Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I would have rather them revamp Diadem already rather than cut it out like they did with the GC seals. Now I expect a nerf to hunts when the tome rollup happens based on how cheap everything went.

The Diadem needs to be Meteored and reintroduced as The Diadem Reborn. It is beyond salvation.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is it possible to get craft/gather Vs from ventures? I've gotten 2x Det V and Fire V from my black mage retainer with the max required ilevel and was wondering if it's worth it to blue scrip gear the gatherers.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Yoshi P interview with Famitsu - confirms next expansion will bring some simplification of skills and rotations and other stuff :

Q. Now let's get into the "We need to ask Yoshida this" questions. The hall of the novice was introduced and tutorial for each of the jobs are there, but there is nothing that helps new players grasp rotations that are useful in combat, so sometimes i see people who use wierd rotations. Can't you provide a system that covers these players who want to polish their skills mate?

Y. Basically it's a game so there is no right answer, so i have a root feeling where i think players should be able to play as they like, so i think being able to do the basic rotation or not isn't a factor people should be blamed for. Also, getting grumpy over that everytime you encounter them is meaningless and in my case, i have a mentality where i try to work hard to cover what that person lacks and clear the content as fast as possible. If that person is using the same job as me, there are times where i give them advice. In japan it might be a little hard to use your words, but since it's a game you play with others, i'd like it to be the take it easy type of atmosphere. However, we understand the rotations to pull out the full potential of the jobs have become substantially higher and the gap in skills between players has rapidly expanded and we think that is a problem. With that said, the difficulty of each job will be hugely changed when the next expansion releases. A lot of the 3.x rotations require instant judgements during combat and i felt that was space for improvement, but we regret the gap became too large.

Q.After the level 60 actions were added, some jobs change quite a bit where it seems like a different job, but is that how much the jobs are going to change when 4.0 hits?
A.We are considering going back to the basics. Jobs from FFXIV at the moment require you to look at all your buffs and manage them and i feel we went too far. As a hardcore gamer stand point, "It's definately more fun when there's more you can do" and the team in charge of the battle system all have this idea in common and we think we accomplished that. But we made the Ceiling high and overdid it, so 4.0 will have less factors to manage and we want to straightly push out the characteristics of each job. The top tier players may think "this has become to easy boss..." , but we would like to closen the gap between hardcore players and casual players a little more. This is just an image so please take this as "Hmm, so it's becoming easier?" (laughs)

Q. So the current level 60 actions themselves are going to get changed and it might not feel the same?
Y. There may be some jobs that see changes at the current level but we'll go into detail as we release the new info on the expansion.

Malakriss

Q. In a previous interview, you said you would expand Diadem after patch 3.4 but any changes to the release schedule on that?

Y. The content the devs are slowly but continuously creating isn't an update to the current Diadem, but instead a different type of exploratory content. This was developed with the feed back we recieved from players after releasing Diadem in mind and it's brand new content. It's totally different to the conventional Diadem but the size of the content has become so large, we are having trouble with the development...There are things like huge bossees too, but i'm sorry to say this.. We couldn't include it in patch 3.4 due to it not making it on time. We were intending to end Diadem's role by releasing this new exploratory mission, but as a result, the development time kept going on and we left Diadem untouched for too long so we'll have a few fixes implemented to the current Diadem when patch 3.4 releases.

Q.By fixes you mean?

Y. For example, the entrance will be split between those who wan't to fight monsters and those who want to gather items and the rewards will be replaced accordingly. We are also going to improve the rewards to a certain level so i'm hoping people try it out after patch 3.4. The totally new exploratory mission wll be released when patch 3.5 hits, so i'd like players to wait by playing the updated Diadem for now.

--- I wonder how that will impact materia prices if Diadem mats are easier to obtain and thus craft/spiritbond. Prices have increased by about 100k for Craft/Control Vs since the weapon announcement on Gilg.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Going to throw down my wager here on what they'll do to Black Mage in 4.0:

BLM
- Enochian's magic damage bonus increased (10%?), but no longer required to use Fire IV and Blizzard IV.
- Fire IV requires Astral Fire only.
- Blizzard IV requires Umbral Ice only. Additional effect (refreshing Enochian's duration) instead reduces the recast timer.

