Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
No, the combat beast tribe quests are level dependant. 41+ iirc for the lowest. ARR tribes are kinda meh, but HW ones start right away at 50(maybe 51?) and give good xp all the way to 60, where you can do SB ones.

Bummer. The ixal ones are proving to be a great way to level lower level crafting jobs like cul/alc that are annoying to level compared to the other ones. Trying to make use of road to 60 while I still have it

Cybsled

Moogle Tribe and Namazu tribes are a lot less annoying for leveling crafters, once you get to 50 and 60 respectively. Ixial always annoyed me because a) those stupid gloves you had to put on to craft b) the fact it wasn't pure craft...you usually had to swap between combat class and crafter class c) the XP is low per quest because it was designed for you to do a bunch of quests every day.

In HW and SB, they streamlined the crafter tribe quests where you only can do 3 a day (and one-time bonus 3 if you unlocked a new rep tier), but they give much more XP per quest. You'll get like over a 1/3rd of a level from a daily quest run and over half with the one-time bonus tier unlocks.

In SB I leveled my mining, botany, carpentry, and goldsmith all the way to 70 normally...then the beast tribe unlocked and I was able to get everything else to 70 pretty easy.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Lmao so true. Also think the French Fanfest is this weekend. Hopefully they will announce new job. Rumor has it will be a dancer (healer) and gunlance (tank).
Next weekend, february 2nd.

If they follow the usual pattern, they'll announce whatever the Gunblade class is, as well as show some slides on how it works(magitek cartridges, mostly melee but ranged potential or whatever, is a tank etc, just some ideas), show a short 40-50secs video of some of the skills and possibly their LB3. Then they'll discuss some features of the expansion, generally the "big" new feature, in HW it was flying, in SB it was swimming(which turned out to be whatever), not sure what it'll be in ShB. Perhaps Trusts is what they'll use as their main new big feature, or something else. They'll show a couple new zones probably, same short teaser as last time, and probably start discussing either the 24man or 8man theme, as well as a glimpse of the Nu Mou primal. Also Yoshi-P will probably be wearing a T-shirt that is a hint for the next class, but it won't be confirmed until later.

This is more or less what you should expect from this fanfest, not more than that, if they stick to their usual pattern. The 3rd fanfest in japan will have much more meat on its bones, and then live letters inbetween that and the expansion release will show a lot more.

Last edited:

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Honestly, I'm hoping it's called Judge instead of Gunblade, but they both have their own kind of flair for a job name.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Honestly, I'm hoping it's called Judge instead of Gunblade, but they both have their own kind of flair for a job name.
I mean gunblade is the weapon I don't think the class will be called gunblade, that sounds kinda dumb. People were saying it'd be Soldier and it could definitely be something military sounding if the lore is basically "here's some Empire defectors, they're gonna teach you how they train for war over there" kind of thing. Just might as well refer to it as Gunblade until we know the real class name.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I mean gunblade is the weapon I don't think the class will be called gunblade, that sounds kinda dumb. People were saying it'd be Soldier and it could definitely be something military sounding if the lore is basically "here's some Empire defectors, they're gonna teach you how they train for war over there" kind of thing. Just might as well refer to it as Gunblade until we know the real class name.

That makes a lot of sense lore wise having some of the Empire's defectors teach the class.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If they call the job "Judge" i'm gonna cringe. I get it, FFXII was cool, but I don't think from a lore perspective having thousands of "Judges" running around or having an entire NPC group of "Judges" is gonna fly.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
If they call the job "Judge" i'm gonna cringe. I get it, FFXII was cool, but I don't think from a lore perspective having thousands of "Judges" running around or having an entire NPC group of "Judges" is gonna fly.

Fuck that. Just think...

proxy.duckduckgo.com.gif

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The only thing on my mind is:

Squall. Glamour. For. Dayzzzzzzzzzz.

I'll never get why people like VIII. I'll give them credit for trying to innovate a whole bunch of stuff, but it felt like throwing actual shit at a wall and hoping some stuck and looked good.

Cybsled

There has been speculation they are adding another race besides Viera. I wouldn't be surprised if they added Garleans as the other race. They can just make up some lore about why they can be magic users or w/e.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
There has been speculation they are adding another race besides Viera. I wouldn't be surprised if they added Garleans as the other race. They can just make up some lore about why they can be magic users or w/e.
Hell, they could just pull the lore directly from XIII about magitek for why a Garlean race/Hyur-clan could use "magick."

Asmadai Asmadai -- How are Summoner, Scholar, Black Mage, White Mage, Paladin and Samurai any different from how Judge would go in terms of "lots of them running around", especially for Paladin, which was nearly an exclusive club, and White Mage, which is typically restricted to just the Padjal for instruction?