Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They showed off the furnishing preview in the last live letter, it looked nice and exactly what I'd want if I had a house to decorate. With demolishions though I'm never buying a house again so until they release bigger appartments, it doesn't really concern me too much.

No real surprises in the notes, seems like everything was as expected. I guess it doesn't mention White Scrips being delayed, yet they have a screenshot showing only yellow scrips for the new quests, so not sure what's up with that. In 4.0, yellow scrips were delayed 2 weeks until normal raids. Not complaining if they do have them available right away just not sure.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
My level of anticipation for this is so high. For the past few years I haven’t played an MMO regularly, I’ve been jumping from one MMO to the other whenever one was getting an expansion with basically the idea that I would play for a few months and move on.

This is probably the first time since WOW TBC/WotLK that I’m actually playing a MMO regularly before an expansion arrives, and not planning on leaving it after just a few months but sticking with it. It’s a feeling I haven’t had in a long time. I’m seriously looking forward to it. The next 2 days will be long. :)

On a totally different note, I realize yesterday that most of my retainers were close to being full (I’m a hoarder) and that I would need room for the new stuff in Shadowbringers, so I went about clearing stuff. Either by crafting some stuff to consolidate mats (for example turning logs into lumber rather than keeping both logs and lumber in inventory) or by selling on MB on just vendoring some stuff that wasn’t worth putting on the MB. Mostly getting rid on 2.0 mats aside from a few that are still needed once in a while in high level recipes. I made tons of money, and cleared about 1 or 2 tabs per retainer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You should clear more than that tbh but eh up to you. I cleared out my shit a long time ago, I generally throw away all the past expansion stuff a few weeks after new expansion launch and I can confirm what's still needed and what's useless. Worst case scenario, I have to buy the mats again that I sold and I lose 20-50k or whatever and that kinda doesn't matter one bit, but no wasted space. I currently have 2 almost full retainers, one with lots of random shit, materias, xp books/manuals, raid drops, dyes and so on, the other with SB materials. 3rd retainer has current tier gear that can't be turned in for GC seals/desynth yet, and GC/leve shit I prepared that'll be cleaned out in a few days and should be the retainer I use for new materials.

I wonder how much the inner quiet nerf will affect crafting. I never really looked into it, like how much Inner Quiet adds and what a 3k cap could do. I guess it means Innovation will be useless at higher stack counts though(like 10/11 when you do guaranteed crafts), which is kinda whatever.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
As I said I'm a hoarder, it was hard enough to get rid of so much already. If I see I'm going to run out of space again, I can sell more if needed, it's not like they are going to fill up overnight (I do have 9 of them after all). :)

There's a lot of nice little QoL in the patch note, one which caught my eye is that the retainer window will no longer close when sending a retainer away which is something I find so annoying, since when I'm at the retainer bell...I usually access more than just 1 retainer and having to use the bell each time was annoying.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Enmity gained for certain healing actions has been reduced
We were just discussing on the forum. Hopefully this affects regen and medica 2.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
You should clear more than that tbh but eh up to you. I cleared out my shit a long time ago, I generally throw away all the past expansion stuff a few weeks after new expansion launch
As I said I'm a hoarder, it was hard enough to get rid of so much already.

I'm bad for hoarding things and I don't sell any of the masses of resources that I gather. I have 9 retainers on my main and four on my alt account. I still have one retainer full of crafted unusable items from vanilla pre ARR. On the bright side I can make anything in the game :trump:

If I'm reading right you don't have to use duty finder to do dungeons even the first time - there'll be a set of trust NPCs outside each of them you can run through with.

I feel your pain with housing Pyros. I've lost a large, a couple of mediums and a few smalls to demolition over the years. The really crap thing is your lose all your airships, submersibles and progress on their maps too.

Presuming all the newer players know how to use AHK to macro crafting ? Anyone who needs it shout up and I'll post a short guide on how to set it up.

Last edited:

Cybsled

I wonder how much the inner quiet nerf will affect crafting. I never really looked into it, like how much Inner Quiet adds and what a 3k cap could do. I guess it means Innovation will be useless at higher stack counts though(like 10/11 when you do guaranteed crafts), which is kinda whatever.

HQ materials boost quality levels for combine, so I am guessing this nerf was to account for that and will push people to use more HQ materials vs. normal. That means gatherers will be able to sell HQ materials for a premium.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
HQ materials boost quality levels for combine, so I am guessing this nerf was to account for that and will push people to use more HQ materials vs. normal. That means gatherers will be able to sell HQ materials for a premium.
Yeah I know the change I'm just curious how much it'll affect crafting in practice without using HQ mats, we'll see I guess.

Cybsled

We don't know what the new abilities do as well, so that could be part of the reason for the nerf.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
We don't know what the new abilities do as well, so that could be part of the reason for the nerf.
Yeah bunch of new stuff. Rapid Synth III sounds like ultra garbage but might combo with another to not have 50% chance of success, and the other stuff might be useful.

I wonder if Reuse is something like a reset.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Looks like Superman cant hide on any world.
d65aa2c282957d3d0fde9e8979c62bcebe5aa9f5_53.png

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Any ideas how long before they will offer a Stormblood skip? I know everyone says it's an awesome story/expansion, but at this point i really just want to be caught up and doing current content, HW has really dragged on!

Merrith

Yup

*Tradecraft and fieldcraft leve quest rewards will be significantly reduced when using a class at level 70 or above to complete a leve with a level requirement below 70.
*Players above level 70 will now receive a maximum of 10,000 EXP when trading collectables of level 70★ or lower.

I also noticed this for everything

*Inner Quiet: The bonus to control can be stacked with Innovation, but cannot exceed 3,000.

I wonder if this is due to the HQ materials giving more quality to the combine?

I've read elsewhere it said same for SB notes regarding 60 and certain bot/min leves weren't affected because of the way they work. Worth a try either way, I'll have regained the leves by Friday morning anyways. Also as far as collectable turn ins go, I noticed the wording was simply for above level 70 when turning in 70 star collectables...so unless they typo'd those might still give normal exp until you hit 71. If not, I'll just have some extra yellow scrips banked.

The 3k control cap I guess is their fix for HQ mats getting you to 75%

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Any ideas how long before they will offer a Stormblood skip? I know everyone says it's an awesome story/expansion, but at this point i really just want to be caught up and doing current content, HW has really dragged on!
There hasn't even been a confirmation that they will offer a skip, so no idea

Malakriss

I would rather them not nerf ALL existing craft rotations/macros by restrictor plating Inner Quiet/Innovation just to incentivize collecting HQ mats.

But Great Strides seems to be unaffected.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Early access, they said so during one of the live letters. Won't be on sale like currently though obviously.

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Early access, they said so during one of the live letters. Won't be on sale like currently though obviously.
Awesome! $25 or what ever is worth it to not grind it out and be "stuck" weeks behind current content. Looking back, i shoulda skipped HW and done the SB grind before expansion 🤷‍♂️

*edit* looks like i'd also have to buy a job level bump to 70 also? MSQ skip doesnt include a level bump or am i reading it wrong?

Last edited:

Daidraco

Wait, what exactly is the grind going to be besides just leveling through the content? Am I going to have to grind out my item level to a certain point before I can move on? Or defeat some rarely done boss?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Awesome! $25 or what ever is worth it to not grind it out and be "stuck" weeks behind current content. Looking back, i shoulda skipped HW and done the SB grind before expansion 🤷‍♂️

*edit* looks like i'd also have to buy a job level bump to 70 also? MSQ skip doesnt include a level bump or am i reading it wrong?
No level bump, just completes the MSQ up to the first part of ShB. It gives you access to all the dungeons and a bunch of unlocks though.

There is a gear grind because dungeons are gated behind ilvl. But I mean you can just spend gil/currency to catch up on that regard.