Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No Q&A because people on the internet are retards and the new combat overhaul is going to get rid of some special snowflakes ability to act better then everyone else by playing as a Thaumaturge instead of a Black Mage. Had one of these dudes in my Dun Scaith last night. Guy did like 1/4 of the DPS everyone else did and died a whole lot.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I kinda want to start playing this again.. Bought Heavensword, but gave up on it fairly early on in that expansion.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
No Q&A because people on the internet are retards and the new combat overhaul is going to get rid of some special snowflakes ability to act better then everyone else by playing as a Thaumaturge instead of a Black Mage. Had one of these dudes in my Dun Scaith last night. Guy did like 1/4 of the DPS everyone else did and died a whole lot.

Lol, he was probably trying to imitate the ones that actually do manage to out DPS almost the entire alliance. I've seen a few of those.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The entire "class" holdover from 1.0 really needs to just be scrapped in general, but there's way too much story attached to the 1-30 game to just spin more out of whole cloth. Much like the stat allocation that is effectively meaningless for almost every single job; it's not like Rogues/Ninjas -aren't- going to dump their points into the stat the fuels literally -every- ability they have.

Guess we'll see what they've got planned. And, I'm curious how x-class ability squish is going to impact crafters, if it does.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The entire "class" holdover from 1.0 really needs to just be scrapped in general, but there's way too much story attached to the 1-30 game to just spin more out of whole cloth. Much like the stat allocation that is effectively meaningless for almost every single job; it's not like Rogues/Ninjas -aren't- going to dump their points into the stat the fuels literally -every- ability they have.

Guess we'll see what they've got planned. And, I'm curious how x-class ability squish is going to impact crafters, if it does.
Yeah, this is a hold over from a different time of MMO's and they need to just scrap it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The "problem" is they fucked themselves when they made SCH/SMN share Arcanist. Now it's not unfixable but it's probably annoying having to go back and adding class quests for both or whatever. Although splitting them would be great, since it's the one class that loses a bunch of stats from swapping unless you buy those stat resets things(which aren't super expensive but still annoying to do everytime). They could also fix that by removing allocating stats and just adding int/wis to the job values.

Anyway I assume eventually they will.

They should just prevent being able to queue with non job classes for any content past 50 until then, it's an easy fix. There's no reason to queue with those classes in the first place. It's like how you can't queue as a Miner or an Armorsmith to a dungeon.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know how viable it really is to make those changes and how much they want to spend on them. Would it be helpful? Sure. Is it worth hundreds of hours of programming and testing? Probably not.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
The song is alright but that trailer is terrible. Why did they desaturate everything? Why is the slowmo so choppy?

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
The trailer is so so, but the song stirred the hype o meter a bit. Damn them.

EDIT: I think some of the scenes are in greyscale because they are the "Echo" flashbacks, but I wish they would have turned off the damn limb darkening.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Mitsurugi!

Good trailer; really showed off how powerful the Garleans are relative to everyone else. Mofaka's got three swords in his scabbard. Three! Didn't feel like it spoiled too much though.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The salt over the ability delay for people on the East Coast and for the people who are "hardcore raiders and the lack of transfers will kill our raiding scene" is fucking real and amazing. FF stops transfers and character creation on high pop servers all the time. People on the West Coast had ability delay for years. The crying though, hilarious.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hmm might move, not sure we'll see, but they moved the NA servers to california apparently which would be a lot laggier for me than the previous location(being from EU, USW generally pings and plays like shit especially when some routing stuff is going wrong in the US). Guess could move for free and if the servers suck, I'd move to another EU server once they unlock transfers again or something.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Makes sense to halt creation with expansion release with new servers coming out, but jesus the flip flopping coasts rather than picking a central location is really going to turn a lot of people off. This is the type of thing that prevents knowledgeable people from coming back and creates the inevitable segment of people who didn't read up on updates that spam the "WTF is wrong?!?!?" in chat and forums, get told they're now the short end of the stick, and immediately bail while shitposting all the way down.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Makes sense to halt creation with expansion release with new servers coming out, but jesus the flip flopping coasts rather than picking a central location is really going to turn a lot of people off. This is the type of thing that prevents knowledgeable people from coming back and creates the inevitable segment of people who didn't read up on updates that spam the "WTF is wrong?!?!?" in chat and forums, get told they're now the short end of the stick, and immediately bail while shitposting all the way down.

The argument I keep hearing in favor of the west coast servers is that hi-tech data centers offer better performance than centralized data centers... but does Sacramento really have significantly better data centers than Texas?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is there's such a large difference in ping for ppl in the US, especially people near the south of the US? I mean the servers were in canada before right? So like it wasn't really super close unless you lived in the north of the US. I guess the distance is larger from east coast to west coast than say texas to canada(I don't actually know, just kinda looks like it) but shouldn't be such a major difference?