Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is there any benefit to preordering the xpack? I ask because I'm still 46 and I'll be pushing to complete the story, but I'm not sure if I'll have enough time for it before the 23rd (alongside all the other shit that needs to be done).
Anyone on Zordiak (EU) by the way?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is there any benefit to preordering the xpack? I ask because I'm still 46 and I'll be pushing to complete the story, but I'm not sure if I'll have enough time for it before the 23rd (alongside all the other shit that needs to be done).
Anyone on Zordiak (EU) by the way?
Other than the early access no. That said I'm not too sure how they're handling their servers shit and what not, and if they're like blocking normal accounts during early access or what. I would assume no but eh.

Unless you have major money issues though, it's not like it really costs more to preorder and if you plan on playing the game, you'll have to buy it anyway. At 46 it should be easy to get the story done in 2weeks or be very close to it depending on playtime, so it's not like the price will drop by the time you "need" the expansion.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
what is AST? but that seems to be the right idea, beam line straight through story quest and hit 60 asap.
AST is the presumed job abbreviation code for Astrologian (WHM = White Mage, for example).

Also what are leves ive heard they are great for leveling and i should be stacking them or saving them for the expac for easy levels? anyone wanna give me a simple breakdown.
Levequests 101:

- Require an allowance to accept (or retry, if you should fail it*).
- You get 6 allowances per day; 3x allowances twice a day.
- You have a maximum of 100 allowances. It takes 17 days to max them from zero, with 2 wasted if you let them accrue without using any during those 17 days.
- Your stock of allowances is shared between Battlecraft, Fieldcraft, and Tradecraft leves. (Grand Company leves are Battlecraft leves, but award Company Seals instead of gil and/or items.)
- You have to perform a quest at each levequest hub (see below) to unlock leves at that hub, which involves completing a (randomly given?) Battlecraft leve assigned by the quest giver.
- Some levequests (typically Tradecraft) are only offered at the capital cities' levemetes, in the Adventurers' Guilds.

Levequest Hubs (by Region)

La Noscea / Limsa Lominsa
  • Lower La Noscea (Lv 1/5/20): Red Rooster Stead (1/5); Moraby Drydocks (20)
  • Western La Noscea (Lv 10/15): Swiftperch (10); Aleport (15)
  • Eastern La Noscea (Lv 30/35): Costa del Sol (30); Wineport (35)

The Black Shroud / Gridania
  • Central Shroud (Lv 1/5/10): The Bannock (1/5), Bentbranch Meadows (10)
  • East Shroud (Lv 15; GC 20/25): The Hawthorne Hut
  • South Shroud (Lv 20/25/30; GC 30): Quarrymill (20/25); Camp Tranquil (30; GC 30)

Thanalan/Ul'dah
  • Western Thanalan (Lv1/5/10): Scorpion Crossing (1/5) , Horizon (10)
  • Eastern Thanalan (Lv 15; GC 20/25): Camp Drybone
  • Southern Thanalan (Lv 25; GC 30): Little Ala Mhigo
  • Northern Thanalan (Lv 40): Camp Bluefog*
* Northern Thanalan is a bit odd, as the level 40 battlecraft leves will want you to go mingle with the Lv49 basilisks in the region (by virtue of getting too close to them). The design here is questionable as to why low 40s should have to contend with such a higher level critter while doing some of their leves here.

Coerthas
  • The Observatorium (Lv35; GC 35)
  • Whitebrim (Lv40; GC 40)

Mor Dhona
  • Saint Coinach's Find (Lv45; GC 45)

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sithro: Easy, do other stuff and just hit the dailies. If you do the guildhest/daily roulettes each day, you are basically guaranteed a level from a full clear. This doesn't take into account rest xp or food or anything else. If you keep up with the main storyline quests while doing that, you'll be max in 3-4 days of just that type of gameplay. Make sure you've cleared all the guildhests on that character and it shouldn't be an issue. Once you hit 50, it isn't nearly as difficult to get geared up to finish the story, just look at my post above. Alternatively, get to 44 and find a Dzmael Darkhold first room grinding group. It won't be exciting, but it is probably the fastest thing you can do. You'll join, clear, leave, repeat.

Originally I was going to say that there's not really any major reason to rush to 50 and then skip everything to get ready for an xpac, since it isn't like you've seen/done the current endgame content anyway. But on second thought, the amount of people queuing for the older trials is going to take a major nosedive until the new currency and trial roulette gets added. No reason for any of the new jobs to do any of the trials, since to unlock them they would have had to already do them. So it is going to be -very- shitty for non-finished people the first few weeks, I imagine. When the tomestones get added and the roulettes updated, it won't be nearly so crappy since people will probably still run trial roulette (imo no reason to if you log in for the normal dailies each day, but whatever) and I'm sure they'll figure out a way around the issue. Square may even just nix the storyline requirements at some point if it proves to be a problem, though I doubt that.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Guys, the Fat Chocobo FC is POPPIN'! If you need an FC, send us an in-game application! Got quite a few returners from Rerolled in here!

EDIT: HOLY SHIT

ff0a0d460e.jpg

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
How is the FC? Decent human beings overall? I may be looking to upgrade.
Yes! We're all very thick skinned, and we have a good mix of casual to hardcore. Most of us are young to mid 20's but we've slowly been getting some older members as well.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Was just hanging out in a hub and this dude walks up to me and quotes Alex Louis Armstrong from Full Metal Alchemist (something about his technique being passed down from generations of his family line)

LBvqQg5.jpg

I love this community

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Level 47 WHM, and really don't have much of the other classes leveled up that are needed. Was doing DD runs, that are pretty damn quick. Between a few of those, and the dailies, I should be able to hit 50 fast.

Problem is, all of the rest that I have to do. It's almost like a race. Can I get caught up before the expansion? If only for the fact that I don't want it to be a bitch and a half to get caught up when I have way more time come July.

And Kriptini's FC is probably amazing!