Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Please let me know about SMN as that's what I've been playing lately.
I might not remember everything accurately, but:

Summoner was reworked extensively. It sounds like pets will be a) not killable; b) will be your primary method of attack. There was a vague line about how you will be 'shifting' summons and they have no cast time, so I don't know what that means or how it will work with Titan-egi in particular, unless it's no longer a tank-ish pet?

Not much to go on, but it might fix the Tri-bind dilemma where your AE is ass. If pets are your "primary" attacks now (use ability, pet does X thing), then AEs will probably be more responsive. It would certainly explain their change to make pet damage a clear report on the screen, but that was QoL at the minimum anyway.

Summon Phoenix. Enough said.

Cybsled

From what I remember about summoner changes, you don't have to spam shit to get the summons. You just get the summons flat out and your attacks will focus on rotating through various summons. So I am guessing you start with weak summons in your rotation and work your way up to bahamut or phoenix.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well that's an inconvenient time for a livestream, I'll be in my car on my way home from work. :(

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
From what I remember about summoner changes, you don't have to spam shit to get the summons. You just get the summons flat out and your attacks will focus on rotating through various summons. So I am guessing you start with weak summons in your rotation and work your way up to bahamut or phoenix.
Ya, I'm really hoping that SMN is one of the demo'd jobs today. That and SCH are the ones I'm most curious about, with MCH and WHM right behind for rework curiosity.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ya, I'm really hoping that SMN is one of the demo'd jobs today. That and SCH are the ones I'm most curious about, with MCH and WHM right behind for rework curiosity.
IF the various leaks about the SMN rework are true, they'd probably demo it. I remember last time they showed the jobs that changed a lot in priority iirc. Also if they do get a phoenix summon I feel that's a big "wow" factor they'd want to show. Meanwhile classes that get number tweaks and shit are probably not gonna see much time if any.

I do hope they organize their time a bit better to show stuff more evenly though. Last time there was a shit ton of time spent of BLM which obviously is Yoshida's class but on the flipside, BLM really didn't change a whole lot and didn't need that much time. I guess a bunch of the time was explaining the job gauge changes though(as a general change for all classes).

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
IF the various leaks about the SMN rework are true, they'd probably demo it. I remember last time they showed the jobs that changed a lot in priority iirc. Also if they do get a phoenix summon I feel that's a big "wow" factor they'd want to show. Meanwhile classes that get number tweaks and shit are probably not gonna see much time if any.

I do hope they organize their time a bit better to show stuff more evenly though. Last time there was a shit ton of time spent of BLM which obviously is Yoshida's class but on the flipside, BLM really didn't change a whole lot and didn't need that much time. I guess a bunch of the time was explaining the job gauge changes though(as a general change for all classes).
You'd think so for the OMGWOW! factor, but they didn't show SMN at all despite Summon Bahamut, so hard to say. Definitely agree with the BLM showcase, as well as the fact it will probably happen today too. Still, anything he shows off (esp. Actions and Traits windows) will be awesome if only so I can write the Japanese into spreadsheet as a PH for what ability it is.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
As someone who's more or less into the Dancer train though I'm not too worried, since they HAVE to show some Dancer stuff regardless. That's the advantage this time, last time I don't remember seeing much about SCH(I think there literally only was the skill showcase video with all the skills and we didn't even know what the skills were cause it was fairy beam and excog which have really muted effects) and then I switched to Monk but they didn't show anything of that either and similarily the video was useless cause the new skills were Riddles and Brotherhood.

I kinda hope they built this live letter a bit better in that regard, otherwise it'll be waiting until next week for the embargo lift.

Malkav

French Madman
Was thinking about that tank stance tooltip earlier and chuckled.

Step 1 : STR gives bonus dmg from tank stance trait but has no threat bonus
Step 2 : No more main stat melds and the bare minimum of base STR on tank gear.
Step 3 : DPS combos have no enmity. Threat combos have just the enmity needed but shitty DPS.

Tanks everywhere : MUH DPS :(

I hope it proves to be true just for shit and giggles.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wonder how much they'll show of Bard, I'm not expecting much but that would be good imo, b/c would mean not many changes.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wonder how much they'll show of Bard, I'm not expecting much but that would be good imo, b/c would mean not many changes.
Who knows? Bards got a rework in 4.0 with songs and all we had was guessing from the Job Trailer until the NDA lifted.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Sound is terrible and seems they're done with the tweaks, so I guess it'll stay shit until the first break.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Shit was alt tabbed but the youtube stream showed some dancer shit. There were very few skills, hope they do get more or it uses some complex system to generate "skills" with few buttons like 3mudras make several ninjutsus.