Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Asmadai Asmadai -- How are Summoner, Scholar, Black Mage, White Mage, Paladin and Samurai any different from how Judge would go in terms of "lots of them running around", especially for Paladin, which was nearly an exclusive club, and White Mage, which is typically restricted to just the Padjal for instruction?

Judges were only ever mentioned in FFXII - and the peon version of them didn't even use Gunblades; how many of the Judge Magisters did? I know it wasn't all of them, either. The Garlean Legati we have seen over the years are clearly meant to be the homage to the Judges from FFXII. I don't expect there to be another, especially one where they just take the name and force it to fit as the name of a job, because lol FFXII.

Besides, it's a stretch to even consider Judge as a "job" in itself. It's unique to Ivalice and it's spinoffs, and not close to being something universal enough from the franchise to name a job in FFXIV. This whole call for there to be a Judge job has been going on in this game since Heavensward as far as I can remember, and honest to God i've never understood where it came from.

People have mentioned the possibility of it being called "Soldier" which is really only marginally more universal of a franchise term than Judge, but if they go the uncreative route it's a generic enough term to work. It may have only been an actual job in one or two games, but the term itself has been thrown around for years so it wouldn't be as odd as Judge would. But hell, Yoshi has mentioned before that he does want to eventually create a completely unique to FFXIV job, so maybe this is his chance. We don't exactly have much to go on for any sort of Gunblade wielder.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Speaking of rumoured jobs, what role would dancer be? Healer?
Yeah according to rumors. I was watching a streamer and he was talking about some guy in the industry who seems to be always correct about FFXIV predictions. He stated that Dancer is supposed to be a true healer.

This is for anyone who tanks or may actually knows the answer. At what point in raiding tank swapping is required? Seems like all the primals I've done and even deltascape v1.0 can be single tanked. Does it only apply to savage raiding?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah according to rumors. I was watching a streamer and he was talking about some guy in the industry who seems to be always correct about FFXIV predictions. He stated that Dancer is supposed to be a true healer.

This is for anyone who tanks or may actually knows the answer. At what point in raiding tank swapping is required? Seems like all the primals I've done and even deltascape v1.0 can be single tanked. Does it only apply to savage raiding?
Extremes/savage(and the original coil), generally. They don't do tank swaps in more casual content because people are fucking retarded or something. There's some casual fights that require 2 tanks but they're pretty rare(O12N recently for example). Generally what happens is in normal mode, the tank buster is a big hit you use cooldowns for, and in extreme/savage, it's a bigger hit and it leaves some sort of shit debuff on you so you have to tank swap or you die right after.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What Pyros said. If you notice too, as it's been the trend I think for all of the Omega raids this expansion, if you're just doing Normal (not Savage) the first 3 fights of a wing will tend to be solo-tankable, and the last wing tends to have a tank swap (O4N, O8N, O12N). It almost does seem like they do it so rarely because people are fucking retarded, lol. A lot of people only queue for normal stuff as tank anyway just to make it quick, so having so few tank swaps on non-static raiding encounters is better in the long run.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Only O4N had a tank swap though, and with enough DPS you can ignore it due to the debuff wearing off during transition, even back in 4.0 you could not bother tank swapping for it with decent players, kinda like Susanoo EX. Kefka doesn't have anything that would force a swap on normal and O12N doesn't have a tank swap, just 2 tanks for the 2nd half.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Don't be one of those crap off-tanks that never uses provoke+shirk, even when there are no tank swaps. O4N, and Susano EX tank swaps can also be skipped using cover or hallowed ground abuse.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Don't be one of those crap off-tanks that never uses provoke+shirk, even when there are no tank swaps. O4N, and Susano EX tank swaps can also be skipped using cover or hallowed ground abuse.

It's normal mode. Just stay in tank stance.

The chances that your co-tank will circle-shirk you are next to zero.

Cybsled

At max level?

Soils. In Idlyshire, if you buy the unidentified ore/etc, you can then trade it in at the right-most vendor for various soils (they are used in gardening for things like cross polination and double yield). Check your MB for what is selling best, although usually it's the cross pollination one since that is required to get rare seeds (shroud or thanalin soil, I forget which...tooltip will say)

Usually on servers you can get around 8-10k per soil

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
At max level?

