Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't see the big deal with the relic thing. I just subbed up and am still doing the normal(1.0?) relic for ONE class....I am at the Animus phase. The entire process has been "lolfarm". Did anyone expect anything different? Plus it's not like they can make it hard in the sense of only the l33t can do it or everyone would complain then too. So it's basically just an endless farm.

The stage I'm on now, for those who don't follow FFXIV much, is that I have 9 books. Each book has 3 levequests(small little tasks maybe 5 minutes each), 3 dungeon runs(15-45 minutes each depending), kill 3 of 10ish mobs(easy but you have to run all over to find them so travel time and all that maybe 1-2 hours to do all the mobs), and 3 fates(if they are up only 5ish minutes each, but some you have to spawn or wait for which can be painful)....ohh and you can only work on one book at a time so no farming the tasks for all 9 per zone in some efficient way.

So yea, it sucks....but it's easy and gives me something to do I suppose.

Malkav

French Madman
You say that now, doing the nerfed version of the relic. Shit was like 10 times more horrible before.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I thought that the new relic quest would be akin to the very first one, you know, for the base 2.0 relic, where you got to do a couple of unique fights and had to kill some challenging content.

But after seeing how the 18th Floor handled Scrips and the Diadem, I should've expected a horribly designed and tedious grind.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Is it too much to ask for a Thordan Ex party where the DPS do more damage than the warrior offtank? All of my groups have been one DPS doing 1300, the warrior around 1000, and then everyone else around 850. This is all based off of P1 but the same ordering exists in other phases.

Thinking it might be time for me to transfer to Leviathan.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Leviathan isn't going to have better peeps than Gilgamesh. Also, what part of the fight are you talking about? It's extraordinarily easy for WAR to come close to the top during the opening part of the fight because WAR is all burst and the fight lasts for like a minute before the boss becomes untargetable. Granted 800 is inexcusably low, but DPS isn't really balanced around 1 minute burst.

Xalara

Golden Squire
I realize that Warrior is going to have some advantages with phase one but they still should not be beating other DPS like that, and as I said earlier the rankings don't really change for other parts of the fight.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
You say that now, doing the nerfed version of the relic. Shit was like 10 times more horrible before.
Eh, they didn't change the book part. It's the Lights/Fates crap that was nerfed, which are the stage before and stage after. Dude's actually at the only unchanged part of the relic.

Either way... it's either a side grade or a marginal increase for people who raid. It is designed to be the "lol" purple the casuals get. Why would anyone think it would be different from "grind already ingame shit" as a default?

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Eh, they didn't change the book part. It's the Lights/Fates crap that was nerfed, which are the stage before and stage after. Dude's actually at the only unchanged part of the relic.
They did nerf the books a bit, IIRC you only need three of each mob instead of ten.

Either way... it's either a side grade or a marginal increase for people who raid. It is designed to be the "lol" purple the casuals get. Why would anyone think it would be different from "grind already ingame shit" as a default?
I WANTED TO BELIEVE!

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ah, that's not much of a nerf, but it is a nerf!

Granted, there was a bit more involved in the first steps of the original relic (not sure if you ever did, since you hated on it so hard~) like the Chimera fight, and having to craft a specific "end game" weapon with specific materia in it. This just smacks of "uh... REDO ATMA IN HEAVENSWARD!" as the primary driving point. Still, it is what it is hah.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is it too much to ask for a Thordan Ex party where the DPS do more damage than the warrior offtank? All of my groups have been one DPS doing 1300, the warrior around 1000, and then everyone else around 850. This is all based off of P1 but the same ordering exists in other phases.

Thinking it might be time for me to transfer to Leviathan.
You has DPS meter? Share plz
wink.png
From what I could tell there is no real UI skin system or add-on mechanic, at least over at a FFXIV-UI. Was just a bunch of people offering their layouts.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Even following all their tips and crap for updating my iphone software key, it leaves out that you need to be logged into the website while updating or you can't finish the update process. Goddamnit. WHY DO YOU MAKE THIS SO DIFFICULT SE?!

On the plus side, this is regening my leves and giving me rest xp, so there is a plus side. Except I'm missing dailies. Goddamnit.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Very disheartening. Seems to me that Yoshida is ignoring the feedback he needs to be listening to. Gordias Savage had a larger design problem than it did difficulty problem. Now they're going to make Midas Savage easier than SCoB? That's disgusting.

I wonder what they're going to change about the Diadem, but I won't hold my breath. That thing is a mess and would need a lot of revamping to fix it.

His comments about the Animas weapon just baffle me. "We realize that you want unique content instead of tedious grinding, but we're not going to give it to you." How can this be the same guy who fixed 1.0?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Anima weapon stuff is par for the course, really. Now, the requirement of doing Chimera and the hard modes for the first one were pretty difficult for "solo" players etc when it first was implemented, but it definitely became much easier over time. The zodiac weapons were neat and rare-ish, and on par with current raid content. The Animus is also on par with current raid content (ilvl 210) but they are making it more of a grind vs. a challenge to get it, because of how they went about the first one. The issue being that they could easily require an Expert Mode Rav kill at this point and with current ilvls it wouldn't be difficult for the majority of players. If they are actually earning law and esoterics, they should have much higher ilvl gear than was available when Rav was actually a "hard" fight. Not to mention echo.

I mean I understand their stance, but it seems like they aren't taking the climate that existed when they had "gated" stages vs. doing the Atma-grind crap. It isn't like us casuals are going to stop working on it when it is the absolute definite of incremental increase. Not disheartening but not surprising either.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can't argue with that! Between blue/red scrips and how they have lain out their endgame, it is the absolute definition of "grind" tropes in videogames.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
They made the top end gear when the expansion came out super duper fast to get. Half buddies ground up hunts for a week and did one EX mode ten times and quit for a month. They all went back for the grind. I'm not in to it but it looks like their target audience enjoys it.