Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
14 has been consistent but i do wish they would update the engine. PS4/PS5 being almost entirely compatible and sharing architecture with PC makes now the best time to do it but an overhaul that large would have to be a 6.0 thing, not 5.0.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
How hard is it to join this game from scratch now?

Is it almost impossible to catch up to a useful state? Or somewhat friendly to new players? I need a new MMO.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
How hard is it to join this game from scratch now?

Is it almost impossible to catch up to a useful state? Or somewhat friendly to new players? I need a new MMO.
Catch up is super quick, You get a crazy Leveling Bonus Plus level sync means every dungeon is filled with players. You cant grind to end game you have to go through an exhaustive Story through all the xpacs but it's not bad though it has slogs at times.

You can use this promo code to get some free gear and armor plus other stuff.

You should come and check out FINAL FANTASY XIV with me. Whether playing through the epic story or teaming up to conquer powerful bosses, there's always a new challenge just around the corner.

You can get an idea of what it's about here:

FINAL FANTASY XIV Promotional Site

There's even a free trial, so you can see if you like it before you buy. And if you do, all your game data will be carried over to the full game.

WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY MAXIMA

■In-game Rewards■

After purchasing the game, log into the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station and enter the following recruitment code to redeem in-game rewards: 4RXXSAMF

Recruit a Friend Campaign | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone

■Prepare for Adventure■

Get a glimpse of the ever-expanding world of FINAL FANTASY XIV in this trailer for the free trial.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
14 has been consistent but i do wish they would update the engine. PS4/PS5 being almost entirely compatible and sharing architecture with PC makes now the best time to do it but an overhaul that large would have to be a 6.0 thing, not 5.0.

They are dropping 32-bit support for ShB, so hope springs eternal.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
If you're using the DX11 version it forces 64-bit. So it's only to get rid of the DX9.

Right, but what I'm saying is that they generally do one major back end change per expansion, so 6.x could conceivably be DX12 or a major engine update.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Someone from here gave me some gear and goddamn I destroyed the next dungeon. Not even sure who are but thanks

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I got Leatherworking to 60, Blacksmithing to 59(will be 60 when Moogle quests resets today). Only one left below 60 will be Armorer which I'll level with Moogle quests, not doing leves. Weaver should be 70 on Monday or Tuesday with the Namazu quests.

I'll start on Goldsmith and Alchemist to try and get to 70 after that...Namazu, Custom deliveries and leves.

So I think for Shadowbringer I will have Carpenter, Weaver, Goldsmith and Alchemist at 70. The rest around at 60 or so. Maybe instead of getting both Goldsmith and Alchemist to 70, I'll keep leves around for Shadowbringer.

Fisher, Botanist, Miner and 3 adventuring retainers at 70.

I'm pretty happy with all that.

28th can't come soon enough. :)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Getting GSM to 70 has the advantage of letting you repair your lvl 80 accessories(well the GSM ones at least). Probably worth cutting on leves and just focusing on it with namazu though, with 3weeks to go it should be enough to get there with class quests and custom deliveries/GC daily deliveries. You could also pop some red scrip manuals shit and a squadron crafting buff(if you have one, or ask your FC for a crafting buff at least a day) and then just mass convert ores into ingots the good old way, shit's not particularily time efficient but if you write a autohotkey macro or something, you can do it while afk.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Demolition of housing occurred yesterday across all data centers. So many plots were open for a legacy server. I solo camped one in Goblet and was able to buy it 5 hours later. This time instead of going the cheap route I picked the most expensive one with a preferred location. These ones are rarely camped unless it's the only one. Players rather save a few hundred thousand worth of gil trying to get a cheaper one that contested by other players and bots. Now if the ones comes up that I really want I'll move it to there.

Cybsled

Some calculated that if you had 0 leves as of Monday and just let it bank, you'd have 100/close to that by the time the xpac launches.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I got Leatherworking to 60, Blacksmithing to 59(will be 60 when Moogle quests resets today). Only one left below 60 will be Armorer which I'll level with Moogle quests, not doing leves. Weaver should be 70 on Monday or Tuesday with the Namazu quests.

I'll start on Goldsmith and Alchemist to try and get to 70 after that...Namazu, Custom deliveries and leves.

Can you do a favor and check out Rowena's collections at 60 and see if the red scrip turn-ins still give full exp until you hit 61? Presumably SHB will be the same as far as the yellow scrip ones before they get reduced down to the 10k.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well spent over an hour tweaking my UI some more, moving things around and resizing stuff. I think I'm happy, also created a few macros that hide some UI element when I don't need them.

I also did a mount macro that essentially hides almost everything whenever I mount so my HUD has chatbox and minimap left only. I makes everything reappear when I use it to dismount. :)

Sadly not macro command for the class gauge so that remains by itself in, but it's not too bad.

I also made some macros so that when I switch jobs, it switches my title, the minion I have summoned, and sorts my inventory and armory. :)

Fun stuff :)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Can you do a favor and check out Rowena's collections at 60 and see if the red scrip turn-ins still give full exp until you hit 61? Presumably SHB will be the same as far as the yellow scrip ones before they get reduced down to the 10k.

As a level 60 Leatherworker everything at 60 and under is XP capped at 10000XP for collectables turn-in, The 61 turn-in I see is where the XP is back to full at 214560XP.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I can't find the right spot for my beast guage. I'm thinking deadass center of the screen even though it's an ugly spot. I find if I'm not watching it I forget to use it

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I had to toggle off those fancy gauge UI's and I just took the simple version and threw it down next to hp/mp/tp for simplicity.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I can't find the right spot for my beast guage. I'm thinking deadass center of the screen even though it's an ugly spot. I find if I'm not watching it I forget to use it
Everytime you hear the sound of hitting 50, it's time to Fel Cleave. Only time I have to check it is if I'm trying to pool some but not too much or whatever but I generally just dump as soon as I hit 50, and hit the punch thing as soon as it's lit up(so you're at 30). Don't really need much more.

Other than that, putting it above your bars or whatever? Not sure what UI setup you have but you kinda have to look at stuff to check for cooldowns and what not, so close to that would be fine.