Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
FATEs are worth it when there's a low amount of people(clear them quickly, get credit for most mobs so you get a nice amount of combat xp on top) or if there's a lot of people but you can manage to tag most mobs. Tagging mobs first gives you full xp, regardless. Not tagging them means you get no xp if there's too many people(it seems you need x% of the total damage done to even be eligible and when there's too many people, no one gets to that amount and eveyrone gets fucked besides the person who tagged first). On top of that a lot of people will tend to slow down the fates by making the mobs a lot harder and require more mobs to complete. Bosses tend to be ok even when scaled.

So really for this expansion I think FATEs will probably be kinda bad, as a lot of people will be there. Since there will be a lot of tanks and healers lvling though, I think dungeons should queue fast even as machinist, so it'll probably be better to just run dungeons. I tend to prefer FATE leveling as I can do it on my own at my pace(aka fast), but guess I'll have to grind dungeons this time around.

misery_sl

shitlord
Can't wait to level AST, but I've heard they have some troubles soloing the harder enemies in the new areas. I hope it isn't too rough.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Can't wait to level AST, but I've heard they have some troubles soloing the harder enemies in the new areas. I hope it isn't too rough.
Yeah I really don't know though, I've seen the videos from various people and they're fucking shit, so that doesn't help. I don't see it being worse than WHM regardless. From the looks of it, regen stance, put some regen on yourself, dot 2-3 mobs and then aoe to finish them, heal back and rinse repeat. Basically a mix of SCH and WHM leveling. Dungeons don't care though, so whatever.

Make sure to turn on DX11 in the launcher(config button), it's Off by default. Fairly small download, only 4ish gb.

Datamined ripped music files, cuts weird and doesn't have titles and shit, but crazy good regardless:
MEGA

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
lol, wow. They hit Lustrate HARD for nerfing, but I almost called how.

No longer 25% of max hp, but 600 Cure Potency now.Lustrate cannot save a tank's ass if it's under -heal debuffs, and/or the SCH is in Cleric Stance. Ramuh Ex just became "must tank swap" nao.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok fuck it, gonna come back to this game with xpac since there is no new mmo to play these days. My sch and whm are both i110, pld is i95ish? I last played to t9, story quest up to Ramuh ? I think. Is there a lot I need to get done pre xpac story wise, or are they letting people skip ahead to xpac content without finishing the older stuff? Best class to lvl up first, prolly pld? Is ast gonna be fun? Just saw that lustrates nerf mentioned , my sch used to be my main but I'd willing to try something else after a nerf like that

misery_sl

shitlord
Ok fuck it, gonna come back to this game with xpac since there is no new mmo to play these days. My sch and whm are both i110, pld is i95ish? I last played to t9, story quest up to Ramuh ? I think. Is there a lot I need to get done pre xpac story wise, or are they letting people skip ahead to xpac content without finishing the older stuff? Best class to lvl up first, prolly pld? Is ast gonna be fun? Just saw that lustrates nerf mentioned , my sch used to be my main but I'd willing to try something else after a nerf like that
You need to finish the story quests from Dreams of Ice and Before the Fall to enter the new areas and explore the new content. The guilds for the new classes are inside Ishgard, so you can't roll one up if you can't get in. Also, having a decent item level will give you a bit of an advantage going into the expansion content, but even top end gear will be replaced before reaching 60.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
If you skip cut scenes you probably have a couple hours of story content to do. Perhaps a tad more. It's Shiva, Snowcloak, Chrysalis and Steps of Faith IIRC.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
few things to do if you haven't (this is rather obvious though) and shamelessly pieces stolen from other places but assuming they DONT reset the challenge log after the expac... You still have about 4 hours to do this
smile.png

1. Do 6 Leves, of 4 different plates (Don't do 5 plates or you'll trigger a challenge) on a non-50 char. Turn them in.
2. Do all the L45 Leves in Mor Dhona St Coinach's Find. You can do 6 GC Leves, then 4 regular leves. Do them but don't turn them in, and then talk to the NPCs again. You can get 1 each of GC leve (3), and 1 additional Leve. Do these. You'll have a total of 14 leves waiting to be turned in. When the expac hits, turn all these in to get the 5 Leve quest challenge (84,300 exp at 50) the 20 leve challenge (84,300 exp at 50), and exp for 14 leve quests (probably around 14,000 or so each). This will probably put you well over half-way through 50 alone.
3. Do 6 beastmen quests, but don't turn them in until expac hits.
4. Stock up on food, esp for exp bonus.
5. Make sure you have a lot of ghysal greens.
6. Make sure you have some ventures and send them out immediately when you log on.
what do you mean when you say 4 different plates?

