Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The hate mods on skills for both War/Mrd and Pal/Glad are so huge that you can literally just sit there and spam your hate combo all day and never lose hate. Iiirc when we tested it, it was x3 for skull sunder/savage blade(?), and x5 for butcher's block/rage of halone (and seems to scale by level). Add that with voke that puts you 1 point over the highest hate and Shield Oath/Defiance that gives x2 hate to all actions including fash, what more you do really need. When we tested on Cancer for good dps rotations we had a script for a warrior tank alt that just spammed the hate combo lol.

It might be shitty for lower levels if that's what you mean, but it's retarded overpowered and easy at 50 right now. I played both a Glad and Mrd to 35 though in the first two phase 3's and didn't run into any problems. Gear plays alot into it too, since the combos are directly tied to weapon damage/str/det. If you're gear is terrible you'll have a worse time of it.

Edit: Or I could have just misread and you mean it's boring, who knows!
Just boring and disjointed is all.

With regards to the inventory. You can save sets of armor on the character screen. Can you implement them in a macro? I think you can macro individual inventory slots.

Roxette_sl

shitlord
Just boring and disjointed is all.

With regards to the inventory. You can save sets of armor on the character screen. Can you implement them in a macro? I think you can macro individual inventory slots.
I know there is a way to macro saving / updating gearsets, I do not know the command though. Also, from the gear manager you can grab the icon in the list and drag that to your ability bar for switching between gear / jobs quicker.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Aside from taking a while to 100% spiritbond some gear, or so it felt like, did anyone have a problem with getting materia during phase 3? I was trying to figure out if there were bonuses to spiritbond raising (duty finder, levequesting, FATEs) or not, but I couldn't put my finger on it. My first trip into Sastasha Seagrot maxed out six of my eight slots off the bat.

Also, ditto to Intrinsic's #4. I really hope they put in gear "filtration" into phase 4 so you know what the hell to equip if you change a job and forget to update your gear set. Cripes that was annoying sometimes, when going from Harvester back to Conjurer. >< Having to OCD organize your gear sets (by class no less) ... yeah.
When you equip your weapon, put on the gear you want. The gear set you have on at the time saves with each weapon so there should be no need to make macros. Unless I'm not understanding you correctly.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
The problem is that when you save a gear set as you level up you are continually adding new gear to it. If you forget to save it between switching jobs then switch back to it you have the old equipment setup. Just abit annoying, i wish they had a feature that basically you could turn on to auto save any equipment changes you make to that setting if you wanted. I switch alot for craft/harvest/dungeons etc and my dumb ass forgot sometimes and would be fighting and notice i was missing 100 hp or hitting low....DOH forgot to save the changes!

Also is there a set of hotbars that do not change during job changes? I thought that would be cross hotbars but I think I was wrong. For your consumables, equipment macro's etc it would be nice to have a static hotbar that doesnt change on the fly.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Not sure if this addresses your specific complaint, but it might help. There was a slash command that would output all the items associated with a gearset. This way, if you or the game got confused, you could at least somewhat easily see what items the game thought were part of the set in question.
Not really, mostly because sometimes I would have to go through every item in my armoury chest to figure out wtf I could even wear. And this assumes I had an item for the (empty) slot in question for the class I was switching to at the time.
tongue.png

Filtering out the items by can/can't wear right now (and/or having it display how many you CAN put on, on the Armoury Chest UI) would go a long ways when switching to a different line of work.

The "best" approach would be that the system auto-saves your gear ("Class Default") when you change it, based on your current job, and you have the option to override that with gear sets, or something. So you could just equip your class weapon and it'll auto equip you as you were. Doubt they'll do this, though.

Artifa

N00b
The problem is that when you save a gear set as you level up you are continually adding new gear to it. If you forget to save it between switching jobs then switch back to it you have the old equipment setup. Just abit annoying, i wish they had a feature that basically you could turn on to auto save any equipment changes you make to that setting if you wanted. I switch alot for craft/harvest/dungeons etc and my dumb ass forgot sometimes and would be fighting and notice i was missing 100 hp or hitting low....DOH forgot to save the changes!

Also is there a set of hotbars that do not change during job changes? I thought that would be cross hotbars but I think I was wrong. For your consumables, equipment macro's etc it would be nice to have a static hotbar that doesnt change on the fly.
I think the cross hotbars are the ones designed for controller use. I thought I saw a checkbox or something to set hotbars to persist through class changing for the purposes you are suggesting but I didn't play with my UI enough to know for sure.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ditch the whole Armory Chest and just give us a ragdoll for each class/job we have trained.
So reduce the inventory? You currently get more slots than you do classes. If they removed armory and had one set per each class, aside from the annoying factor of having to set it up with gear that is shared between classes, you'd have less inventory slots if you want to keep alternate weapons or armors which would then sit in your basic inventory instead of your armory.

