Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
rrr_img_110215.png

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Now I know for a fact why \o/ Kriptini! got an e-divorce, in addition to the discussion we had a couple months ago about how "she had to do it(be responsible for her own orgasms)all on her own" during the e-wedding night.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Now I know for a fact why \o/ Kriptini! got an e-divorce, in addition to the discussion we had a couple months ago about how "she had to do it(be responsible for her own orgasms)all on her own" during the e-wedding night.
Can't divorce a corpse, bro. I'm a widower. (But I still wear my Eternity Ring when I go to bars because it helps me pick up chicks.)

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I rolled a Popoto race on PS3 because I was worried the larger races would take up to much space on my TV due to zoom distance etc.

True story.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
If I get this for PS4, should I bother getting the expansion if I'm a new player or can I just start off with Realm Reborn for leveling up?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
What happened Krip?

Soy: Yes, you can wait to purchase the xpac, you can't even touch the xpac shit till you beat all the original shit anyway.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
What happened Krip?
They botched the expansion completely. They invalidated the two years' worth of continent without adding nearly anywhere the same near amount. In fact, there's barely more relevant content now than when the game launched. There's a really slow gear treadmill for Alex Savage but Alex Savage is poorly designed, terribly overtuned, and just plainboring.Crafting is a complete mess because it's also a really slow and really obnoxious gear treadmill but unlike battle gear, there is ZERO point to gearing up crafters because crafted gear is trash for battle content now.

Pony farming doesn't exist anymore because ponies can't fly, so what's the point? Chocobo Racing and Triple Triad are as dead as they were when they were implemented because they were implemented terribly (though I admit I still do enjoy collecting the cards). In 2.X, we had three Expert dungeons for weekly tomes per patch, but now, we only have two, and that trend will CONTINUE in 3.1.

3.1 is going to introduce Void Ark which is basically the new LotA/ST/WoD so people will be over that after the second or third time. The only saving grace of 3.1 will be the airship content. We'll finally be able to take our FC out on airships and go explore islands. I just hope they're procedually generated or otherwise interesting each time, or else this game won't really have anything to do for another three-four months.

Cathex_sl

shitlord
Expansion was great fun when it launched; however, after a month or so, the grind become too much to bear. I'm not averse to some level of grinding, but in FFXIV's current iteration, there appears to be very little incentive to persevere. Raiding, IMO, doesn't compare favorably with WoW either. I do adore the music and landscapes of FFXIV, but they alone aren't enough to keep me subbed.

Also, crafting.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Just learned that 3.1 isn't coming until November.

I'm actually pretty angry about this. Might cancel my sub for October, but not sure yet.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Ill be interested in the game for the next story patch, I really enjoyed 3.0's story and will probably keep subbing off and on to play it for quite some time. However the game is shelved for now and has been for a while.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Does Autohotkey still work for this ? Anyone have any basic FFXIV ahk macros they could list to help me out with the syntax - lost all mine.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
They really screwed the pooch on Alex savage. A1s is maybe a touch overturned for the first fight but is mostly ok, a2s is right where it should be. But a3s is way way off. I can understand the final fight of a raid tier being like that, so most groups can atleast farm everything up to it. But if you only release 4 fights per raid tier, then that means 50% of your content is unbeatable to the vast portion of your Userbase. I like challenging fights but unless they add more content it's just stupid that there's nothing else to do other than bang your head against that brick wall for weeks.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
They really screwed the pooch on Alex savage. A1s is maybe a touch overturned for the first fight but is mostly ok, a2s is right where it should be. But a3s is way way off. I can understand the final fight of a raid tier being like that, so most groups can atleast farm everything up to it. But if you only release 4 fights per raid tier, then that means 50% of your content is unbeatable to the vast portion of your Userbase. I like challenging fights but unless they add more content it's just stupid that there's nothing else to do other than bang your head against that brick wall for weeks.
I disagree with A2S being well-tuned, for the sole reason that most groups run it with a SCH and SCHs cheese the absolute shit out of that fight.