Soils. In Idlyshire, if you buy the unidentified ore/etc, you can then trade it in at the right-most vendor for various soils (they are used in gardening for things like cross polination and double yield). Check your MB for what is selling best, although usually it's the cross pollination one since that is required to get rare seeds (shroud or thanalin soil, I forget which...tooltip will say)

Usually on servers you can get around 8-10k per soil

Sorry, not at max level. Still working through HW MSQ so I haven't gotten to Idylshire yet, and I've pretty much bought all the ironworks 120 gear I need so I'm not sure what to spend to avoid capping out

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Sorry, not at max level. Still working through HW MSQ so I haven't gotten to Idylshire yet, and I've pretty much bought all the ironworks 120 gear I need so I'm not sure what to spend to avoid capping out
Shire gear if you are going to start pushing a character to 70 from 60.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider

You can upgrade your Ironworks gear to 130 with Poetics. It's not tome efficient, but you can do the same with Shire gear (260->270). It's very worthwhile on your weapon, then your left side gear; the gains on right side gear are minimal.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
What's the most efficient/fastest way to level another tank job post 60? My warrior is level 64 and my Drk is 70. I was told either Heavens on High or spamming dungeons along with daily duty roulettes since they give a huge chunk of exp. My only issue with doing duty roulette under level 70 is that I won't be able to get the mendacity or genesis rewards and I can use them to upgrade my gear. Which is better?

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
MSQ roulette will give you a level. Trial roulette will give you half a level. Dungeon roulette will give you about a level. Raid roulette (24-man) will give you two thirds of a level. 50/60 dungeon will give you half a level. All per day.

Or just run tank queues for highest level dungeon for almost as much exp.

Either way it's only a few hours of grinding those last six levels.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
In my experience dungeons are better than HoH as long as you get fast queues (e.g., are a tank or healer or queuing with one). I think they're also slightly higher variance as complete incompetence generally means you wipe, especially doing decently sized pulls in Bardam's etc.

HoH is better for solo leveling DPS, just cuz you don't have to deal with long queues.

Roulettes are great experience (especially leveling, trials), and I'd do those before anything else. At 70 you should be running 'expert roulette' or eureka for genesis/mendacity, it's not worth trying to get it doing high-xp roulettes on a 70.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'd do the roulettes for xp, just use 70 dungeons and expert(once unlocked) for tomes. The other roulettes do give tomes for completion but not for the actual run, so it's not that much. I mean you get like 40 just doing a 70 dungeon without a 1st time bonus(which happens relatively often even just running random shit) so the 100 you get for a roulette isn't really impressive, while the xp is pretty solid. Mind you, with armory, on odd levels you can just do the new dungeon you unlock and get a 3rd of a level. So 65, 67 and 69 are basically 9 dungeon runs total(it's a bit more but not too much), and the roulettes can be used inbetween, so it'll go very fast you're not gonna be "wasting" a lot of seals. You can also do HoH instead if you want, although it's gonna be slower than roulettes.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Their map design certainly took a step up after ARR

ffxiv_01282019_102841_651.jpg

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
What's the most efficient/fastest way to level another tank job post 60? My warrior is level 64 and my Drk is 70. I was told either Heavens on High or spamming dungeons along with daily duty roulettes since they give a huge chunk of exp. My only issue with doing duty roulette under level 70 is that I won't be able to get the mendacity or genesis rewards and I can use them to upgrade my gear. Which is better?

For even levels in order of efficiency: Alliance roulette(remove gear to force a Labyrinth or Sycrus tower run), Leveling roulette, Beast Tribe Quests, Hunting Board, 50/60 roulette, HoH.

For odd levels: Do what Pyros said and grind the highest level dungeon you can do. Chain bonus + rested exp is the fastest most time efficient experience in the game.

The same concept applies for 50-60 as it does 60-70. MSQ roulette and trial roulette can be good if you aren't looking for time efficiency for the experience gained.