Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
People must have gil to waste in this game. Anything pretty much sells on the MB. I unloaded tons of shit from my inventory and my two retainers and it's been selling like crazy. Probably made over a million just selling crafting materials.
I do a boat load of harvesting as harvesting/crafting are two of my favorite roles in FFXIV. Because of that, I have TONS of materials stored on my retainers. Is there an easy way to see what items are selling for on the MB when adding things up for sale? If it's easy, I will put a crap load of my stuff up for sale. If I have to search each and every item individually by hand to figure out the currently lowest selling price on the MB, then screw it. It would take me days to do that with all the shit I have collected up.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
A good tip would be to read the tip popups since they kinda tell you that. I know people hate popups but they're pretty informative and fairly short.

Things that you could probably miss would be...

The combat chocobo quest in South Shroud(Camp Tranquil) that lets you use your chocobo in the overworld to help kill stuff, it's not vital but it's free damage basically(just need to buy Ghysal Greens which are like 100g each or whatever from vendors). Also if you didn't read tooltips, when you got your mount, you also unlocked a chocobo saddlebag, a 75slot free inventory expansion, look up the menus to find it.

If you have a gatherer past ~40, you can gather 1 treasure map a day(need to do the treasure hunt unlock quest in Wineport in Eastern La Noscea) and those sell for a decent bit of money generally, especially the most current ones.

If you unlock The Hunt at your GC after reaching the right rank(I wanna say 2nd lieutenant but forgot for sure), you can then unlock Clan Hunts in HW and SB(and probably ShB), that give you decent xp for killing random mobs as well as a side currency used to buy a variety of cosmetics and gear stuff(generally not the best but can be upgrade for current weekly capped tomes for example).

Make sure to keep your GC rank up by turning in items for seals(once you reach a high enough rank for that) and do your GC log, it eventually unlocks Squadrons which are nice for leveling alts and for getting FC rank 3 buffs as consumables.

Look up the Fashion Report weekly to get a ton of Gold Saucer MGP to buy random cosmetics and shit. It's generally very easy to do, there's a guide every week on reddit for it(guide is posted on Friday, when it becomes available to turn in) and it really only takes a few minutes to do most of the weeks while providing 60k MGP.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I do a boat load of harvesting as harvesting/crafting are two of my favorite roles in FFXIV. Because of that, I have TONS of materials stored on my retainers. Is there an easy way to see what items are selling for on the MB when adding things up for sale? If it's easy, I will put a crap load of my stuff up for sale. If I have to search each and every item individually by hand to figure out the currently lowest selling price on the MB, then screw it. It would take me days to do that with all the shit I have collected up.

When you put an item up for sale on the MB, you have a small icon on the top right of the window where you set the price that will show you the item on the MB and people are pricing it at, also on that window, you also an icon on the top right that will open up an history window that will show how often the item has sold in the past, and at what price. It easy to use, and very useful.

• 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Here I was proud of getting all of my harvesters/crafters to level 20+ and opening up Monk and Ninja lol.

So far, my two highest levels are 35 Ninja and 31 Monk. I have to say my favorite right now is the Ninja. Is there a class/job for the DPS role (not tank) that dual wields Swords or Axes? I like the Ninja with the daggers, but I would prefer a class/job that dual wielded swords honestly.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
When you put an item up for sale on the MB, you have a small icon on the top right of the window where you set the price that will show you the item on the MB and people are pricing it at, also on that window, you also an icon on the top right that will open up an history window that will show how often the item has sold in the past, and at what price. It easy to use, and very useful.
Awesome. I will start selling my extra stuff. I have soooooooo much.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Anyone remember when the last expansion was available for download ?
The initial download went up a few hours after maintenance, but then you had to download more shit later in the day. Kinda surprising it's not up already, at least the first part.

Cybsled

New patch additions

Rank 7 and 8 materia. RIP 6 prices.

Can no longer gather elemental clusters...so does this mean we can only get them from atherial reductions or treasure maps now??

