Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
You need to catch up to the current story to play them, and it will take you awhile.
aaah, yeah im not even having hopes of getting on gilg, i cant seem to find solid info on when they unlock seems to be pretty random, i tried around 3am last night, again around 6 when i woke up but nada.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
crone if i end up liking this game, im going to fucking kill you.
It's a damn good game, especially if you like the art style here better than WoW or other games, it's gonna really appeal to you. Lot of great people on the forums and in game to help as well.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
It's a damn good game, especially if you like the art style here better than WoW or other games, it's gonna really appeal to you. Lot of great people on the forums and in game to help as well.
bro they need to add a que system, locking a server completely.. come on.. already from the jump bad taste in mouth i should be playing right now instead of crying here about a server lock
smile.png
seriously who thought this was a good idea, literally shoots new players in the dick if they want to play with friends who happen to be on one of these servers, just saying /tears

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Make on a low pop then transfer for $12 or whatever. I don't play with any forum people in this game myself though. It's beautiful and fun even by yourself. Game is gorgeous.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Make on a low pop then transfer for $12 or whatever. I don't play with any forum people in this game myself though. It's beautiful and fun even by yourself. Game is gorgeous.
id just want to play with crone, play with him mmmm yesss... and also im the cheap video game thief remember this is blasphemy!

im kinda wondering if its gonna stay locked for me because im a trial account anyway? so it may have opened up last night but maybe thats another one of the restrictions of the trial account, idk, but im ready to buy.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
id just want to play with crone, play with him mmmm yesss... and also im the cheap video game thief remember this is blasphemy!

im kinda wondering if its gonna stay locked for me because im a trial account anyway? so it may have opened up last night but maybe thats another one of the restrictions of the trial account, idk, but im ready to buy.
Speaking from experience, being on a trial account has no impact on getting into a locked server. For the first 3 days of my trial
Excalibur (as well as Gilgamesh and a couple other NA servers) was locked but on day 4 of the trial at 6am central time I was finally able to create a character there.

Draynar_sl

shitlord
I'm honestly scared of server stuff when this expansion launches. Excal randomly has queue times throughout the week of 10-30 people. (I had one last week at 1 in the afternoon EST!)

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Speaking from experience, being on a trial account has no impact on getting into a locked server. For the first 3 days of my trial
Excalibur (as well as Gilgamesh and a couple other NA servers) was locked but on day 4 of the trial at 6am central time I was finally able to create a character there.
alright thats good to know, ill keep camping it out the till the 14 day trial is up then buy it when i can get on gilg.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Yes, you can only play the 3 new classes if you buy the expansion.
well guess i would need to finish the main story first to play them anyway according to noodlebro so dosent really matter much im gonna have to switch to that after if i wanna play it.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
New class is June 19th.
Let's be accurate here:

June 19 --Early Access* for Heavensward pre-orders that haveredeemed the code on the Mog Station. (Directions)
June 23 -- Official launch day for everyone else; pre-order and CE-only items sent this day.

* Let's be honest; everyone's going to dabble with the three new ones and/or get them to 50 before really tackling content before Alexander opens.
tongue.png

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
well guess i would need to finish the main story first to play them anyway according to noodlebro so dosent really matter much im gonna have to switch to that after if i wanna play it.
Switching classes is so easy, and on the fly, that it doesn't really matter too much which you start with, because you can switch right away.

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
That shit took forever, finished it as a Monk yesterday as prep for the xpac. I mean, they tell a good story despite the awkward and verbose english, but fuck was it long. Good thing it was all puggable too.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
That shit took forever, finished it as a Monk yesterday as prep for the xpac. I mean, they tell a good story despite the awkward and verbose english, but fuck was it long. Good thing it was all puggable too.
so the story dosent finish right about the time you hit 50, it goes on beyond that?

looks like seargantes(sp) was opened last night along with a few others i cant remember their names, so im hoping tonight theyll select another 1-2 servers hopefully different.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
so the story dosent finish right about the time you hit 50, it goes on beyond that?

looks like seargantes(sp) was opened last night along with a few others i cant remember their names, so im hoping tonight theyll select another 1-2 servers hopefully different.
There is quite a bit of story after 50. I'd say most the story is done after 50 at this point.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

They don't open servers randomly, the servers are open based on population, it checks every 3-4hours or so. If there's high pop, the server stays locked, if it's low/medium pop, it's open, that's all there is to it really. That's why even on non crowded servers if you try to make a char during primetime it's gonna be rough. Gilg is way way overcrowded though, which is nice right now since there's like a massive lull in content so a lot of people aren't playing and that makes gilg very active, but come the expansion when everyone returns, shit's gonna be a massive fuckfest.

But yeah anyway you need to play the game for a few weeks before the expansion hits if you wanna be ready, so any server will do at this point. Also depending on the class you plan to play for the expansion, you'll want to level the classes that might have cross class skills with them. Like if you want to play Dark Knight, you really want to level paladin and warrior to 25ish for the cross class, or 34 if you want everything(but they're not really needed). Though we don't know if they'll use cross class from exisiting classes just yet, it might be the case.

And yeah on story, there's the original storyline that ends once you reach 50(the empire arc), but after that there's the story they added every patch, which is A LOT of stuff. Like say it takes about 4days played to reach cap, which I think was roughly the case the first time around, there's probably 1.5day played worth of story after that. Lots of solo quests, primal fights and dungeon runs. And then there's the ilvl reqs for the later bits which will force you to do dungeons and stuff to get some gear. Not that much, but like you'll have to run every dungeon once for the bonus probably to get semi decent gear. That takes a while, since there's like 18dungeons or whatever nowadays.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
They don't open servers randomly, the servers are open based on population, it checks every 3-4hours or so. If there's high pop, the server stays locked, if it's low/medium pop, it's open, that's all there is to it really. That's why even on non crowded servers if you try to make a char during primetime it's gonna be rough. Gilg is way way overcrowded though, which is nice right now since there's like a massive lull in content so a lot of people aren't playing and that makes gilg very active, but come the expansion when everyone returns, shit's gonna be a massive fuckfest.

But yeah anyway you need to play the game for a few weeks before the expansion hits if you wanna be ready, so any server will do at this point. Also depending on the class you plan to play for the expansion, you'll want to level the classes that might have cross class skills with them. Like if you want to play Dark Knight, you really want to level paladin and warrior to 25ish for the cross class, or 34 if you want everything(but they're not really needed). Though we don't know if they'll use cross class from exisiting classes just yet, it might be the case.

And yeah on story, there's the original storyline that ends once you reach 50(the empire arc), but after that there's the story they added every patch, which is A LOT of stuff. Like say it takes about 4days played to reach cap, which I think was roughly the case the first time around, there's probably 1.5day played worth of story after that. Lots of solo quests, primal fights and dungeon runs. And then there's the ilvl reqs for the later bits which will force you to do dungeons and stuff to get some gear. Not that much, but like you'll have to run every dungeon once for the bonus probably to get semi decent gear. That takes a while, since there's like 18dungeons or whatever nowadays.
is that really how it works? because then i would have figured around 2-4 am gilg would have been opened and it never was, then when i checked back around 6am still wasnt open, idk how much more non primetime i can get.

well then i might as well get started, sooooo how would a server transfer work then? would i have to fucking wait? or because im paying for it they are gonna just throw me right onto the server np? because shit ill just transfer at lvl 1?

appearently server xfer throws you right onto it NP mmmmm