Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not really, which is why I got bored. The new book of wonders thing or whatever can help. Yields decent gear and gives a bunch of random shit to do each week. But no, mainly you just have other classes and the little gimmicky things

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Not really, which is why I got bored. The new book of wonders thing or whatever can help. Yields decent gear and gives a bunch of random shit to do each week. But no, mainly you just have other classes and the little gimmicky things
:smuggly:

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They could make an old bit game called Wonderous Tails if they wanted to

SITEe2A.gif

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So what's the latest and greatest from this?

I stopped playing back in June, right before Heavensward.. and holy shit that was 2015, not 2016. Damn. So it's been a while. I had come back and realized there was a fuck ton of shit to do before the expansion. I started digging into it on my WHM, but didn't get very far before I burned out again.

The 2.5 second GCD doesn't bother me very much, as I feel it lets me be a better player. I'm not as quick as I once was...

Have they added any social features or other casual friendly systems? Grouping, etc.

Would play this on PC, but does anyone hop on the Ps4 to play as well, maybe to do some farming since it's just so chill?

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
PoTD is a great way to level alts try out new classes and get a free i255 weapon, super casual too.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Level boost/jump potions have just been announced. They will boost your level and also allow you to skip Main Story Quests. We don't have all the details yet, but if you've ever wanted to try out FFXIV but have been turned off by the slow-to-start combat and all of the hours upon hours of solo questing you have to do, stay tuned.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
From the post, which for now is only for korea and china, it's 2500yen per potion(about 20dollars).

There's one potion to skip the story clears all the story up to Heavensward, unlock all aetherytes, all dungeons considered cleared and you can watch all the cutscenes at the inn as usual. This will be upgraded to a potion to skip to Stormblood once the expansion release.

The other potion is an actual leveling potion, it levels you to 50 of one specific job with all class quests cleared, levels the sub class to 15 and you're given some basic gear(the lower current tier of tome gear from what I understand, which still saves you like a couple of weeks of grinding). This will be upgraded to a 60 pot once Stormblood hits. Also this potion can't be used for the 3 heavensward classes(but maybe they'll change it once Stormblood releases to get like a 60DRK or whatever).

I assume Stormblood wiil either come with free potions, or will have some free potions in one of the non standard edition(collector or otherwise).

Edit: Actually, reading the post till the end, he says they probably will only add it AFTER Stormblood releases to the west/japan.

Last edited:

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
As long as they keep the crafting excluded...
Sort of bullshit though....makes all the low leveling gear worthless..

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They say that in the regions they have these, only 30% of the people actually buy them. And people will still level their alts manually rather than pay money I think, at least a lot of them will. Meanwhile new players definitely won't buy the overpriced leveling shit to begin with cause they can't afford it. I remember leveling gear being priced for people leveling alts, not for new players.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider

People who want to powerlevel desynth will still buy that stuff. In fact, those are the only people even buying it now.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What, no posting about the new info at Japan Fanfest?

June 20th 2017 is Stormblood release date.
Red Mage confirmed, ranged DPS ala BLM/SMN - should be one other job, probably confirmed at EU Fanfest.
Swimming/Underwater mounts looks like it's gonna be a thing.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Strangely, Zurvan's demo reel was how I had expected them to do Sophia, the whole circle facing the boss who gradually broke out and grew stronger. Hmm.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Album with the slides which have most of the new stuff

New 8man raid is Return to Ivalice.

Also Yoshi was wearing a Spiderman T shirt. In every other Fanfests, his T shirt is a hint for the next job to be announced. Speculation so far is that Spiderman refers to Bluemage. Bit by a spider, becomes Spiderman, like how Blue Mages get the abilities of monsters. Definitely doesn't sound like Samurai, but there's a bunch of theories that it could be, leading one on reddit being that Sam Raimi directed some of the Spiderman movies, and Sam Raimi in phonetics is basically Samurai in japanese, more or less. And Square deleted a tweet that apparently revealed there's only 2 jobs(they reposted the tweet without mentionning that Red mage was one of the 2jobs, instead just saying it's the new job).

Last edited:

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I want to say I saw a tweet from the ffxiv team that said the red spiderman shirt was just supposed to be for the red mage, or it was a vague shout out to some reddit thread which Yoshi read about what shirt he was gonna wear, there wasn't an underlying hint but who knows.

And Return to Ivalice was said to be the new Alliance raid, so that's 24 man right?

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Any tips on getting into this game? Bought it on ps4 for $15, might as well just dick with it for a month or two.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Any tips on getting into this game? Bought it on ps4 for $15, might as well just dick with it for a month or two.

95% of the content is locked behind the main story, so do that before you do any other quests. The main story quests should be enough to get your first character to level 50 alone.. Tanks/Healers have better dungeon queues than damage dealers. The story sucks until you get to the expansion, but if you bear with it it's good. That said, if you want to skip to the expansion they'll probably be adding a potion to skip ahead in a few months.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
95% of the content is locked behind the main story, so do that before you do any other quests. The main story quests should be enough to get your first character to level 50 alone.. Tanks/Healers have better dungeon queues than damage dealers. The story sucks until you get to the expansion, but if you bear with it it's good. That said, if you want to skip to the expansion they'll probably be adding a potion to skip ahead in a few months.
The story pre-expansion isn't that bad either.