I don't really get the complaints with inventory management in this game, seemed easy enough, just dump all your useless shit at your retainer, like you would in any other game. If you fill your 2(I think that's the max?) retainers then yeah it becomes annoying but at that point start selling your shitty white quest rewards cause you won't need them anyway.

This game gives you so much inventory I feel, without having to buy stupid bags or unlock bag/bank slots. Yet that's not enough? I guess it could be unlimited or just use other systems and not have inventory management at all but I don't feel it's such a bad feature as long as it's not too limiting, which I haven't found it to be the case here.

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
There's what, 8 classes and 9 jobs? Add 1 for universal crafting and gathering for 19 total. That's bigger than the Armory, no? Like you said it's not about space, but rather organization. The current system turns into a clusterfuck when you get 5-6 classes going.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sorry if this question has been asked a million times before, but I am kinda interested in trying out the game, is there going to be an open beta at some point? if I register for the beta, will I eventually get an invite, or will I probably have to wait until the game is re-released?

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
Sorry if this question has been asked a million times before, but I am kinda interested in trying out the game, is there going to be an open beta at some point? if I register for the beta, will I eventually get an invite, or will I probably have to wait until the game is re-released?
Next phase is open beta.

fletch101

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yes, there is an open beta upcoming. We are expecting it to begin in the next month, but there are no official details yet. Shortly after, there is an early access period (also not officially defined), and release on 8/27. Some speculation has the open beta beginning as early as 8/8. I don't think we know if there will be a gap between phase 4 and the early access/release period.

Character data from phase 4/open beta is supposed to be retained into release, barring any major issues that would necessitate a wipe.

If you're interested, I would sign up now, as you suggested. If they go another route for the open beta (like just opening the floodgates to anyone with the client and account), then you're not out anything. Regardless, I strongly recommend making a SE account if you don't have one. Their account management system is clunky, and if flooded with new users once the open beta hits, it could slow down your access to phase4, so get ahead of the pack in this regard if you can.

Noahx

N00b
Oh, and we also came up with Power Leveling Crafting packs. Can get you from 0 - 23 or so in any skill with just a few HQ mats and you chain running leves. That is one real downside of low level HQ being so trivial.
That's dam inventive - I suspect they will nerf it.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks, also pre-ordered the game, I purchased the PS3 version, I'm assuming that If I make a character during the beta on a PC, I'd be able to access it later using the ps3 client? The website seemed to insinuate that you can play either PC or PS3 if you buy the PS3 client, but you can't play on the PS3 with just a PC client version...

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Thanks, also pre-ordered the game, I purchased the PS3 version, I'm assuming that If I make a character during the beta on a PC, I'd be able to access it later using the ps3 client? The website seemed to insinuate that you can play either PC or PS3 if you buy the PS3 client, but you can't play on the PS3 with just a PC client version...
Both versions connect to the same servers and characters.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's what, 8 classes and 9 jobs? Add 1 for universal crafting and gathering for 19 total. That's bigger than the Armory, no? Like you said it's not about space, but rather organization. The current system turns into a clusterfuck when you get 5-6 classes going.
Oh yeah I guess if you keep gear for every single class and jobs but that's like, why? I mean there's gonna be overlap for sure, MRD/GLD armor is the same, MNK/DRG/ARC is the same I think, THM/ACN or CNJ/ACN is going to be the same, then you have job specific AF. More importantly, do you really need all the armor for all the classes at all times? Like can't you tell beforehand what you're going to need and just grab it from your "bank" if you're gonna be lvling CNJ today or whatever. I guess I see your point but how long until you can actually have one set for each class and job that matters(vs just buying a new set of HQ shit at the AH whenever you feel like lvling one of these).

I don't know, doesn't seem like a concern to me, I won't play everything all the time. On the clusterfuck aspect, sorting and seeing at a glance what you can equip would mostly fix it I feel. Mostly sorting, so all your armor is organized by type and level, easy to find what you're looking for then. Also I think it's more confusing atm where people keep their quested whites for next classes and shit but you get so many of these like every 2-3 level upgrades and shit. Eventually if you lvl a main to 50, you'll have the money to just buy HQ crafted shit that comes every 5 levels or whatever, hell with chocobo you can probably only upgrade armor every 10levels or so, will clear a lot of inventory clutter by not keeping all that trash loot.

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
That's dam inventive - I suspect they will nerf it.
It won't be as big a deal at release since we all had a ton of leves to spam each weekend because of the forced downtime.

As is, they're a much better way to allow people who can't log in every day to catch up than rested xp or whatever other bullshit MMOs have tried.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Is there any reason to buy the edition of the game that comes with a mount or is it p easy to just buy them with Gil or whatever. Also I only played for like 2 hours because i don't really wanna ever go through all that mailman shit again until release, does the game ever just get into the Kill/Collect bear asses quest mode or do you have to run around like an asshole for 50 levels 15 times?