Also this has to be done on a non 50 character, so if i dont have anything around lvl 45 to do those leves in mor dhona dont bother?

was looking for something to do.

can you pm me the original spot you found that?

oh nvm i just tried to log on and its downloading heavansward, it didnt give me an option to choose where i wanted to install the expansion, is it going to just go into the same spot as the original?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Plate means the little picture on the top right of the levequest card in your log. You do the lower level leves because a) you would have gotten xp whereas doing them as a 50 you do not, and b) so you still have the "plates" for the highest level ones available to complete the challenges. One of the challenges is 5 different plates from 5 different zones, so you do them in other areas to prepare for doing all the ones in mor dhona. There's little reason to rush if you have reasonably high playtime, simply because you'll be capped on the lower tier gear (law) probably before they even implement the next tier of tomestones which will be weekly capped anyway.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I have Fridays off. Over the past couple of weeks on Fridays I have spent a lot of time doing high level content on a DPS. I've found that 10am-3pm on a weekday is the best time to queue for shit as a DPS. Like I don't get it, there must be more regulars who play tanks and healers or something. Anyways, if you are looking for DPS high end queues, try during the day during the week
smile.png

@Tek - Yeah, on DPS classes while leveling I queue for my highest dungeon and do leve's and hunting log, some times fates. Fates are only really worth it if they go down fast. I am on a low pop server so fate grinding kind of sucks. For Leve's starting at like 43-44 you can do the ones in Mor Dhona. You can grab like 10 or so at the same time and they are all in the same area. You grab all ten, do them all in a chain and take the free port back. It's like 35-40% of a level every time you do it. Shit's amazing. Make sure on the grand company leve guy to get one's from all 3 companies.
ah so you dont do the roulette for the extra bonus? that what i was queing for, in between fates and shit.

yeah just read that oh well, ill live without the free easy exp.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Roulette only gives extra exp once per day doesn't it?
That's correct. They haven't made anything that's an exception to this, anyway.

On the subject of leves, I'm really curious how hard the 10-allowance ones will be (and/or if they are THAT MUCH HIGHER a reward).

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
There is certainly a dungeon crawler bot. We've had a few. Key things to tell:

1. Every bot I've ever seen is a tank.
2. They don't hold agro for shit.
3. If you boot them they generally come right back (join in progress and a tank gets party ASAP).
4. They do not say a word, even when you use the translator or try to talk to them in any manner. This includes saying "Hold on a sec" and they ignore you and continue to forge ahead.
5. On "complicated mechanics" (using that term VERY loosely lol) such as Qarn NM killing the things on top of the panels, or running over the lit panel during terror fight, they will fail epicly at every stage of the fight
they are using something other than RB then, because i went and asked theres no such profile on RB, its another bot called minion.

this bot seems to be more worse than RB other than it does have a duty bot, but also cost a shitload more from what im reading, 30$ for 6 months access, RB is 30$ lifetime.

Maybe ill give it a try, for 6 months.

Elsebet

Peasant
There is certainly a dungeon crawler bot. We've had a few. Key things to tell:

1. Every bot I've ever seen is a tank.
2. They don't hold agro for shit.
3. If you boot them they generally come right back (join in progress and a tank gets party ASAP).
4. They do not say a word, even when you use the translator or try to talk to them in any manner. This includes saying "Hold on a sec" and they ignore you and continue to forge ahead.
5. On "complicated mechanics" (using that term VERY loosely lol) such as Qarn NM killing the things on top of the panels, or running over the lit panel during terror fight, they will fail epicly at every stage of the fight
We had a new Warrior (had a green leaf icon) in a low level dungeon. Only thing he did was pull and attack 1 mob, the rest went to the WHM. I tried to tell him nicely a few times that he needed to use Overpower and keep aggro on all the mobs but he never responded. Did the entire dungeon that way. I then saw the same WAR with the same WHM on follow, so I figured he was playing both accounts badly or maybe botting one.

misery_sl

shitlord
Just came back from half a year of not playing, which was right before the Dreams of Ice update IIRC. I'm really glad I decided to re-join the game as I completely forgot how much I enjoy playing it. The new story content is very entertaining. I just leveled a Ninja, and it was a lot of fun. I also entered the gold saucer for the first time, and I have to say it's easily one of the coolest things I've ever seen in a MMORPG. Triple Triad is sweet! Just being gone for 6 months or so, I already have an incredible amount of content to do, and that's not even taking into consideration the expansion content. I'm finding new things to do all the time, and the game is improving the little things at a steady pace (/playtime, tp while on mount, etc.) I haven't been so excited for an expansion or game release in a damn long while. My subscription is money well spent IMO.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
basabots is a pretty cheap one and they give a 48 hour free trial, but they all seem to have reoccurring fee's as where RB is a 1 time fee.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
That's correct. They haven't made anything that's an exception to this, anyway.

On the subject of leves, I'm really curious how hard the 10-allowance ones will be (and/or if they are THAT MUCH HIGHER a reward).
If they are 8X-10X the reward but faster then 10 leve's then I am in. Doing tons of Leve's is good exp but gets boring when you are killing the same wizard summoning his minions for the 40th time.