Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Is there any way to temporarily change your race via an item or spell or something? Not digging the human model and am wanting to switch to another but want to preview shit first before buying the fantastia thing.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Gonna resub tonight after work, couple of my buddies are going to be playing. We are on Brynhildr, which I don’t think is the same data center as you guys, unfortunately.

I was farming Susanp and Lakshmi Ex when I quit, and I had beaten O1S. I think I’m around 330 ilvl. MSQ wise I’m hoping I don’t hit an immediate ilvl road-block. Main thing I want to do is progress through the MSQ to see what’s been added and do all the new dungeons and trials. Will I just need to farm roulettes for tombstones to gear up I guess? And when will I get to ilvl road-block?

Thanks!

Cybsled

Is there any way to temporarily change your race via an item or spell or something? Not digging the human model and am wanting to switch to another but want to preview shit first before buying the fantastia thing.

No, just a Fantasia. You could equip your retainer in your gear and use a retainer Fantasia as an experiment, since retainer fant is much cheaper and that lets you play with the same character creation features as a player.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
No, just a Fantasia. You could equip your retainer in your gear and use a retainer Fantasia as an experiment, since retainer fant is much cheaper and that lets you play with the same character creation features as a player.

I need to test the animations as well (I'm super picky about this shit) so unfortunately that won't work. I'll probably just spend some time on a couple low level alts to get a feel and then use the free fantasia that I apparently get for finishing the AAR MSQ.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I did make a couple of chars when I fantasiad to figure out voices and skin tone in real lightning and stuff like that.

Things to note: Check the voice sounds. Make like a PUG or ARC I think those tend to spam noises the most even with low lvl abilities. You don't want to pick a random voice then play a class that yells a lot and get annoyed every fucking time, which is every 3-5seconds. Some classes barely do any noises though like casters and shit.

And you get a free Fantasia at the end of ARR, not sure if that's the one you're talking about. But if you plan on only changing once for minor adjustments and you can live with it until then, then finish the MSQ and get the free one instead.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I did make a couple of chars when I fantasiad to figure out voices and skin tone in real lightning and stuff like that.

Things to note: Check the voice sounds. Make like a PUG or ARC I think those tend to spam noises the most even with low lvl abilities. You don't want to pick a random voice then play a class that yells a lot and get annoyed every fucking time, which is every 3-5seconds. Some classes barely do any noises though like casters and shit.

And you get a free Fantasia at the end of ARR, not sure if that's the one you're talking about. But if you plan on only changing once for minor adjustments and you can live with it until then, then finish the MSQ and get the free one instead.

Yeah, already considering the voices. I feel dirty for saying it but I'm leaning towards a creepy baby person because they have some neat animations, and the voice selection with that is doubly important.

Does the digital collectors upgrade ever go on sale?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, already considering the voices. I feel dirty for saying it but I'm leaning towards a creepy baby person because they have some neat animations, and the voice selection with that is doubly important.

Does the digital collectors upgrade ever go on sale?
Don't think it ever did but not 100% sure. I wouldn't count on it at least.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Better to do now than closer to the xpac. Prices of Fantasia will rise when tons of people want to become bunny people.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Is it just me or the community in FFXIV is waaaay less toxic than WoW? I'm still new to this game and I had to complete a quest called Pool of Tribute. I didn't realize it was a raid boss fight (thought it was a dungeon) so I didn't get a chance to study the fight so I went in blindly. We got the 2nd phase and wiped cause I wasn't aware of the orbs to block his sword attack. So one guy was raging in CAPS and everyone kept telling him to chill out cause it's no big deal. Of course he continued to rage and they removed him from the group and we killed him on the 2nd try. That is the 1st time I ever came across anyone with that much toxicity while playing this game. I'm sure they are people who are like that but it doesn't seem as bad it is in WoW.

Also is there a website that shows all the boss fights in details too?

