Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
If anyone got this game for free using twitch you can use this Recruit a friend code to get a free Emote, Free Xp item some armor/dye/money and some other stuff.

I'm on Gilgamesh right now, I don't play as often right this moment but if you PM me i can help you run through stuff if i'm available.

The codes are one-time uses or something. We ran into the issue when I tried to use Pyros'

Neuad

Trakanon Raider
Ugh, the expansion can't come soon enough. Log on, do beast tribe dailies to level crafting, join a Savage trap party or 2, puttz around outside of FC house while wondering what to do. Game is so boring right now.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Grabbed an xbox elite controller and found this app Remap Xbox One controller with powerful gamepad mapper Benefits FFXIV A LOT. Eliminating simple hotkeys like mount and teleport from my crosshotbar has been liberating.
Haven't really tried this but you can generally do the same thing by just launching the game via Steam and using Steam controller config to create macros or different layouts or whatever. I'm not sure how you're removing stuff though, you still have to press buttons for them, and since they're uncommon buttons, you wouldn't want them on an easy combo, is it just using combos with buttons that can't be rebinded like start/select/sticks? I found if you make a sheathed/unsheathed bar toggle though in the game it's not really an issue, sheathe has all the crap you can't use in combat like mounts and teleport and class changes and unsheath is the normal combat stuff. Seems to work well enough, although I haven't played with a pad too much other than gathering.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Looks like I'll be coming back to the expac

Gonna start ramping up again soon. MAYBE this time I'll get out of ARR

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Neuad

Trakanon Raider
I found if you make a sheathed/unsheathed bar toggle though in the game it's not really an issue, sheathe has all the crap you can't use in combat like mounts and teleport and class changes and unsheath is the normal combat stuff. Seems to work well enough, although I haven't played with a pad too much other than gathering.

I tried to figure out sheathed and unsheathed hotbars one day and gave up in a fit of rage, too big brain for me. Instead I just made a macro on the side of my screen that hides/shows 3 hotbars that have all my class change stuff on them.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Jesus it's 2019 and this game doesn't have a server log out feature for AFKers? Is this part of the reason why people cant transfer to Gilgamesh cause too many people on at one time?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Jesus it's 2019 and this game doesn't have a server log out feature for AFKers? Is this part of the reason why people cant transfer to Gilgamesh cause too many people on at one time?
It has the feature, it's just turned off past the first couple months or so of the expansion. I guess they don't mind people afking. The block is on making new chars. You can always transfer unless the server is locked specifically for that, and that's only because of the actual pop, not whoever's logged ingame. I think only Balmung is blocked nowadays?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I played all day yesterday and I'm sort of readdicted now. I got up to lvl 43 and had a lot of fun just soloing.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
People need to use the linkshell more. It's dead quiet on there.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
People need to use the linkshell more. It's dead quiet on there.
I need to get on that and we need to formalize it all.

I moved over to Adamantoise tonight to join a group that is going to do the raids from now until the new expansion. We are starting in a week or two.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm still in the Rerolled linkshell, but it's usually just me and one other person. If there is a cross-realm one hook me up with an invite please.

Neuad

Trakanon Raider
I moved over to Adamantoise tonight to join a group that is going to do the raids from now until the new expansion. We are starting in a week or two.

I know you were asking questions about BLM a while ago, is that what you're raiding on? This tier was a lot of fun, except 11. I despise 11.