In other words, you can reuse Enochian more frequently instead of have to maintain it. This also makes it less of a pain in the ass when Enochian drops because of mokanix and/or phase changes, because you can still use the heavy-hitter Fire IV and still have to throw out Fire / Firestarter to maintain Fire IV pewpew.

As far as overall BLM changes, I really wish they'd make Thunder its own spell line instead of a dot you throw up and then press III for Thundercloud. Something like this:

Fire = burst DPS
Blizzard = regenerative (mp) DPS
Thunder = sustained DPS

Or vice-versa with Fire, but you're using all three depending on what you need right then. In the case of "sustained DPS", by that I mean something like reducing the MP cost of that element while its buff is active as well as the cast time so you're not beholden to Ley Lines, but Ley Lines' haste buff makes you put out the pain, especially if you have to burst down with the "burst DPS" element. So to use Thunder as the example:

"Thunder Buff" - Reduces the MP of Thunder spells and (at full stack) cast time of Thunder spells.

Thunder I - Basic 170p lightning damage nuke. Lower MP compared to Fire.
Thunder II - 100p AE
Thunder III - Deals 240p lightning damage and grants full "Thunder Buff" stack.
Surge / Burst - Consumes all "Thunder Buff" stacks and deals 150p damage for each.

Last edited:

Malakriss

Control Vs jumped again from 800k to 1.2m on Gilg, Craft Vs up to 750k. Kind of expecting Hand/Land Vs to be tradeable for updated Diadem spoils.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was secretly hoping they'd do Sophia last for the Warring Triad (not sure why, probably has to do with defeating her last in FF6 on SNES), but I really want to see what they cooked up for her appearance, if "Overcast" will be her timed doom/ultimate, and so on.

Gotta say, though, they're REALLY putting a lot into 3.4 in general production value. How many features is that? o_O It's probably equal to 2.1's manifesto of updates.

Definitely can't wait to see what they put in the trailer.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
So as far as which of the new content that will actually keep you busy, we have a new Ex Primal and new 4-boss raid... then 150 more floors of Palace of the Dead-at-the-Keyboard in 3.45.

C'mon Square, you gotta do better...

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
So as far as which of the new content that will actually keep you busy, we have a new Ex Primal and new 4-boss raid... then 150 more floors of Palace of the Dead-at-the-Keyboard in 3.45.

C'mon Square, you gotta do better...
It's posts like this that are why I call you a hypocrite, you ERP fanatic.

Malakriss

Completing T13 of Coil will apparently give special dialogue in the MSQ for 3.4, so may want to finish T5/9/13 at least before Sep 27.

Malakriss

Some important pre-patch questions were asked in my FC chat today, things like will we need to buy Master V tomes for new recipes and will they cost 1080 blue scrips each or worse 480 red scrips? Will there be one or two curve balls requiring specialization like the ALC fibers but this time maybe CUL or ARM specs required? And the mats for them include legendary fishing catches.

Everyone hoping to make a lot of money but sounds like Square can make it really brutal.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
My money is on Master V being a thing for 3.4 -- they did Master I and II for 2.2 and 2.4, so I see no reason why the i250(?) gear requiring a Master V. I'd be surprised if they required red scrips though. Chances are it'll be something like 1.2-1.5k each.

The smart money is on BSM ARM LTW WVR GSM specialty though, unless they throw CRP a bone and make the accessories theirs this time.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Any overview of how shitty this game is to start right now?

I would advise starting when the next patch goes up. More people will be running old content (because the game gives you a lot of reasons to) so dungeon queue times should theoretically be shorter.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Why would more people be running older content btw, is there a new feature for it in 3.4?

I'm probably waiting for 3.5 though, that's the last catch up patch before next expansion, will be easier to gear and clear all 3.4 content(other than savage but I can just watch a video of that, it's not like final coil where I felt I had to play it, and it was worth the few months of having to do static shit). Should be around next year or so. Will get me hyped up for the expansion too probably.