20 seconds. If that's the case, use it on yourself.
Spire: RR it, unless you're on a TP-intensive fight (like A2/A2S), then apply it to the proper player.
Ewer: Always use it on yourself.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Does spear work on hallowed aura? Will an increased potency spear bring the hallowed reuse time down to use it an extra time in savage fights

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Could you get hallowed twice in a1 for say plasmas that way? Not that anyone uses pally tanks anymore

Xalara

Golden Squire
I ended up selling the Aurum Regis Earrings of Gathering for a tidy profit. Using the money from that I've now done the BSM offhand, crafter belt, and LTW offhand. My plan is to concentrate on gearing up BSM, LTW, GSM, and WVR then do the other later.

Still, the whole system makes me want to cry.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I picked this up for PS3 due to it being 10.00 bucks, looked new but the damn PSN code is invalid so taking it back tomorrow to swap out and try another. Never tried an MMO on a console but I read this one plays well with a controller, since I am starting new what server still has a lower level population so I don't get stuck on the story missions?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I picked this up for PS3 due to it being 10.00 bucks, looked new but the damn PSN code is invalid so taking it back tomorrow to swap out and try another. Never tried an MMO on a console but I read this one plays well with a controller, since I am starting new what server still has a lower level population so I don't get stuck on the story missions?
Every server, kinda. Basically everyone's always leveling new classes since it uses the FF10 system "one char can be everything", so people are always just switching to another class and relvling. Real new players are fairly rare though, at least now that Heavensward has launched a while ago. If you don't want long queues, playing a tank or a healer is a must, though joining a guild you could have people carry you through the few forced story dungeons to progress fairly easily.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
i read somewhere that the astrologian ability 'disable' works even if you use it while the mob is mid-cast on an ability. is that true?

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
i read somewhere that the astrologian ability 'disable' works even if you use it while the mob is mid-cast on an ability. is that true?
As long as it ticks before the ability goes off, yes. We did this a lot with Virus on Gigaflare in T13 while we were still getting used to the timing.

The server doesn't update constantly, it's every couple of seconds. You can see this most evidently when you play BLM. Sometimes, when you Transpose into Umbral Ice, you'll get a tick of mana back instantly, and sometimes, it takes up to two seconds.

Generally speaking, as long as ithitstwo seconds before the cast finishes, you're probably okay.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
my group is hardcore failing on a3s. Is there a trick with the split hand part? around 70 % of the time we get to that part, they either dont move apart or move together in time and shit blows up.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
my group is hardcore failing on a3s. Is there a trick with the split hand part? around 70 % of the time we get to that part, they either dont move apart or move together in time and shit blows up.
The trick is running the ideal raid comp, becoming NEET, and becoming god mode at the game.

Savage is AIDS.

I haven't actually attempted A3S so idk

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Shit, another new copy on PS3 and code doesn't work. Am I to assume the base game has been cracked and all the legit PSN keys are gone?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah lost the urge to play on the couch anyway.
You can get it right now on the PS Store for $11.99 on sale. You won't have to worry about Keys then.

Same price for the PS4 version, and also a sale for the vanilla game + expansion for $31.99. All include a free month.