Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Wonder if Nightmare's getting a music. I have that and Shiva. And maybe Garuda I forgot. I'll probably have to farm Garuda otherwise, love the theme.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Finished the dungeons and finally got the damn Zodiac last night.

So with a sense of dread of what BS it was going to put me through on the final phase and I grudgingly started it. And I'm already 1/3 completed, all steps should have been like this as this is actually tolerable.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
So my Leviathan pony is playing Titan music.

Edit: Can't test out the other ponies, Enbarr is the only one I've got. Just cleared Shiva ex for the first time this afternoon; probably gonna start farming the primals for the mounts and glamour weapons.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Today's patched Steps of Faith, like I thought they would.

Vishap's maximum HP has been reduced.
The maximum HP of all enemies that spawn has been reduced.
Damage dealt by certain enemies has been reduced.
Damage dealt by Vishap's underfoot attack has been reduced.
Damage dealt by Bertha cannons upon exploding has been reduced.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Today's patched Steps of Faith, like I thought they would.

Vishap's maximum HP has been reduced.
The maximum HP of all enemies that spawn has been reduced.
Damage dealt by certain enemies has been reduced.
Damage dealt by Vishap's underfoot attack has been reduced.
Damage dealt by Bertha cannons upon exploding has been reduced.
Wonder if they will do anything else for the Story parts(snowclaok, steps, midgardnsmor, the acsian dude) to make them quicker/easier for those coming back as it gets closer to expansion. Snowcloak/Midgard were easy, but still had ilevel reqs + waiting in queue. Steps and the acsian guy was where I ran into problems from wiping/people quitting right away, using the DF. Also had to run a few STs to get the ilevel requirements for the last two(using dropped gear + stuff bought with tomes)

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
rrr_img_97831.jpg

Edit: Also this

ee218790ae.png

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, for being a Trial, that shit was rough for a pug to handle if they had too many new people, as the experienced people (esp. those using Trial roulette) would have absolutely zero patience. I didn't have major problems with it, but it really hammered home how some people just sort of afk-walk through stuff sometimes. DPS just using auto-attack and following Vishnap don't really help that much.

edit: Holy shit what a nerf. Caught it (of course) in Trial Roulette, he has like maybe 1/3 less hp, does dick all for damage, and the adds only took 1-2 cannon shots to kill. I think square realized that the gatekeeper to the expansion was too annoying for the average player to want to deal with, but man, what a gigantic nerf. Can't honestly remember when something was made -that- much easier in a patch.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well logged in just to do retainer ventures, so I don't miss a day. Get confused why my botanist retainer says she reached max level but my thm retainer is already past 30. Come to find out their max level is based on the level you yourself have of that particular class. Guess I should read those help menus instead of just closing them right away.

Time to raise botanist!(which I wanted to anyway before expansion).

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
They nerfed Steps because they don't honestly care about what's happening right now. The expansion drops in like 37 days or whatever and they realize when it does a flood of new people will come in. Those people will need to do steps but no one will be queueing for that shit. They don't want people waiting 4 hours for it to pop only to fail it.

In other news, I did random low level dungeon last night, I get Ifrit with people who all have several 50's. Score, this will be 3 minutes for free exp on my lowbie healer. We wiped 4 times because no one killed the nail. I swear people in this game are brain dead.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm levelling as WHM and BLM (yeah both, I'm nuts, but queueing as dps takes too long, so there's a valid reason
tongue.png
), I also like Arcanist, but before going totally insane and level 3 different classes at once, I have a few questions:

1) As an arcanist, can I be both Summoner and Scholar?

Assuming the answer to 1 is Yes:

2) If I decide to level from 30 to 50 as, say, Scholar, will Summoner level also increase at the same time?
3) If I put points in Mind to boost healing as a Scholar, will Summoner be gimped in damage or does it have its separate stat point stash to attribute to Intelligence?
4) Can scholars use Raise in combat? (can Summoners?)
5) Scholar healing relies on a huge help from the pet, or so I read, but how much? I mean, Am I going to watch the pet do the job or is it still a fulltime job with a bit of extra help?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: nothing wrong with WHM healing so far, but I'm an altoholic, Scholar sounded cool, so...
rolleyes.png

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
1: Yes, same class (arcanist) so leveling either levels arcanist, thus leveling both.
2: Yes
3: Different stat allocation for each job
4: Scholars get their own version of raise, works the same though. You get it as an arcanist ability, so either can use it.
5: Scholar healing -is- the pet. For leveling, you will rarely cast heals if you are using the healer fairy, instead just dpsing and then spreading for AEs. During dungeons/raids, you'll still watch the pet heal, but you'll get to do stuff occasionally when bursty stuff happens.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
1: Yes, same class (arcanist) so leveling either levels arcanist, thus leveling both.
2: Yes
3: Different stat allocation for each job
4: Scholars get their own version of raise, works the same though. You get it as an arcanist ability, so either can use it.
5: Scholar healing -is- the pet. For leveling, you will rarely cast heals if you are using the healer fairy, instead just dpsing and then spreading for AEs. During dungeons/raids, you'll still watch the pet heal, but you'll get to do stuff occasionally when bursty stuff happens.
Thank you.
(You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Rezz again.)

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I believe the dungeon finder/raid finder is cross server, if only because in months of using them I've run across the same person like... once. If you want a pre-made (and largely, more successful) raid group, you want one of the high pop servers so you can use the party finder (different from dungeon finder; it is server based) or find a linkshell/FC that raids.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
All dungeons except for the newest 8 man raid are cross server queues. I assume they will keep the same set up for the next expansion.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Anyone know if you need to buy multiple copies of the expansion for the various platforms? Will be dumb if I need to buy it for PS4 and PC, already had to buy the game twice..