Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Erie_sl

shitlord
Sweet perfect timing, was worried I wouldn't have time to play/finish the tales game coming out earlier. Been a long time since I've been excited for a games release, can't wait.

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
so - if i bought FFXIV original, do i get early access or do i need to preorder the game again to get early access?

Volt

Molten Core Raider
so - if i bought FFXIV original, do i get early access or do i need to preorder the game again to get early access?
Taken from their site:
Players Who Own FFXIV Version 1.0
Players who own FFXIV version 1.0 will not need to purchase the PC version of FFXIV: ARR and will be able to download the FFXIV: ARR software for free.

You are also getting free early access +mog hat and cait sith pet. You can even upgrade to collectors edition to get all those perks too. And for those that bought the 1.0 collectors? They get all the 2.0 collectors perks free.

Here's the source:http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...96bf81c212957d

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Can't wait to start P3 so I can see if it really looks as terrible on PS3 as the previous videos depicted. It really is the deciding factor on which platform I choose.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Can't wait to start P3 so I can see if it really looks as terrible on PS3 as the previous videos depicted. It really is the deciding factor on which platform I choose.
Agreed. Not holding out much hope, but if SE can pull off a ps3 port this game can be huge. There is no market yet for console mmorpgs (despite ffxi and dcuo etc..) and a name as recognizable as final fantasy*could draw in a fuckton of console players. The downside, of course, is that it could draw in a fuckton of console players. Not sure if this gen of console gamer would mix well with the pc mmo crowd. Gonna be an interesting if not frustrating social experiment either way.

As Sean posted, I have my fingers crossed for a ps4 reveal at E3. I would gladly shower Squeenix with money.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I just hope they limit transfers for 1.0 characters to certain servers and offer some servers with completely new characters only. Then, I'll be satisfied. Everyone starting from the bottom

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
They said a long time ago that they will offer fresh servers with no 1.0 characters. Which is great! It would have been a deal breaker for me, if they didn't.

Stave

Potato del Grande
I just hope they limit transfers for 1.0 characters to certain servers and offer some servers with completely new characters only. Then, I'll be satisfied. Everyone starting from the bottom
Yeah there are going to be Legacy servers, and new servers. Only new players can start on new servers. New players can start on legacy servers though if they want to play with old friends. If I remember right, Legacy players won't be able to transfer to the new servers until the end of the year.

Silversnow_sl

shitlord
If you are legacy you get early access. Non legacy standard and even CE only get the client for free. Though 1.0 ce gets 2.0 ce items.

If you want early access you will need to rebuy the game.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Yeah you only get early access if you continued to pay for the game after it went F2P (or re-buy the game), that's their reward.

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If you are legacy you get early access. Non legacy standard and even CE only get the client for free. Though 1.0 ce gets 2.0 ce items.

If you want early access you will need to rebuy the game.
thanks. what exactly does legacy mean? I bought the game but cancelled my sub after about 15 minutes because the game was a piece of shit

EDIT - Nevermind, Man0warr answered my question. Thanks. Looks like I get to pay these dicks twice

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Keep in mind, open beta characters will transfer over and not be wiped. So technically, we all get early access.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Keep in mind, open beta characters will transfer over and not be wiped. So technically, we all get early access.
Source? I know it's probably too soon, but if that's the case, I'm in-like-fucking-flynn when this launces.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
The beta roadmap states phase 4 or open beta. States characters will not be wiped. They have followed that roadmap religiously since alpha.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I'd imagine its gonna start end of may beginning of June. They have to fit open beta in between there and aug 27 too. So soon.