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I went back and revisited a bunch of newbie guides, tips and tricks etc. Once you've been playing the game for a bit, the zones load quicker (at least Ive noticed that on my PC) and I use the Aeth-mini network pretty extensively inside of towns. Get the software app for the one time login code so you can get a free destination aeth crystal. Plus its extra security so who cares. What server are you on OneofOne OneofOne ? I feel like we're in the same level range.. I think? I've been doing a lot of side ways progression (crafting etc.) in order to give my g/f time to level up and learn the game. So yea.. Ive been taking the game pretty leisurely myself.

29 Archer on Jenova. I will totally look into that, another port works for me.

A good tip would be to read the tip popups since they kinda tell you that. I know people hate popups but they're pretty informative and fairly short.

I admit, the mass amount of quest talk spam, and cut scenes have me skipping shit with a hurry, but I always read the tip pop ups. Musta missed that one.

Pyros said:
Things that you could probably miss would be...

Good stuff thanks! Some I knew but not all for sure.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
New patch additions

Can no longer gather elemental clusters...so does this mean we can only get them from atherial reductions or treasure maps now??
Yeah I'm unsure about this change, it seems weird, since you can't aetherial reduce at 50, so in theory someone without the expansions won't be able to get materials for 50 crafts, which is weird. Unless maybe it meant they're moving them from Unspoiled nodes to normal nodes(the line was in the Hidden node category iirc?). So they'd be easier to gather, since currently they're absolute shit with how few you get normally, until you get to aetherial reduction.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
New patch additions

RE: Bolded

It's talking about the nodes that spawn from using the Trader's/Matron's Favors from 3.0, not the other types (ephemeral, unhidden, legendary).

• 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
What is the trust system they are talking about? Does that make it so I can run dungeons by myself with a group of NPCs rather then sitting around in the DF to run them?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What is the trust system they are talking about? Does that make it so I can run dungeons by myself with a group of NPCs rather then sitting around in the DF to run them?
Note, Trusts are only for ShB dungeons for now. They will work on adding them back on SOME content, maybe, eventually, but for now it's pure 70+ content, so not very relevant for you atm. There's Squadrons for ARR/HW dungeons, but they don't cover all dungeons, work differently and require advancing the GC progression a whole lot before getting access so generally they're only for alts.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Note, Trusts are only for ShB dungeons for now. They will work on adding them back on SOME content, maybe, eventually, but for now it's pure 70+ content, so not very relevant for you atm. There's Squadrons for ARR/HW dungeons, but they don't cover all dungeons, work differently and require advancing the GC progression a whole lot before getting access so generally they're only for alts.
Ah ok. I was hoping to use it for leveling up some, but I guess not. Oh well.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Took off until Wednesday. Every Aether server is congested, can't wait to wake up at 4am for queues
Last expansion I had that day off and was still on Excaliber. My queue was like 10 minutes. Honestly my guess is the FF14 queues are all made up to spread people out and make it look like it's more popular then it is.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Last expansion I had that day off and was still on Excaliber. My queue was like 10 minutes. Honestly my guess is the FF14 queues are all made up to spread people out and make it look like it's more popular then it is.
At SB launch people would get 2-3hours queue in the evening every day. If you think they were doing that to make the game more popular, you'd have to be pretty stupid.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I'm unsure about this change, it seems weird, since you can't aetherial reduce at 50, so in theory someone without the expansions won't be able to get materials for 50 crafts, which is weird. Unless maybe it meant they're moving them from Unspoiled nodes to normal nodes(the line was in the Hidden node category iirc?). So they'd be easier to gather, since currently they're absolute shit with how few you get normally, until you get to aetherial reduction.
This is 100% to combat bots being able to direct gather clusters and influencing prices. Also likely confirms almost everything will be clusters at 80 but as long as the amounts aren't as bad as crystals at 70 then aetherial reduction and desynthesis will more than cover the need.