Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If they are 8X-10X the reward but faster then 10 leve's then I am in. Doing tons of Leve's is good exp but gets boring when you are killing the same wizard summoning his minions for the 40th time.
Yeah I'd be fine with 10x xp, just so you can dump leves faster and it being less boring. Sure the 10x leves will be longer to complete I'm sure, but probably less so than doing 10leves, which involve a lot of running back and forth and you have to redo the same leves over and over. It lets you do basically "one" leve per day with your 12leves allocations, and get all your xp in one big batch then be done with it, and great to dump all 100 leves right away. Then for alts and such it's the same thing, once you see you're about to hit 100 leves, you can do a few of the bigger leves and be done quicker.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Before servers went down I apparently caught some guy who had no idea what he was selling was worth or maybe just wanted to evacuate inventory. 3 pieces of Forager HQ gear for sub 100k each, same seller. Dropped part of my gigantic materia collection into it and now I'm no longer worried about heavensward gathering requirements. Hurray.

Yeah the leve thing is pretty boss, and I'm sure I'll take advantage of it at some point, but unless they also have crafter/gatherer 10 leve deals, I'm still going to be burning most of mine on those professions.

Since I love the platemails and I'm looking at DK as my main, I think I'm going to go with Armorer, Blacksmith, Goldsmith as my specializations. I'm sure there will be some optimal deal down the road, but that covers a -lot- of main hand weapons and armor/jewelry stuff so it should be a viable collection for coin raising. If I was min-maxing I would probably go Leatherworker/Weaver/Goldsmith and rake in the dough on whatever top end gatherer/crafter clothing gear and right side equips. But I think there are going to be quite a few people who do that, thus reducing the market value.

Came to the conclusion I'm definitely getting Miner to 60 after White Mage, because people have way too much money on their hands and I want to help alleviate them of their burden.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Is the patcher/updated down for anyone else? It just shows a black window for me.
As of this writing, it's functioning fine for me (on Win 7 64-bit). The black window sounds like it's not connecting properly to the server that provides you the launcher content. Check to see if the launcher update required you to reauthorize/de-firewall it, is all I've got.

misery_sl

shitlord
As of this writing, it's functioning fine for me (on Win 7 64-bit). The black window sounds like it's not connecting properly to the server that provides you the launcher content. Check to see if the launcher update required you to reauthorize/de-firewall it, is all I've got.
It was a problem on my end. Leave it up to me to screw my game up right before an expansion hits.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Win7 64 here, got it to patch fully and download but I did get some errors too. Would occasionally give two different type errors saying how it "failed" or "couldn't" patch the files, but after a few tries it got going good and finished up.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
What are the chances servers are up ahead of schedule? Haven't tried to log in right at scheduled maintenance up time in this game before.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
It was a problem on my end. Leave it up to me to screw my game up right before an expansion hits.
Did that today too. :p The launcher completely froze up while updating the expansion files, so I aborted it (via task manager). It acted as if all was well when I reran its .exe, but to be safe I reinstalled the whole damn game. 23G download, did everything fine while I was afk at work, but STILL...

RE: Tec/Gilgamesh: This is why I logged out in South Shroud to pay Raya-O my WHM visit, instead of log in to Coerthas Congested Highlands.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What are the chances servers are up ahead of schedule? Haven't tried to log in right at scheduled maintenance up time in this game before.
0, not for the expansion. I mean, 10mins early or so maybe, but it won't be like 3hours early or whatever.

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
Haven't been this hyped for a expansion in a long ass time. Not just the experience of new content, but the continuation of the story aswell which seriously picked up post 2.0. Only downside is you have to plow through a mountain of boring shit in order to get there. 95% of the 1-50 story was terrible imo.

Malkav

French Madman
Really wished they would post the definitive patch notes already.
I want to read them before it starts.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm still waiting for my pre-order code from amazon. When are those supposed to be distributed?
All the non digital retailers are supposed to send those today, on release day. It's a shitfest, I guess they didn't want people to cancel for EA or something.

As for Patch Notes, probably when Lodestone goes back up, read that it was still down, extended one hour.

Edit: Nvm it's up, looks fresh too.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Anyone still downloading? I'm getting less than 1 MB down per second, and my net is supposed to get up to 30. Anything else I try to download is fine.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Anyone still downloading? I'm getting less than 1 MB down per second, and my net is supposed to get up to 30. Anything else I try to download is fine.
Didn't have an issue, but I downloaded yesterday. Was capped at 3mb/s, which took like 30mins or whatever, and 3hours ish for the rest of the client(clean install).

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Doesn't seem like there's a big difference between Preliminary and Full patch notes, specifically only thing added was a couple **IMPORTANT RED NOTE** sentences, and the fact that Soldiery mats are on the GCs now... which still were not mentioned as getting a rank boost, nor Chocobo rank maxes. I'm wondering if 3.01 (Alexander release patch) is holding some things hostage, besides Esoterics.

Also, this (if you haven't played between 4/1/15 - 6/7/15):
Commemorate the Launch of Heavensward with the Welcome Back to Eorzea Campaign! | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone