Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So when P4 starts is that for sure open beta? I still haven't gotten in
frown.png

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Well, PS3 gameplay looks smooth as butter now from what I can tell. Here is PS3 gameplay from today. Starts at 1:18:19

Also a little weird animation stuff on the PS3, but again still in beta. I am impressed by the FPS improvement though.
I don't speak japanese, so I end up just hearing the similar words.

Hai means yes right? Start at 1:20:00. Play a drinking game and take a sip every time they say it. Hai hai hai. They are so positive
smile.png

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I really hope they bring back Blue Mage and Samurai. They were a lot of fun and looked awesome too!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They should just bring back all jobs up through ROZ (and some select ones after). It's literally all people want

DMK_sl

shitlord
After watching a few videos I may have to give this a shot. I was pretty vocal in my hate towards the original but the revamped one does look like it might be just different enough to feel new.

ixian_sl

shitlord
Hopefully Amazon gets the physical version of the PC collector's edition eventually. My last experience with the Square-Enix shop did not end well. :x

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
~ Does anyone know if the game has really any movement required during combat? The animations seemed to be overly flashy and while I've heard of some neat skill interactions, it seems like the players had next to no interaction with the environment during combat. Can anyone who's played ARR beta comment on how the group fights feel? I liked FFXI but we've come a long way in interactivity during combat and I'm not sure I could go back to it now.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
No movement really required outside of positioning for AEs and not aggroing other mobs. It's not like TERA or Neverwinter where you can dodge attacks.

All the group combat I did (dungeons) is more in the vein of WoW/FFXI than the new action MMORPGs. But there is going to be a lot of interactivity with your group when they re-introduce skill chains back to combat. Combat and animations are very smooth.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
No movement really required outside of positioning for AEs and not aggroing other mobs. It's not like TERA or Neverwinter where you can dodge attacks.

All the group combat I did (dungeons) is more in the vein of WoW/FFXI than the new action MMORPGs. But there is going to be a lot of interactivity with your group when they re-introduce skill chains back to combat. Combat and animations are very smooth.
This^

Plus most of the beta 2 dungeons were tank and spank. But all the mechanics weren't in and no skill chains as he pointed out. Beta 3 will have pretty much everything in that will be in the final game. And open beta after that will most likely just test for stability and only be a couple weeks IMO.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It's interesting that they wouldn't have something like skill chains in beta 2 when the very definition of beta is "feature complete."