Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Xalara

Golden Squire
There will (hopefully) be content worth grinding. Alexander Savage and high end crafting are a bust. 3.1 offers a glimmer of hope Alexander savage will be rebalanced, but more than that airships and Void Ark might give midcore raiders something to do and crafters crafting recipes that can actually make money.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
There will (hopefully) be content worth grinding. Alexander Savage and high end crafting are a bust. 3.1 offers a glimmer of hope Alexander savage will be rebalanced, but more than that airships and Void Ark might give midcore raiders something to do and crafters crafting recipes that can actually make money.
As someone who's been raiding and enjoying hard endgame content in mmos since 1999, and including beating all the extremes and ffxiv fights up to 3.0, I can confidently say this shit is just whack. Alex floor 3 (and presumably 4) are just flat out overtuned. I am usually the one rolling my eyes at the soft cores crying for nerf but at this point I think it's fair to say a nerf is appropriate. I know I am not a bad player but this shit's been bringing me to my knees day in day out now for weeks and my asshole is done.

African

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anything in particular that I should be doing once hitting 50, or is it best to just keep leveling and worry about gear once 60?

African

Golden Knight of the Realm
They should let you speed up the lv 50 MSQ somehow as a new player. Doing, what seems like 100+, lv 50 MSQ for 4k exp a pop is mind-numbing.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Would this be worth picking up still for ps3? I lack a gaming worthy computer but have the mmo itch, D3 is far too boring and repetitive. Probably will be 1 to 2 hours a night at most of playtime.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Would this be worth picking up still for ps3? I lack a gaming worthy computer but have the mmo itch, D3 is far too boring and repetitive. Probably will be 1 to 2 hours a night at most of playtime.
If you're only playing 1-2 hours a night, it's gonna be an uphill battle to keep yourself entertained. Most of the story quests before level 45ish suck.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
If you're only playing 1-2 hours a night, it's gonna be an uphill battle to keep yourself entertained. Most of the story quests before level 45ish suck.
How grindy is it to get to 45? I'll probably play healer or tank unless a Dps is easier to solo with.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
How grindy is it to get to 45? I'll probably play healer or tank unless a Dps is easier to solo with.
If you play tank, if actually won't be so rough because your dungeon queues will be instant.

Healer, expect to wait 2-5 minutes in queues.

DPS... thirty minute queues. Also, many dungeons are required for advancing story quests.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Dungeon queues pretty much work like WOWs dungeon finder thing where you just sign up and get grouped up with randoms?

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Eh, well I bought it, should get home tonight and start the install.

Is it a stupid move to have a tarutaru warrior like it was in ff11? Or are all races equal since they can be every class?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
No statistical difference between races, or at least not enough of one to matter. Your "sign" shifts around a couple of resist points, but again, not enough to matter.

And every race could be every class in FF11 as well haw, but they made the stats far more important than they did in FFXIV, where even 10-20 points difference won't really be noticeable. It all comes down to gear and the dps of your weapon.

Xalara

Golden Squire
This is a game, where most people do about 15% of their class's potential DPS and make it through all but the hardest raids without issue. So yeah, a few stat points here and their doesn't mean shit.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Servers due to come back up in the next hour with the EU servers physically moved to an EU location. Be interesting to see the difference the ping time makes to various encounters.

As an aside, Halloween event starts this week. Includes a broomstick flying mount.All Saints' Wake 2015 | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone

edit : Servers down for extended 34 hour maintenance for physical relocation and they come up within 5 minutes of scheduled time. Gotta love how on the ball they are at SE.

edit 2 : ping down from anything up to 350 ms to 30 ms

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Well last night I finally finished Patchquest but Gilgamesh wasn't allowing new characters, so I'm Fifey the tarutaru gladiator on Cactuar.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
My Arcanist is level 35 now, but I'm on Goblin server(I think). I keep getting free company invites spammed all goddamn night. I need to join one, but don't want to just join a bunch of retards. Can I transfer to Gilgamesh?

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
My Arcanist is level 35 now, but I'm on Goblin server(I think). I keep getting free company invites spammed all goddamn night. I need to join one, but don't want to just join a bunch of retards. Can I transfer to Gilgamesh?
Yeah, you can transfer at any time for a fee somewhere in the realm of $15.