Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
i bought the collections edition after being on the waitlist

but I have an issue with shipping option...

There is only one option and it is priority for 60 dollars....

wtf?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd be on board if they could make a package deal where you forfeited your right to a refund on Shadowbringers as soon as you redeemed either of the other two expansions. No way I'll still be interested in this by July.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Alright, I want to leave the main city and nuke a rat or something. How do I do that? Will it kick me out once I do all these tutorial quests that I don't want to do?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Alright, I want to leave the main city and nuke a rat or something. How do I do that? Will it kick me out once I do all these tutorial quests that I don't want to do?

I don't think any of the main cities have rats. Pretty sure they do all have ladybugs though.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

There's only 1-3 quests that are mandatory before you can stray off the path, depending on what city you start in. They usually end in the Inn and you'll get a popup telling you that it's the end of the tutorial or some such thing. You will need to follow the main series quest (beige looking bar that tracks the quest should be in the right portion of the screen) to progress through the game though.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
There's only 1-3 quests that are mandatory before you can stray off the path, depending on what city you start in. They usually end in the Inn and you'll get a popup telling you that it's the end of the tutorial or some such thing. You will need to follow the main series quest (beige looking bar that tracks the quest should be in the right portion of the screen) to progress through the game though.

Are pants available at the start of the game? My character forgot to wear pants.

• 1Worf

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't think any of the main cities have rats. Pretty sure they do all have ladybugs though.
There's rats around Limsa.

The tutorial is like 2mins, it's just eh this is how you move, eh this is a quest, go run to that other guy and turn it in. Then you turn it in, cutscene, and when you come out of the cutscene you're in the "real" world(before that you're in an instanced version of the city, that's why there's no one around, while once you come out you'll see a bunch of people).

That said, the game is very very quest heavy. Basically 90% of the game is locked behind the main story. So you have to do quests. Just these mind you, can skip all the others sidequests shit but you have to do your MSQ, always, unless you buy a story skip(and then you'd have to grind a fair amount of time).

• 1Like

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
SSS, while an effective introduction to the Ways of the Subligar, is merely that--an introduction.

Pro-tier:
ffxiv_09302017_205633 - Copy.png

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I'd be on board if they could make a package deal where you forfeited your right to a refund on Shadowbringers as soon as you redeemed either of the other two expansions. No way I'll still be interested in this by July.

Problem is that's illegal in many countries (and possibly states?).

Consumer protection laws are a thing. Who knew.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
You're one of those people that tank in glamour that comprises solely of a Couerl-Skin thong, aren't you?

I usually don't tank; just leveled DRK and Pally for the hell of it. My DRK glamour consists of entirely non-edgy white armor, and Pally is maximum edgelord for maximum irony.

My BRD and RDM outfits are revealing, AST (main; my profile pic) is not.

• 1Seriously?

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't know about anyone else, but some of the shenanigans in the Baldesion Arsenal just crack me the fuck up. Like the eviction notice EM got served by one boss.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Started my eureka grind last night. I did levels 1-7 solo as a war and did up till level 9 with a red mage until I couldn't stay up. Uhhhhh yeah shits going to be a fun grind.... So when do I get more quests at level 10 especially the one like for a mount?

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Started my eureka grind last night. I did levels 1-7 solo as a war and did up till level 9 with a red mage until I couldn't stay up. Uhhhhh yeah shits going to be a fun grind.... So when do I get more quests at level 10 especially the one like for a mount?
You get quests every few levels, but they're very basic. You only unlock mounts in a given area after doing the last quest in that area, which is at level cap(20 anemos, 35pagos, 50pyros, 60 hydatos). Basically mounts are only for farming more relic shit or doing your challenge log, never to level up(although you technically keep your mount even if you delvl, so for example if you delvl on purpose in pyros or hydatos to farm sprites for logograms, you can still use your mount).

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Not FF but Octopath Traveler(?) looked reaaaaaaaaaaly good and almost made me buy a switch.
Argh sorry wrong thread. Meant to post this in the FFXV thread. I'll check it out.

Also, how hard is it to swing back into this game? I never got past heavensward, but that part was pretty enjoyable (but I hated grinding non-main classes).

• 1Like