Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
While I agree that the expansion was a tremendous let down from an end-game content perspective, I don't understand how you could think that Savage would not require ideal group make ups to progress in. My original group found this out when the game first launched - we had like the world 5th or 6th Turn 4 and then proceed to being 100% unable to progress in turn 5 due to our class make up not having a single pet class. That was at launch and it was frustrating but the game is built with the notion that you will level multiple classes. Your group's inability to have multiple classes ready to tackle the savage content is solely the fault of your group, not the games (same as it was with my original group).

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Not to be rude but check fflogs.com Your dps numbers are VERY low for your dps. A monk should be doing 1.7k without tp being fed to him easily. Is your smn dotting the weakned mob and spreading that snapshot for insane damage? Are you actually making sure correct things are weakened? (and OUR numbers are low compared to what really good groups are pulling) You don't need a SCH you need your dps to learn the fight and their rotations.

FF Logs - Combat Analysis for FF
This was a month and a half ago, dude. I stopped raiding a while ago. No MNKs had the gear to be doing 1.7k without having TP fed to them.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ideal class setups I was expecting. But the a3s and onward fights are still overtuned. I haven't had a static for a while but I constantly get in groups for these every day because 'our whm or sch or ast stopped showing up'. The fight is basically destroying raid groups throughout the game

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
Savage (at least a3s onwards) is tuned to a level where only those playing their classes perfectly will complete it. That level of tuning inevitably results in certain class combinations having the advantage.

The real issue I see, is that prior to the expansion there was a lot of "mid-tier" raid content, and now there isn't. There is either duty finder content or stuff that only the best players can complete.

Draynar_sl

shitlord
Ideal class setups I was expecting. But the a3s and onward fights are still overtuned. I haven't had a static for a while but I constantly get in groups for these every day because 'our whm or sch or ast stopped showing up'. The fight is basically destroying raid groups throughout the game
It is brutal. We've been working on it with a 2 day a week raid schedule for weeks and are just getting to last part of the add phase. Improvement comes in millimeters if you're not super hardcore. And I'm switching from Monk to Ninja to try to make it a bit better.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Trying to DL the free 14 day trial and the patcher keeps disconnecting after a few hundred MB are downloaded. Tried a bunch of stuff to fix it but this keeps happening.

Unable to download patch files.
[30413][20496]

Really annoying because it's almost 20gigs to download and will take days at this rate of having to reconnect to the patcher constantly.
I'm having this same issue. Got the PC download on Amazon, and trying to update the patcher constantly crashes with that error, so I have to keep doing it. It seems to slowly being downloading the 20gigs, but I have to reopen the patcher and run it every few hundred MBs. Very frustrating.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'm having this same issue. Got the PC download on Amazon, and trying to update the patcher constantly crashes with that error, so I have to keep doing it. It seems to slowly being downloading the 20gigs, but I have to reopen the patcher and run it every few hundred MBs. Very frustrating.
Turn off Windows firewall and see if it doesn't help.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Didn't help. Seems like tons of people have this problem. Just constant random crashes updating the game through the launcher.
Antivirus/firewall tends to cause that, at least that's what I always read, turn off everything. Also launch in admin mode and shit.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Didn't help. Seems like tons of people have this problem. Just constant random crashes updating the game through the launcher.
I had to specifically allow ffxivupdater.exe (or something similar, check yourself, it's very easy to see which file does the job). Also if you use Avast antivirus, disable it or it'll not let you patch at all, it won't even let you login (launcher opens with the fields for typing id and password completely blackened out and unusable).

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Its almost always related to anti virus or firewall when it happens. Dunno what to do about it if its not pne of those two problems. Sorry
frown.png

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
So I'm under the impression Alts are kind of pointless in this game since you can play all classes/jobs on one character? Made a Male Midlander Conjurer/White Mage as my first character. Although seems like Scholar is the more popular of the 2 healers.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
So I'm under the impression Alts are kind of pointless in this game since you can play all classes/jobs on one character? Made a Male Midlander Conjurer/White Mage as my first character. Although seems like Scholar is the more popular of the 2 healers.
Yeah, alts are pointless except for desynth and specializing... both of which are also pointless.

I hate WHM with a passion but you do need to get a few abilities from CNJ in order to play SCH optimally.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Scholar is not a real healer for several levels, meaning that you don't play the class in solo at all, as you can level as Summoner and if you want to queue as a healer in dungeons, your pet covers 95% of the required healing in groups until level 45+, with the occasional patch heal thrown in for safety, while juggling dots and a shit nuke. After a certain point, you'll dps a bit less and heal a bit more, but dps while healing is pretty much required.

White mage is more traditional, but levelling is definitely tedious with using pretty much a single nuke all the time. I still prefer healing as whm, levelling doesn't last forever anyway.

African

Golden Knight of the Realm
I got my SCH to 40 and WHM to 35. Still can't decide which is more enjoyable, or if the game just isn't enjoyable. One day I'll come to the realization that I just don't have the time available for MMOs anymore and stop wasting my time.

Cathex_sl

shitlord
I got my SCH to 40 and WHM to 35. Still can't decide which is more enjoyable, or if the game just isn't enjoyable. One day I'll come to the realization that I just don't have the time available for MMOs anymore and stop wasting my time.
I really enjoyed SCH because 1) you get a dps spec for "free", 2) automatic pet heals make dungeons a breeze, and 3) if you are proficient dpsing as SCH, you can help speed up dungeon runs (and raids to a lesser degree). I didn't care for WHM as much, particularly while leveling.

But yeah, it's just another MMO. Definitely one of the better ones, but it's really just more of the same. I do love the atmosphere though.

Xalara

Golden Squire
I've finished all of my mainhands, offhands, and accessories for my crafters and am starting in on the left side pieces.

Or in other words, only 70 million gil to go at 30k per favor mat. Kill me now x_x

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Is there still an active rerolled population on Gilgamesh? Currently have a level 8 Conjurer on Behemoth because a friend plays there, but might start up another on Gilgamesh.