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
The community in XIV is far and away the best mmo community I’ve ever experienced. I’d say your experience with the guy in Pool of Tribute is the norm, not the exception.

As for trial guides, Misteq (sp?) has YouTube videos for all of the trials. Should be able to just put “Trialname guide” into YouTube and you’ll find exactly what you’re looking for.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
The community in XIV is far and away the best mmo community I’ve ever experienced. I’d say your experience with the guy in Pool of Tribute is the norm, not the exception.

As for trial guides, Misteq (sp?) has YouTube videos for all of the trials. Should be able to just put “Trialname guide” into YouTube and you’ll find exactly what you’re looking for.
Thanks for the info. I found her YouTube channel, it's called MTQCapture. Are raids in FFXIV just has bosses or you have to clear trash in order to get to the bosses like traditional MMOs?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Thanks for the info. I found her YouTube channel, it's called MTQCapture. Are raids in FFXIV just has bosses or you have to clear trash in order to get to the bosses like traditional MMOs?
Raids used to have trash, but they kinda stopped at least for 8man content. 24man raids still have a bit of trash here and there and are actually large places you run around in, but 8man are just series of boss rooms only, it used to be only trials like that(primals and shit like Susanoo) but they made even the normal raid 8man like this with Omega(Alexander still had some moving around and trash on some bosses). Maybe they'll go back to Alexander style raids in next expansion, not sure, I did kinda like having the little 3mins of running around the tunnels and killing stupid shit before the boss, felt more like an actual dungeon than the whole "square platform with a boss" for Omega.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

Depends on the boss some have trash on the way, some have trash that pop during the fight it all depends.

Right now I'm curios who the next Primal is gonna be, Alex and Bahamut were both major one's everyone wanted, I know a lot of people want too see Zodiark but he's like a major story element for XIV , (but would make sense for Shadowbringers, sense he is dark element )

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Depends on the boss some have trash on the way, some have trash that pop during the fight it all depends.

Right now I'm curios who the next Primal is gonna be, Alex and Bahamut were both major one's everyone wanted, I know a lot of people want too see Zodiark but he's like a major story element for XIV , (but would make sense for Shadowbringers, sense he is dark element )

It's a snake guy.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
From what I've seen, there's people in there on my datacenter, it's just shitty to level in regardless and most people seem to be farming light.

My plan is to just do the challenge log until 4.5, which is supposed to have some Pagos nerfs. I'll probably be 26 or 27 or so by then so will only have to farm a little bit in there to move on.

Thanks! Is there a challenge log specifically for Pagos (As in higher exp yield), or is it just the same one that applies for both areas?

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's a snake guy.
They meant the next expansion big raid boss kinda thing. Bahamut > Alexander > Omega. Not too sure what's next going to be, might just be new stuff rather than a callback. Could be Ascian related maybe too.

Thanks! Is there a challenge log specifically for Pagos (As in higher exp yield), or is it just the same one that applies for both areas?
Same log for all of Eureka, it's easier/faster to complete it in Anemos, many grps there doing it at lvl 20 only takes like an hour or so, maybe more if bad weather patterns but goes pretty fast with a full grp.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider

Personally, because of Shadowbringers going into Hydaelyn and Zodiark in more detail, I would want the raid to be the Lunar Subterrane. Exactly how Golbez, Zemus, and the Lunarians would factor in is hard to say, but I know I'd want to do a Binding Coil redux to the tune of the Lunar Subterrane. (Meaning, actual trash with boss at the end in a raid setting. Kill trash, get your page at the end, kill boss get your loot and/or additional page.)

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Zodiark is up there locked away somehow. And will probably be freed after facing Hydaelyn I think it's probably Ultima in the trailer, makes sense though , I can see Golbez and Zeromus being up there, and will probably help(which would be hilarious)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is it not a mog station only thing? Why would the price increase?
Yeah they can't be sold so there's no price increase. I think retainer fantasias can be sold on the market, maybe, but not even sure(you get them from ventures).

• 1Like