I had the unfortunate experience of having to prog it without a SCH due to not being able to recruit a reliable one (showing up on time is just not a skill most players have, apparently), and the fight was a nightmare. So much in fact, that me and three others left the static over it and I consider it my least favorite fight in any MMORPG ever played. SCHs do 400-600 DPS on this fight which makes the enrage so much more achievable than not having a SCH, especially when your WHM and AST flat-out refuse to DPS (my problem, not the fight's) and your PLD refuses to go DRK (again, my problem).

"Oh b-but Krip, PLD is good for A2S!"

This isonlytrue if you have a SCH. PLD takes less damage than DRK/WAR, meaning the SCH gets more time to DPS. But, if you don't have a SCH, it's pointless to run PLD because even though WHM/ASTcanDPS, they don't have unlimited mana like SCHs do and their DPS just doesn't compare whatsoever to a SCH's.

My group would consistently make it to the final wave and then wipe to enrage because we were like a minute or more on DPS. Our strategy basically revolved around feeding me (MNK) as much TP as possible so I could spam Rockbreaker and we couldhopefullymeet the DPS requirement that way. I was doing 1.2k, our SMN was at like 1.2k-1.3k, our MCH was at like 700-800, and our NIN was inside the Gobwalker for most of the fight, but we actually have our AST in the Gobwalker for the first four waves in order to try to squeeze in some more DPS, and itstillwasn't enough.

It's not like this is new information, though. From when the expack launched, everyone knew WAR and SCH were OP, we just didn't realize that clearing Alex Savaged depended on having these OP classes in your comp.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I expected savage fights to need ideal groups, especially early in progression before people had much eso gear. But with A3s the sheer number of unforgiving mechanics is twintania level, which is just too much for a fight that's not even the final fight of the tier

Draynar_sl

shitlord
Not to be rude but check fflogs.com Your dps numbers are VERY low for your dps. A monk should be doing 1.7k without tp being fed to him easily. Is your smn dotting the weakned mob and spreading that snapshot for insane damage? Are you actually making sure correct things are weakened? (and OUR numbers are low compared to what really good groups are pulling) You don't need a SCH you need your dps to learn the fight and their rotations.

FF Logs - Combat Analysis for FF

I disagree with A2S being well-tuned, for the sole reason that most groups run it with a SCH and SCHs cheese the absolute shit out of that fight.

I had the unfortunate experience of having to prog it without a SCH due to not being able to recruit a reliable one (showing up on time is just not a skill most players have, apparently), and the fight was a nightmare. So much in fact, that me and three others left the static over it and I consider it my least favorite fight in any MMORPG ever played. SCHs do 400-600 DPS on this fight which makes the enrage so much more achievable than not having a SCH, especially when your WHM and AST flat-out refuse to DPS (my problem, not the fight's) and your PLD refuses to go DRK (again, my problem).

"Oh b-but Krip, PLD is good for A2S!"

This isonlytrue if you have a SCH. PLD takes less damage than DRK/WAR, meaning the SCH gets more time to DPS. But, if you don't have a SCH, it's pointless to run PLD because even though WHM/ASTcanDPS, they don't have unlimited mana like SCHs do and their DPS just doesn't compare whatsoever to a SCH's.

My group would consistently make it to the final wave and then wipe to enrage because we were like a minute or more on DPS. Our strategy basically revolved around feeding me (MNK) as much TP as possible so I could spam Rockbreaker and we couldhopefullymeet the DPS requirement that way. I was doing 1.2k, our SMN was at like 1.2k-1.3k, our MCH was at like 700-800, and our NIN was inside the Gobwalker for most of the fight, but we actually have our AST in the Gobwalker for the first four waves in order to try to squeeze in some more DPS, and itstillwasn't enough.

It's not like this is new information, though. From when the expack launched, everyone knew WAR and SCH were OP, we just didn't realize that clearing Alex Savaged depended on having these OP classes in your comp.