Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Flight

Molten Core Raider
So hunts are super popular now that you can upgrade lore gear to 240 with the centurio seals book. PS3 players were complaining about the lag during prime time because there was so many people, which resulted in a hour or two of preempted pulls before groups could make it there. The massive amount of eso's still helps people play catchup.
Just came back with my gear at ilvl 200. What would you say is my best upgrade route ? Maybe AS -> 3.2 raid -> 3.3 raid ?

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Doing Midas normal runs should be pretty good since you can exchange the tokens they drop for i220 gear and there's no longer a weekly restriction on how many tokens you can get.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haven't started new storyline yet. So I was skipping cutscenes till about 54 when I realized they were doing a decent job. Where are we at with this update? Skip or no?

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just came back with my gear at ilvl 200. What would you say is my best upgrade route ? Maybe AS -> 3.2 raid -> 3.3 raid ?
Just farm whatever you can for tokens of Lore. They give i230 gear. Which can be upgraded to i240 with the crap you get from Midas as said above.

Have not really done the new stuff yet so not sure if that's full on upgrades or not either. But unless I'm mistaken Lore/Savage raids are the access paths to best loot(generically speaking and not a min/max beast).

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haven't started new storyline yet. So I was skipping cutscenes till about 54 when I realized they were doing a decent job. Where are we at with this update? Skip or no?
Depends....I go back and forth. They are decently informative, funny, and interesting but if your goal is just to play then skip.

Sometimes I just wanna grind or progress or whatever and I skip. Though I did have almost a whole week of playing where I just got drunk and watched every cut scene, even for side-quests(long story but I was trapped some place I didn't want to be so I just sat inside and gamed). I actually found myself enjoying them, but now that I'm back in the real world I find that I don't want to watch cut-scenes for the little I do play.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Forgot how bad the RNG can screw you over in this game. Up to run #24 of A6N trying to get i220s and still haven't gotten won single accessory, let alone the helm

edit: #26 got an accessory with an 80 that held up! The quest to roll a 90+ continues.

Saban_sl

shitlord
I swear i used to be able to google ff14 patch history and some site had a list of the major changes from each patch in an easy to read list. i think reddit had a list too, now i cant find anything for 3.0 and beyond. Resubbed after a year or so and im in the dark here.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Where are people going to grind up their other classes from 50-60? I remember it being kinda gay in 3.0. Also how are the 24 man raids compared to the ARR ones? I actually didnt mind ST that much, WoD was kind of annoying and LoTA was gay.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Where are people going to grind up their other classes from 50-60? I remember it being kinda gay in 3.0. Also how are the 24 man raids compared to the ARR ones? I actually didnt mind ST that much, WoD was kind of annoying and LoTA was gay.
Haven't played the latest patch, but probably the Heavensward beast tribe dailies + daily roulette? Fates suck balls in heavensward.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, just doing the two roulettes each day and then staying queued for whatever the highest HS dungeon you can while doing beast quests is probably the fastest, then hunts/leves if you got em.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
As others said...pretty much in order of ease and effectiveness:

1.) Daily dungeons
2.) If you can find a fate/grind group, look in party finder. Also some fates are not too bad if you have the chicken thing out. Just avoid the boss fates for the most part and you'll be fine
3.) Leve's/hunts, again keep the chicken out. Mix in the Beast dailies as they do offer some decent xp and the awards come in handy if you file them away.
4.) Keep an eye on the weekly challenge log. There is buckets of XP to be had in there. Sometimes I'll do 9 guildheists then switch to some random level X class I have for the 10 for the massive bonus xp. Same with the fate/leve/dungeon one.

Pretty much do the daily dungeons(avoid main scenario), just do trial/leveling/50 dungeon and then bust out the chicken and start of fate/leve/beastquest mixing in the mobs from the daily hunt. I don't really preach the daily hunt because you only need to kill 2-3 and you spend most of your time flying to them all. I generally just keep the hunt papers on me and if I am in the area anyway I'll kill them.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah you get two free on each character and then you can pay 2 dollars for each additional retainer (for all characters on that account) up to a maximum of 6 additional. It's not a bad deal, as there's really no reason whatsoever to make an alt character outside simply wanting two have two different races/genders or more at the same time available, it is easily combined with the Starter account (1 char per server max at 12.99 instead of 15) to up the characters without really increasing the price. Not to mention (as Nehrak belabored earlier near Heavensward release!) that you can make most/all your retainers into combat classes and use them to drastically reduce the time it takes to gather monster mats for crafting. If you don't mind spending 25ish a month on a single game, it's just a lot of upsides, especially if you are a horder.