Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The cut scenes aren't as long as all the running around and random tasks + text boxes. I watched the story and enjoyed the scenes but hated the rest.

Also the save mechanics for PotD are bullshit. Failed a 11-20 on the boss because the entire run tried to give me armor upgrades and I couldn't kill fast enough to beat the timer. Entire hour of progress wiped, do not pass go. Supposed to be using the solo progress to supplement my fixed group upgrades and now it feels like the reverse is required.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm ok with the cutscenes, the story and cutscenes were the best part of FFXI (which I played for like 6 years every single day nonstop, it was my EQ). I do remember a lot of Fedex quests and that's kind of annoying. That's the worst type of quest.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'll probably try out the free login campaign and see if it grabs my interest. Always played on PS3/PS4 so will be interesting to see how it looks on my PC
If you already have it on Ps4, and add PC subscription, you can play on both. The data syncs instantly, as you connect to the same servers of course. Many times I was farming easy shit on the Ps4, but then switched over to the PC cuz I was gonna run some dungeons as a WHM.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Actually my license is for all 3, originally bought it for ps3, did the free or reduced cost ps4 upgrade and bought pc on sale

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Actually my license is for all 3, originally bought it for ps3, did the free or reduced cost ps4 upgrade and bought pc on sale
Dedicated! However, with WoW coming out, you really think you'll have time for this as well?
frown.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Needless, how did this run on your 1070?

I need to login tonight to try it. Hoping I'm blown away. Don't think it would run at 144 FPS but you never know

Needless

Toe Sucker
Needless, how did this run on your 1070?

I need to login tonight to try it. Hoping I'm blown away. Don't think it would run at 144 FPS but you never know
I forget what the FPS was on max settings but i didn't notice any hiccups at all (i was doing 144hz as well). I also didn't really do anything graphic intensive like a raid or anything, i'll try it out tonight. Damn pretty game though i'll tell you that much lol

I'm gonna try leviathan or shiva tonight to see how it is in an actual battle with a bunch of shit going on~

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
So a few questions.....

1.) how does XP work in that new dungeon? Is it fun? Also why don't they make it accessible from the damn duty finder? /sigh I have the same beef with diadem, more people would do it if it were select-able from there.
2.) Just to be sure I'm not stupid, how does this new Yokimundo shit work? Am I correct in assuming I need to grind like 1000 fates? Does someone have a good link to exactly what I need to do for minions and mounts? Are the weapons worth it or are they just for looks?
3.) Is there a good site for BiS of the different classes? Everything I find on google is from ages ago and not updated.

I'm almost done with farming 20 of each of the unidentifiable shits for the epic weapon quest....holy fuck if you are thinking about doing this do not. It has actually hurt my interest in the game because it takes so long and is so annoying. You can get better weapons in the dungeons.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Basically everyone is a dps class the first 20 floors which makes it fast and fun, after that you somewhat have to heal or burst up to 40, then 41-50 is actual group mechanics. You get rewards for completing every 10 and the experience is decent pre-50 but drops to 7-10% past that. Yokai crap is literally wear a bracer to fates until you get like 75 medals and buy all the minions while at the same time having the minions out for each zone to get random legendary medals for glamour weapons. Like 222 legendary medals and they're atma rarity, only some of them look decent.

BiS shifts from patch to patch and there's no direct site that has them all, at best you'll get player-made ariyala gear comparisons like3.3 BLM gear - Ariyala's Final Fantasy XIV Toolkit
ouch, yea I just figured out the Yokai thing last night. Getting the minion medals is easy. Essentially complete 75 fates with the bracelet on. Grindy but not terrible if you run around with a group. Did mine in 2 days.

THEN you have to take out the right minion for the right zone(http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wi...ne,_Gather_All!) to get legendary medals....which are rare. Anecdotally I'd say 1 out 3-5 seems to be right. You need 7 legendary ones for the first weapon and it climbs fast. I think someone said something like 700ish total? Fucking insane if you ask me.

I have not figured out yet if you can collect 1 legendary medal for all weapons or if you MUST farm different ones from different zones. Every night I see people farming the beast tribe fates since they pop instantly, just run back and forth in a big group, boring but fast.

The other method would be to use this opportunity to level every class to 60 lol, I'm sure you could get at least 1-2 classes up to 60 by joining in on the Yokai fate farms.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Do fates ARR fates exp scale past 50?

I wanted to use this event to get all my other jobs to at least 50, but it looks like CCH and N Thanalan arent even part of the event, which is kinda annoying.