Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
3) If I put points in Mind to boost healing as a Scholar, will Summoner be gimped in damage or does it have its separate stat point stash to attribute to Intelligence?
Stat allocation is bound to Arcanist, not Summoner or Scholar. This means that points you spend will apply to both and you'll need to use The Keeper's Hymn every time you want to reset them. (Sold by your Grand Company quartermaster.)

Oh god I didn't know people still posted on 4chan. Although I guess not surprising with the type of people that play this game.
It's actually not 4chan. It's an image board that my static uses to keep in contact with each other outside of the game. We used to have Enjin forums, but back then our roster would change like every week, so it was easier to switch to 8ch because people don't have to register there.

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
Anyone know if you need to buy multiple copies of the expansion for the various platforms? Will be dumb if I need to buy it for PS4 and PC, already had to buy the game twice..
I saw in one of the FAQs that you will supposedly need it per platform. However, this raises the question of how they're going to implement that - what if you upgrade on PC and log out in an expansion zone at level 51, then log in to your PS4? Will it boot you to a non-expansion zone? Will it flag the account as expansion and not allow you to play it on the non-expansion platform? Seems like it could be a mess...

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Oh god I didn't know people still posted on 4chan. Although I guess not surprising with the type of people that play this game.
I play this game and don't associate with any neckbeard forum except for this one

And yes, you will need to get the expansion for whatever platform you want to play on

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I saw in one of the FAQs that you will supposedly need it per platform. However, this raises the question of how they're going to implement that - what if you upgrade on PC and log out in an expansion zone at level 51, then log in to your PS4? Will it boot you to a non-expansion zone? Will it flag the account as expansion and not allow you to play it on the non-expansion platform? Seems like it could be a mess...
They already explained everything. You need a copy for every version of the game, if you log in and your character is in an expansion zone, you can't log on that character. Can still play the new classes and stuff in the old zones if you've unlocked them though.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
It doesn't make any more or less sense for the base game or expansion. Pretty sure that's how they did it for FFXI on the PS2/Xbox also, and they pretty much set the precedent since there aren't many multiplatform MMO's.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
On Gilgamesh as Mordryn Khazan, if anyone ever needs low lvl dps. Only 24, going blm when the time comes.

Also, I read that the new jobs have no base class. Does that mean they will have no class reqs at all?

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
On Gilgamesh as Mordryn Khazan, if anyone ever needs low lvl dps. Only 24, going blm when the time comes.

Also, I read that the new jobs have no base class. Does that mean they will have no class reqs at all?
The requirement is to have the story through right now finished. All 3 new classes start at 30.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
If you are playing as a scholar and relying on your pet to do the healing, you are doing it wrong. Just a point of correction.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If you are playing as a scholar and relying on your pet to do the healing, you are doing it wrong. Just a point of correction.
Uh, no? Depending on the content, that's literally all that happens, you DPS and your pet does all the healing. Content being most 5mans and any easy 8man. On harder 8mans, you have to heal, sometimes. Not all the time and that still depends on the WHM, if he's good, you don't have to heal at all(that's like extremes and stuff). For coil, some fights require healing at specific times, and some fights require healing most of the time, especially during progression.

If you're healing when there's no need to be healing, you're definitely doing it wrong.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Plz bro I got it on ps3, ps4, and pc.
I wonder how many of their sales are redundant customers.

I disagree. A SCH's job is to DPS and provide mitigation for tank busters or targeted damage. The only time they should be healing is if they're in a 4-man and there's a lot of group damage going out. In 8-mans, the WHM will be doing the spot healing.

Krowbar

Molten Core Raider
I played this game way back in 1.0 before the ARR shutdown. Are those accounts still usable or do I need to buy a new copy?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well there is over a month to get it done, so F5 might not be too necessary ^^. I'll wait for the EU one anyway.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
If your Scholar is DPSing most of the time wouldn't you be better off with just another DPS class? I just came back so I am not caught up but we used to solo heal First Coil for 2 and 4. One of our healers would just switch roles but could still roll on healer gear.